Massimo TOMA thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
Velotrax

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Velotrax »

Guildford White wrote:
I hope not - he has never had a chance under GFH, now he might be able to start doing things the way he wanted to.
:tup:
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Crude »

CardiffWhite wrote:Great news, considering our position. Although I wonder if the Football League will be able/willing to take this to the High Court. There was talk of MC doing this if the QC rejected his appeal. I hope they don't throw another spanner in the works and introduce further delay and uncertainty. I don't know how all that works. Can anyone throw any light on it?
Based on the official statement from the FL, I don't think they will take it any further. But since Cellino is now officially the owner, can't see how the FL can take that away, unless they want to spent a bunch of money, and potentially have their dirty laundry out for everyone to see.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by ldsutd »

I think the only way Brian can keep his job is if he's willing to do a coaching job because Cellino has made it clear from the start he want's a coach and not a manager :duno:
richi78
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 7
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by richi78 »

The way I see it, the FL can walk away from this in a win win situation. If things go well, they can say that they were being cautious and no harm, no foul. If things go wrong, they can say that they tried to stop it, but an independent QC over turned them. I don't see any benefit they would get from appealing.

btw - first post after years of lurking - hello!
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Crude »

Welcome richi78.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by ldsutd »

richi78 wrote:The way I see it, the FL can walk away from this in a win win situation. If things go well, they can say that they were being cautious and no harm, no foul. If things go wrong, they can say that they tried to stop it, but an independent QC over turned them. I don't see any benefit they would get from appealing.

btw - first post after years of lurking - hello!

hi richi and welcome I agree with what your saying and I was thinking the same infact I read something similar on twitter through the week :tup:
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Martyn »

Here is the full judgement
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Twiggster »

And here's Cellino's lawyer, explaining how they won. clicky
User avatar
CSA
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2392
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 6:46 pm
Location: South Leeds.

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by CSA »

Guildford White wrote:
I hope not - he has never had a chance under GFH, now he might be able to start doing things the way he wanted to.
Sorry mate but it is him who puts the team out on the pitch, however distracting off field events may be, it is up to him and him alone to put 11 players out to put in a reasonably passionate performance.
Image
Ricb76
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 99
Joined: Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:32 pm

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Ricb76 »

I think he might stick with McDermott till the end of season, initially it seemed like he had a fixed vision for Leeds (when he sacked McDermott for example) but recently I get the feeling that he's adapted his views (Discussions with Farnan). He may have been relatively successful at Cagliari but obviously things here are not the same as Italy, I think that by engaging with Farnan he know's he'll be making a useful English football contact. I think he's realised that a different approach may be needed..... on the other hand he might be sacking McDermott as I type this haha. My point is that what ever he does, I don't think he's an idiot and Crazy Horse he may be but I'm looking forward to where he takes us. :tup:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by 1964white »

First heard whisper's of Cellini's approval as we were leaving the stadium :clap:

Fingers went into top gear as I texted several folk including Anorak, Dr, GW

The fans were buzzing in the concourse & on our way back to the coaches, happiest our fans have been in a long time.

Expect many P45's to be handed out over the coming weeks :-D
Last edited by 1964white on Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by 1964white »

Ricb76 wrote:I think he might stick with McDermott till the end of season, initially it seemed like he had a fixed vision for Leeds (when he sacked McDermott for example) but recently I get the feeling that he's adapted his views (Discussions with Farnan). He may have been relatively successful at Cagliari but obviously things here are not the same as Italy, I think that by engaging with Farnan he know's he'll be making a useful English football contact. I think he's realised that a different approach may be needed..... on the other hand he might be sacking McDermott as I type this haha. My point is that what ever he does, I don't think he's an idiot and Crazy Horse he may be but I'm looking forward to where he takes us. :tup:
Welcome Rich76
User avatar
Johnny Utah
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 153
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 11:10 am

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Johnny Utah »

Di Canio will be the new manager....
KEN BATES IS AN EVIL CROOK
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Martyn »

CSA wrote:
Sorry mate but it is him who puts the team out on the pitch, however distracting off field events may be, it is up to him and him alone to put 11 players out to put in a reasonably passionate performance.
We shall see.

I, and I guess many others on here, have had the experience of working for a dysfunctional company in the past, and however much you try to focus on the job in hand when you know that the leadership team are complete w@nkers it DOES affect your performance. Professional sport is one of those arenas where if you are 2 or 3% below optimum you get thrashed! and while I got weary of the same post-match conference every game it has to have had a serious impact on the players, way beyond anything Egg could influence.

I still believe he is a good (not great) manager who could pull a winning squad together with sensible backing.

Out of our hands though, we can only watch and wait
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Martyn »

Johnny Utah wrote:Di Canio will be the new manager....
Good god, I hope not.

Anybody but him
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14632
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by hector »

Joey Barton? :shock:

he has just taken his coaching exams I believe

:lol: :lol:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Twiggster »

Before a we sacka da manager and pay offa the deadwood - in thees pocket, I 'ave the wallet to buy the Elland Road footaball ground! Then you will all lovva me and won't care abouta da manager.

Image


Toby TNS right behind him there!!! :mrgreen:
USA LEE
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 348
Joined: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:00 am
Location: Chicago USA

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by USA LEE »

Zola !! Zola
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Twiggster »

USA LEE wrote:Zola !! Zola
Cellino is pals with SGE I hear..... :wink:
User avatar
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 10635
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
Twitter: @MartynStead
Location: and Momentum both uncertain

Re: Mega TOMA thread

Post by Martyn »

Twiggster wrote:Before a we sacka da manager and pay offa the deadwood - in thees pocket, I 'ave the wallet to buy the Elland Road footaball ground! Then you will all lovva me and won't care abouta da manager.

Image


Toby TNS right behind him there!!! :mrgreen:
Presumably he will buy Elland Road on Monday, if he meant his previous promise.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Post Reply