Legal Help Needed
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Leicester White
- Ballboy

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:00 am
- Location: Leicester
Legal Help Needed
Hi Guys,
I'm just seeking some advice really on my current situation. I have seperateed from my Wife and Children recently. Last night i had a telephone call from my eldest Daughter who is 12 years old. She was in floods of tears as she said she was "scared". She explained that my Ex had taken my other 2 Daughters to a football training session at which one of my Daughters was taking part, and left her "Home Alone". She mentioned that they had been gone for 2 hours and that Mummy's new Boyfriend had been to the House to drop off some car keys, keys to a car that is owned by ME! He clearly isnt insured on the car either.
Anyway, i went to the House to get my Daughter as she was asking to come and stay with me. When i arrive at the House my Ex was already there and had locked the door. My Daughter was pleading with her Mum to open the door as she wanted to go with her Daddy. Exentually she opened the door ang she flew at me with punches, slaps, kicks and a nasty scratch which is down the side of my face.
I have informed the Police of what she has done and i am waiting for them to arrive at my House to take a statement. The advice i am seeking is should i press charges for assault? She is a Child Minder and Ofsted registered, if i press charges will that effect her Job? Meaning if she lost her license she'd have no income. She would then try to get even more money off me for the House, Kids etc.
Your thoughts will be gratefully recieved...
Cheers
Sam LW
I'm just seeking some advice really on my current situation. I have seperateed from my Wife and Children recently. Last night i had a telephone call from my eldest Daughter who is 12 years old. She was in floods of tears as she said she was "scared". She explained that my Ex had taken my other 2 Daughters to a football training session at which one of my Daughters was taking part, and left her "Home Alone". She mentioned that they had been gone for 2 hours and that Mummy's new Boyfriend had been to the House to drop off some car keys, keys to a car that is owned by ME! He clearly isnt insured on the car either.
Anyway, i went to the House to get my Daughter as she was asking to come and stay with me. When i arrive at the House my Ex was already there and had locked the door. My Daughter was pleading with her Mum to open the door as she wanted to go with her Daddy. Exentually she opened the door ang she flew at me with punches, slaps, kicks and a nasty scratch which is down the side of my face.
I have informed the Police of what she has done and i am waiting for them to arrive at my House to take a statement. The advice i am seeking is should i press charges for assault? She is a Child Minder and Ofsted registered, if i press charges will that effect her Job? Meaning if she lost her license she'd have no income. She would then try to get even more money off me for the House, Kids etc.
Your thoughts will be gratefully recieved...
Cheers
Sam LW
"Get on Teletext, Booked it, Packed it, F**ed Off!!".
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Legal Help Needed
Press charges and it could end up in a right battle between you 2 for years!
- Leicester White
- Ballboy

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:00 am
- Location: Leicester
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Legal Help Needed
If she works with kids and you nail her with the cops and she confesses yeah, chances are she will lose her job.
And you are quite right to think of the s**t slide effecting you.
If I were you, I would NOT make a statement, tell the cops you changed your mind, then get on the blower to your ex and tell her you did her a favour. If you do tell the cops what happened, they will go nick her, slam the cage door shut for 5 to 8 hours.... If she has the gumption to get a solicitor he might tell her to flat out deny it, or she might buckle and say she did assault you. So it might cost you if she denies it in one way or another, do you really want to take your ex through court buddy? The kids will see that. Do you really want the kids seeing mum getting nicked?
If I were you I would try and I know its hard to focus on your kids seeing the best of it all.
As for her hitting you, I have been hit by women before the first time ok, the second time she was pinned down on the floor, i dont give a fcuk if a woman wants to hit me its stepping over the line.
This situation is crappy one for you.
Edit: If the cops are coming out to you, they might try to make you tell them what happened, just keep telling them you do not want to make a statement as you changed your mind. Its your right to refuse the statement.
One time My ex got done for battery, she would not leave my house, so i HAD to call the cops, where she fecked up though was when i called them they RECORD the call and you could hear her going for me and threatening me and trying to hit me. So even though I did not want to make a statement they could see she had battered me (just red marks but enough for them) and with the call THEY decided to take her in even though I did not make a statement. Bad that aint it?
And you are quite right to think of the s**t slide effecting you.
If I were you, I would NOT make a statement, tell the cops you changed your mind, then get on the blower to your ex and tell her you did her a favour. If you do tell the cops what happened, they will go nick her, slam the cage door shut for 5 to 8 hours.... If she has the gumption to get a solicitor he might tell her to flat out deny it, or she might buckle and say she did assault you. So it might cost you if she denies it in one way or another, do you really want to take your ex through court buddy? The kids will see that. Do you really want the kids seeing mum getting nicked?
If I were you I would try and I know its hard to focus on your kids seeing the best of it all.
As for her hitting you, I have been hit by women before the first time ok, the second time she was pinned down on the floor, i dont give a fcuk if a woman wants to hit me its stepping over the line.
This situation is crappy one for you.
Edit: If the cops are coming out to you, they might try to make you tell them what happened, just keep telling them you do not want to make a statement as you changed your mind. Its your right to refuse the statement.
One time My ex got done for battery, she would not leave my house, so i HAD to call the cops, where she fecked up though was when i called them they RECORD the call and you could hear her going for me and threatening me and trying to hit me. So even though I did not want to make a statement they could see she had battered me (just red marks but enough for them) and with the call THEY decided to take her in even though I did not make a statement. Bad that aint it?
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Legal Help Needed
I'd go to see a solicitor mate. Difficult one this for you. On another note I wouldn't be happy if I thought one of my kids was being looked after by a registered childminder with violent tendencies!
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Leicester White
- Ballboy

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:00 am
- Location: Leicester
Re: Legal Help Needed
I look like i've been slashed down the side of my face. Thanks for the advice but if she's done it before what if she does it again? Ive also been having threatening phone calls from a lad with regards to her. They keep locking the number though meaning i cant report it. Would you tell the Police about that?
"Get on Teletext, Booked it, Packed it, F**ed Off!!".
- becchio bear
- Superstar

- Posts: 19296
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
- Twitter: @Becchiobear
- Location: Bramley Leeds
Re: Legal Help Needed
Take photos of your face. Ring the police and tell them you want to defer making a statement until you've taken legal advice!Leicester White wrote:I look like i've been slashed down the side of my face. Thanks for the advice but if she's done it before what if she does it again? Ive also been having threatening phone calls from a lad with regards to her. They keep locking the number though meaning i cant report it. Would you tell the Police about that?
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
Legal Help Needed
I personally wouldn't no mate,Leicester White wrote:Would you not then?
But luckily haven't been in that situation and with my temper if be ready to confront her new fella.
I suppose talking to her is out of the question
- Leicester White
- Ballboy

- Posts: 8
- Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:00 am
- Location: Leicester
Re: Legal Help Needed
i never want to speak to her ever again. My kids saw what she did to me last night and were histerical. Took pictures thought and have been documenting what she has been doing
"Get on Teletext, Booked it, Packed it, F**ed Off!!".
-
Emsley
- Superstar

- Posts: 7373
- Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:51 am
- Location: Leeds.
Re: Legal Help Needed
This, BB knows the score.becchio bear wrote: Take photos of your face. Ring the police and tell them you want to defer making a statement until you've taken legal advice!
That way you can keep it in your bag of ammo without firing it.
If she is going for him wolf, i think talking is out of the question.Wolfetoneleeds wrote: I suppose talking to her is out of the question
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.