Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
-
Norm
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 6930
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
- Location: SW Missouri USA
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
I'd far rather us be boring (and even "Arsenal 1 t'otherlot 0") than the alternative!
-
Chester
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 274
- Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:36 pm
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
A very enjoyable away day, relatively local and we won.
I thought our first half performance was excellent, dominating throughout. Second half less so.
Defensively we looked solid, in particular our centreback combination of Wootton and Pearce. I still have my doubts about Warnock even though they thought on Radio Leeds he had a good game. I think they saw a different individual performance to me. Hopefully Peltier recovers quickly from his groin injury as I think he's having a good season to date.
McCormack in my opinion had his quietest game of the season. Hunt worked hard but I personally have my doubts about him long term.
I thought Varney was outstanding, winning I think every header in the air including his classy goal. Worked his socks off too. Varney was my Man of the Match.
Overall I thought we played well against a very poor team.
I thought our first half performance was excellent, dominating throughout. Second half less so.
Defensively we looked solid, in particular our centreback combination of Wootton and Pearce. I still have my doubts about Warnock even though they thought on Radio Leeds he had a good game. I think they saw a different individual performance to me. Hopefully Peltier recovers quickly from his groin injury as I think he's having a good season to date.
McCormack in my opinion had his quietest game of the season. Hunt worked hard but I personally have my doubts about him long term.
I thought Varney was outstanding, winning I think every header in the air including his classy goal. Worked his socks off too. Varney was my Man of the Match.
Overall I thought we played well against a very poor team.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155253
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
You called it right mategessa wrote:
Pity I can't be as good in the prediction leagues.
To be in with a chance of a top 6 finish , this is what we should be doing , going to the bottomteams/teams that are struggling for form and coming back with 3 points, great win.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155253
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
You should of seen the celebration, togetherness passion at the final whistleweasel wrote:The great thing that the video shows is the team spirit at Leeds. 7 players sprint (from different places on the pitch too) over to Varney to celebrate (and there may have been more cos the video cut off then). No simple handshakes or players returning to their positions. Fantastic when you see that.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155253
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
Thought Warnock was fine apart from a couple of momentsChester wrote:A very enjoyable away day, relatively local and we won.![]()
I thought our first half performance was excellent, dominating throughout. Second half less so.
Defensively we looked solid, in particular our centreback combination of Wootton and Pearce. I still have my doubts about Warnock even though they thought on Radio Leeds he had a good game. I think they saw a different individual performance to me. Hopefully Peltier recovers quickly from his groin injury as I think he's having a good season to date.
McCormack in my opinion had his quietest game of the season. Hunt worked hard but I personally have my doubts about him long term.
I thought Varney was outstanding, winning I think every header in the air including his classy goal. Worked his socks off too. Varney was my Man of the Match.
Overall I thought we played well against a very poor team.
Agree on the fans favourite McCormack, thought he was awful. My mates who are Ross fans make excuses for him other players are devoid of....they said he didn't receive the ball enough, now i can understand when strikers dont get any service but you cant go missing when you are playing in midfield which is where Ross is playing. Without doubt the man with the best contract at the club was the least effective player on the park
- lincoln white
- Youth Team

- Posts: 101
- Joined: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:20 am
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
play like that and we wont be far away this season,we had togetherness and we wanted it more than them,
1st class performance,leeds fans were top notch again too,onwards and upwards,
MOT
1st class performance,leeds fans were top notch again too,onwards and upwards,
MOT
on the leeds side streets that you slip down..........
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155253
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Bolton v Leeds - Team/Reports/Ratings....
As Chester says a very enjoyable day with another solid performance from the lads. We have to remember apart from Wootton, Murphy & Hunt this is Warnock's team, a team that struggled to find an away win in the championship from the early December 2012 under NW. Since the arrival of McDermott we have won 4 away with wins at Watford, Donny (cup) Ipswich, Bolton plus a draw at Leicester in our last five aways. What a turnaround
Our team appears totally rejuvenated with a team spirit second to none....defensively we are looking very strong conceding 6 goals in our first 8 league & cup games. We seem to deal with pressure more efficiently for the first time in many seasons all down to McDermott's organisation of the way he sets his team out to play. We have defenders putting their bodies into challenges unseen in a Leeds defence previously. We are defending corners/crosses more effectively because we have a bigger team now who know their job & with Austin sitting in front of our defence there is a huge difference in comparison to last season. Our problem is up top where we lack a prolific goalscorer, a problem which i have no doubt McD will resolve in time !
Kenny 7
Peltier 8
Pearce 8
Wootton 8
Warnock 7
Austin 8
Tonge 8
Murphy 7
McCormack 5
Varney 8 (MOTM)
Hunt 7
Sub : Lees 7
McDermott 10
Fans 10
Bolton 5
Bolton Fans 2
Ref 6
Our team appears totally rejuvenated with a team spirit second to none....defensively we are looking very strong conceding 6 goals in our first 8 league & cup games. We seem to deal with pressure more efficiently for the first time in many seasons all down to McDermott's organisation of the way he sets his team out to play. We have defenders putting their bodies into challenges unseen in a Leeds defence previously. We are defending corners/crosses more effectively because we have a bigger team now who know their job & with Austin sitting in front of our defence there is a huge difference in comparison to last season. Our problem is up top where we lack a prolific goalscorer, a problem which i have no doubt McD will resolve in time !
Kenny 7
Peltier 8
Pearce 8
Wootton 8
Warnock 7
Austin 8
Tonge 8
Murphy 7
McCormack 5
Varney 8 (MOTM)
Hunt 7
Sub : Lees 7
McDermott 10
Fans 10
Bolton 5
Bolton Fans 2
Ref 6