Like the humanity she showed to the Argentinian sailors on the Belgrano who were obeying the instruction to sail out of the exclusion zone?1964white wrote:Good to see some folk showing humanity no matter your political slant is
Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on (merged )
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14627
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Were you there?Guildford White wrote:
Like the humanity she showed to the Argentinian sailors on the Belgrano who were obeying the instruction to sail out of the exclusion zone?
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
-
gessa
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Personally I think Callaghan,Major and Brown were worse Prime Ministers but that's just my opinion.
Spent a few hours in conversation with her daughter once, who was a thoroughly nice lady but it became apparent during the conversation that there was no love lost between mother and daughter.
Spent a few hours in conversation with her daughter once, who was a thoroughly nice lady but it became apparent during the conversation that there was no love lost between mother and daughter.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
No, but a cousin was. I have spoken to him at length about the Falklands.hector wrote: Were you there?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Go on guild give em it!
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14627
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Ah I see.Guildford White wrote:
No, but a cousin was. I have spoken to him at length about the Falklands.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Anyway, this is about far more than the Falklands, whatever the rights and wrongs of that sorry state of affairs.
It's about the miner's strike and the politicisation of the police, it's about support for Pinochet and Apartheid, it's about destroying the lives of countless people in towns throughout the north of England, Scotland and wales. Its about the poll tax.
It's about her evil legacy.
It's about the miner's strike and the politicisation of the police, it's about support for Pinochet and Apartheid, it's about destroying the lives of countless people in towns throughout the north of England, Scotland and wales. Its about the poll tax.
It's about her evil legacy.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
It shows what differing views are being thrown up. This afternoon I was listening to a phone in on Radio 2 and an ex Falklands soldier rang up and broke down in tears whilst discussion the death of Margaret Thatcher.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
I've said this elsewhere a couple of times today but - much as I hated Thatcher (and I did - with no reservations), I find it very difficult to celebrate her death. An 87 year old woman who had long since fallen deep into dementia. I can't rejoice at that. For me, she "got hers" when she was stabbed in the back by her own party in 1990. I rejoiced then, seeing her fighting back the tears and knowing that the very people she had trusted had conspired to oust her from her position. She felt that more severely than anything else and never, ever forgave the people who had shafted her..........and I loved every minute.

- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
That was, indeed, a glorious day.Durly wrote:I've said this elsewhere a couple of times today but - much as I hated Thatcher (and I did - with no reservations), I find it very difficult to celebrate her death. An 87 year old woman who had long since fallen deep into dementia. I can't rejoice at that. For me, she "got hers" when she was stabbed in the back by her own party in 1990. I rejoiced then, seeing her fighting back the tears and knowing that the very people she had trusted had conspired to oust her from her position. She felt that more severely than anything else and never, ever forgave the people who had shafted her..........and I loved every minute.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
And you have no problem mentioning her in the same crowd as that lot,whatever your politics shame on you.Guildford White wrote:I seem to remember people celebrating the deaths of Osama bin Laden, Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein.
Just sayin'
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Exactly CSA..
Have we all forgotten what good she did...
right to buy and the recasting of social housing as housing for those with a particualr need
vast increase in the number of people in the population who owned shares via the gas and electric privatisations and the Building societies that changed to banks ( e.g. halifax and abbey)
sought inwards investment in manufacturing e.g. Nissan in Washington T+W , toyota in derby and Honda in Swindon
EU opt outs , vetos and contribution remission
reform of employment law to stop the Unions holding the nation to ransom
Have we all forgotten what good she did...
right to buy and the recasting of social housing as housing for those with a particualr need
vast increase in the number of people in the population who owned shares via the gas and electric privatisations and the Building societies that changed to banks ( e.g. halifax and abbey)
sought inwards investment in manufacturing e.g. Nissan in Washington T+W , toyota in derby and Honda in Swindon
EU opt outs , vetos and contribution remission
reform of employment law to stop the Unions holding the nation to ransom
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Love it. "Right to buy" was a cheap vote-buying exercise which, by decimating the social housing stock caused people who would have been council house tenants to be housed in privately rented properties and, as a consequence, caused the problem we have now of vast housing benefits. All the glories of Thatcherism!Chester wrote:Exactly CSA..
Have we all forgotten what good she did...
right to buy and the recasting of social housing as housing for those with a particualr need
vast increase in the number of people in the population who owned shares via the gas and electric privatisations and the Building societies that changed to banks ( e.g. halifax and abbey)
sought inwards investment in manufacturing e.g. Nissan in Washington T+W , toyota in derby and Honda in Swindon
EU opt outs , vetos and contribution remission
reform of employment law to stop the Unions holding the nation to ransom
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Guildford White clearly has no problem in mentioning Osama bin Laden, Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein in the same breath as Margaret Thatcher.
I can't believe I'm posting on a board with someone who has those views. As a result I can't continue to post here.
I can't believe I'm posting on a board with someone who has those views. As a result I can't continue to post here.
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Chester wrote:Exactly CSA..
Have we all forgotten what good she did...
right to buy and the recasting of social housing as housing for those with a particualr need
vast increase in the number of people in the population who owned shares via the gas and electric privatisations and the Building societies that changed to banks ( e.g. halifax and abbey)
sought inwards investment in manufacturing e.g. Nissan in Washington T+W , toyota in derby and Honda in Swindon
EU opt outs , vetos and contribution remission
reform of employment law to stop the Unions holding the nation to ransom
For every worthy hard working Trade unionist, there are those Union Leaders whose behaviour was every bit as culpable, sometimes it makes me really wonder who destroyed the Unions
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
It's just a knee jerk Trotsyist View, said in haste, that should in all honesty be retracted.Chester wrote:Guildford White clearly has no problem in mentioning Osama bin Laden, Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein in the same breath as Margaret Thatcher.
I can't believe I'm posting on a board with someone who has those views. As a result I can't continue to post here.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Trotskyist!CSA wrote:
It's just a knee jerk Trotsyist View, said in haste, that should in all honesty be retracted.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- CSA
- First Team

- Posts: 2392
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
- Location: South Leeds.
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Once again without explanation you revert to infantile giggling fits, it does you no justice, do tell, what exactly are your politics because you are giving out some strange vibes mate, alluring that if we mourn the passing of Thatcher we should mourn Bin Laden equally, just asking likeGuildford White wrote:
Trotskyist!
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Chester wrote:Guildford White clearly has no problem in mentioning Osama bin Laden, Gaddafi and Saddam Hussein in the same breath as Margaret Thatcher.
You're right - I despise them all equally.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: Forgive me while I get my dancing shoes on
Guildford White wrote:
You're right - I despise them all equally.
And I could add Tony Blair and George W Bush to that list too.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
