eastyorkshirewhite wrote:
Have never given an opinion on any players performance in a game I have watched on tv and I don't men just Leeds when watching on tv you do not see the runs players are making off the ball which can have a large bearing on the game you can often see the moves starting to happen have watched games on tv and in MY opinion you do not get this I know some people will disagree but from watching live football long long before they were shown on tv I feel you only get a true feel of the game if you are there in person.
we can agree to disagree, but I've walked out of football stadia and not agreed one bit with the guy stood/sat next to me...it's still only opinion whether there in person or watching on tele....
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
1964white wrote:I would play Kebe on the left where he use to play for Reading, drop Stewart & bring in Byram to play down the right flank with Peltier.
Young Sam & Alex are better footballers than Kebe & Stewart, Mowatt needs to remain on the bench though !
I doubt our tactical supremo will even make that change
Good point. B Mac always wants Kebe to play on right as he is right footed. He is always better on left as he prefers to cut in. Best performances on left
faaip wrote:
we can agree to disagree, but I've walked out of football stadia and not agreed one bit with the guy stood/sat next to me...it's still only opinion whether there in person or watching on tele....
Exactly. Plus one person's idea of a player being a 7, is another man's 5. Then there is also the stadium factor; if the atmosphere is electric it may make your judgement of the game positively skewed. I guess the whole idea of multiple people giving ideas is the average becomes a representation of how the player done in the fans eyes, taking emotions, prejudice, ability all into account. If you wanted ratings based purely on factual performance, most of which you would miss whether being at the game or not, you would look for a purely stat based rating.
Personally I never give score ratings or take much notice of them for the reason's I mentioned above. I would rather read about people's experiences of a player and of the game. It's about reading an opinion. Then you can make connections, if you agree on some performances, you take that reviewers judgement on other players a lot more seriously.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
trooper20 wrote:
Good point. B Mac always wants Kebe to play on right as he is right footed. He is always better on left as he prefers to cut in. Best performances on left
I wish our tactical genius realised
No doubt someone will make an excuse for yet another one of his strange decisions
Think we're struggling in 4-4-2. If byram fit he should always play and warnock best left back we've had for years (not much to beat really). Pearce best of an average bunch and want wotton to have a run. Kebe and stewart not been great but as I watch them seem to have defending on their minds and that holds them back, when they should just be allowed to attack. This formation will allow them to concentrate on attacking. Impressed with murphy lately this formation will suit as he can just feed the attacking 4. Macca and wickham can swap both capable of leading the line and also good on the ball so can drop deeper. brown probable prefered to austin and just given the job of breaking up boltons play. worth the change as just not playing well at all at the moment.
I fortunately couldn't make it today due to work commitments. Could someone on here kindly fill me in on what the actual f**k happened here today please?
Who's to blame for today's performance? I'm not going to say anything about it as I wasn't there.
I have just got home and well what can i say, so many negative's from players through to managing tactical ineptness. Shocking just shocking on so many levels.
How to feel like a Leeds United fan.
Roll a large wad of loo roll. Soak the wad under a tap. Imagine you are said sodden mass. Drop from six feet onto a lino floor.
The damp splat is the feeling you are after.
Took two of my grandkids today for their first ever match. I cannot believe the level of apathy in that team. I saw nothing positive that can be taken from that.
Well... decided to take my son to the game today for his first match expecting a riot of a game and what happened...
Arrived at the ground had the obitual photos with the Billy Bremner Statue, even got David Hague to retweet a message on Twitter this morning...
As we went through the turnstiles and to the seats Cellino and David Haigh were zipping around the family stand, all smiles and shaking hands with a couple of supporters before they disappeared.
Sat watching the pre-match build up with my 7 year old son... and as the players arrived on the pitch the fans drowned out the Bolton Wanderers away support..
The South stand support was up for a bit of banter, the Kop was chanting back, my son was expecting a Leeds United perfomance and 'football' was back at Elland Road...
It was just that someone seemed to have forgot to inform the players what they were there for...
The first half started okay, both teams held their own and Leeds probably just edged the game in the first 40 minutes... with Wickham showing some nice touches and link up play with McCormack albeit almost as if they were playing in Midfield.
Then Leeds just seemed to drop down gear... it was like watching a game in slow motion with the Leeds defence seemingly disappearing all together and playing to their own 'decisions' over what was happening on the field rather than the referee's whistle.. (who was also diabolical I may add).
McCormack tried desperately to spark something and lead from the front but it was evident that that's all it was ever going to be 'desperate', Wickham looked like he could be useful given some decent service and Sam Byram looked like he could create something on a couple of occasions... but it was all pretty futile..
The worst thing from today which says it all really was that Bolton didn't look special, no-one stood out, no-one set the game alight... it was just that the Leeds eleven were actually more like a Leeds five a-side team with so many players looking like they'd just turned up on the off chance of a kick about.
Poor Performance as a whole, alot of the team really have to question their own performances. Kebe and Stewart again have come in for some stick and need to put the ball across into the box when they have it rather than either look to get rid of the ball or run it into nothing...
Is it time for McDermott to go?? Who would we replace him with?
I might be mad in thinking this but would Grayson with Cellinos money fit the bill?? He's doing well at Preston and his team that got us promoted out of League one was better than what we have now!