Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155233
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Really hoping I'm fit enough to attend this game.

Hoping McD grows some balls & demotes Ross & Lees to the bench with Blackstock & Marius replacing the dodgy duo. Pelts may even be drafted in
Warnock seems more comfortable at ER so I would stick with him even though he had a stinker at Huddersfield
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Twiggster »

I'd like to see Kenny dropped, just to show the grinning ape that he isn't an automatic choice just cos he has a Colin contract. He really has been shyte this season.
Samby is doubtful from what I hear? :( Well done Egg for keeping him on the pitch at hudders, when he was obviously suffering. :roll: Pelts then at RB.
Hope Zaliukus gets a start - Wootton or Pearce dropped? Both deserve to be, after Hudds game. Lees was the only CD worthy of the shirt last game.
Biggest prob for me is LB? Warnock is a plane crash waiting to happen. But all our cover at LB is out on loan. Well done Brian!

This is a game Egg can experiment in. It's fukkin Yeovil.... :roll:
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Genghers »

I'd stick with the same team barring injuries- it's probably our strongest match fit 11 at the moment and it's a lovely formation when it works well a la Birmingham. We'll have Zali and Blackstock on the bench if things are looking desperate.

Really hope Byram doesn't suffer any ill effects after playing through the pain - a really silly move from Brian...
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Crude »

Being Leeds United, as we all know Leeds United, this match against a seemingly inferior side will no doubt be extremely hard work of it, and probably get a late winner nicked against us. :|
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by becchio bear »

i have been up to ER this morning and purchased a ticket for Saturday :-D :-D :-D :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14813
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by lufc1304 »

becchio bear wrote:i have been up to ER this morning and purchased a ticket for Saturday :-D :-D :-D :bear:
One ticket, Ang? Has Thomas pledged his allegiance to Donny?? :wink:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by becchio bear »

lufc1304 wrote:
One ticket, Ang? Has Thomas pledged his allegiance to Donny?? :wink:
Ha ha no, I've got Thomas one as well :tup: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155233
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:i have been up to ER this morning and purchased a ticket for Saturday :-D :-D :-D :bear:
So you're not having Pat's ticket ?
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
So you're not having Pat's ticket ?
No, I usually go with Pat not on her ticket :) :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by theleedsmango »

If Byram is not fit, I'd start Peltier. If Byram is fit, I'd still start Peltier over Pearce. Peltier is a bit more agile than the current back 3, and would also be more used to covering the wide positions.

I think we need to hold on to the same midfield if possible, to really grow in this formation. Would hesitate slightly to use Mowatt again, at the risk of burnout, but we need his crosses.

Up front Smith has to be a guaranteed start. Form and confidence is key to a player like that so we should use him while he's on top. It's a toss between Blackstock and McCormack for the other position - As a McCormack fan, I think Blackstock deserves the start - let McCormack have the opportunity to come on and make a difference. The competition might just fire him up.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by paddy parrott »

Dunno` about peltier as one of three back, but i see your point leeds mango.
Its` now time for a settle defence for sure and some more measure of a consistent established defence [ INJURIES EX.].
i just aren`t sold on a back three at this time.,although peltier can operate at left side .
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4013
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by rich_leeds64 »

We were lacking confidence going into the Birmingham game and somehow we came out all guns blazing and got the result albeit against a very poor side. Yeovil will be up for this one after blowing Forest away on Saturday whilst we're licking our wounds inflicted by the Terriers. Bold decisions are needed by B Mac to pick us up once again. McCormack should certainly start on the bench after his lacklustre performance at "udders" and give Blackstock the chance up front with Smith. Byram will surely have to be rested to save any chance of long term damage and probably Peltier will come in. We'll have to stick with Warnock as has been said earlier we've got no one else for LB. I can't see it happening but Kenny could also do with being knocked down a peg or two, he can make fantastic saves but he can let himself down with decision making regarding commanding the box, his distribution can be very suspect at times too. I think we will return to winning ways and hopefully banish the memory of Huddersfield. :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155233
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

The stats read we have won 5 & drawn 1 on the 6 occasions we've played Yeovil Town

So why am I apprehensive & nervous about this game :?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79039
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by The Subhuman »

no reason, 2-0. I'd expect nothing less
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Genghers »

Hopefully Brian will get them fired up and out to prove a point after the disappointment of last weekend. I'd love another clean sheet and a few goals.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Martyn »

I'm looking forward to my first game of the season.

3-1 Leeds I reckon
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Twiggster »

Byram and Warnock both doubtful for this one. Looks like Zali will HAVE to start?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:Byram and Warnock both doubtful for this one. Looks like Zali will HAVE to start?
He's hardly an attacking full-back, is he? I know he can play left back, but this makes it all the stranger that we've sent White out...
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155233
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:I'd stick with the same team barring injuries- it's probably our strongest match fit 11 at the moment and it's a lovely formation when it works well a la Birmingham. We'll have Zali and Blackstock on the bench if things are looking desperate.

Really hope Byram doesn't suffer any ill effects after playing through the pain - a really silly move from Brian...
You have a lot of faith in our No.44 :shock:

I've been saying since our away game at Blackpool in September 2012 that we have no chance of achieving anything with this fella upfront, 15 months down the line he is proving my statement absolutely bang on !
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155233
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds v Yeovil - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: He's hardly an attacking full-back, is he? I know he can play left back, but this makes it all the stranger that we've sent White out...

Yes but Zalikus will get games once he is fit where as White has had plenty of opportunities at left back, left wing, right wing & still can't hack it !

I'll stick by another statement of mine I've made in the past, White will find his niche in League One
Post Reply