WORLD CUP 2014 : Your Best/Favourite Team & Players
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
COUNTDOWN - 6 days to go !
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14811
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
Difficult one to call this time, as I don't think there's a real standout side in the tournament. Brazil will be heavily fancied, but how they cope with the expectation level as the hosts may be key. A squad that can leave Tevez at home can't be discounted, so I expect Argentina to come close. Uruguay are potent up top, not convinced by the rest of their side.
From the European contingent, Spain, Germany and Belgium will be in the mix. The conditions are at least partly why no European side has won in South America, so it'll be all about ball retention and not having to chase games. For that reason, I see England huffing and puffing to perhaps the quarters, but no further.
I've seen quite a few mentions of the Ivory Coast being fancied, but I've not seen enough of them to make a call. From experience, African sides are technically sound but lack the discipline to really challenge.
The next month will tell the tale, bring it on!!!
From the European contingent, Spain, Germany and Belgium will be in the mix. The conditions are at least partly why no European side has won in South America, so it'll be all about ball retention and not having to chase games. For that reason, I see England huffing and puffing to perhaps the quarters, but no further.
I've seen quite a few mentions of the Ivory Coast being fancied, but I've not seen enough of them to make a call. From experience, African sides are technically sound but lack the discipline to really challenge.
The next month will tell the tale, bring it on!!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- bloomy
- Youth Team

- Posts: 115
- Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 4:37 pm
- Location: Brazil
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
gessa wrote:
Hi Bloomy, been a while mate hope things are good over there, how do you think the protests will affect the running of the competition.
Hi Gessa,
All is fine here at this end thanks!!!
Well a part of the population is planning big protests,so I expect there will be confronts with the local police.
Some people are angry about the amount of money being spent on buiding stadiums in far away places like MANAUS (where England play Italy) and also in Mato Grosso ,which is in a big farming & cattle area.
I am looking forward to the footy as usual!!!!
Fancy popping down Gessa?
I love Leeds United
- Crude
- Superstar

- Posts: 5674
- Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
- Location: 'Merica
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
Inspirational....
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000
Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
- Kepler
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
- Location: Copenhagen
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
as it is in south america, I would expect Brazil and Argentina to do well, with Brazil as the favorits. HAve put a a bet on England to suprice and win it, as I think the low expactations could work in their favor.
I expect Spain to go back to normal and go out early :D
I expect Spain to go back to normal and go out early :D

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
-
gessa
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
England are 25/1 to win the World Cup, for those not familiar with betting,it means if you put £10 on England to win you lose £10.Kepler wrote:as it is in south america, I would expect Brazil and Argentina to do well, with Brazil as the favorits. HAve put a a bet on England to suprice and win it, as I think the low expactations could work in their favor.
I expect Spain to go back to normal and go out early :D
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
You enjoyed that joke mategessa wrote:
England are 25/1 to win the World Cup, for those not familiar with betting,it means if you put £10 on England to win you lose £10.
-
gessa
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
If only mate, would love to. Brazil is one of my favourite places.bloomy wrote:
Hi Gessa,
All is fine here at this end thanks!!!
Well a part of the population is planning big protests,so I expect there will be confronts with the local police.
Some people are angry about the amount of money being spent on buiding stadiums in far away places like MANAUS (where England play Italy) and also in Mato Grosso ,which is in a big farming & cattle area.
I am looking forward to the footy as usual!!!!
Fancy popping down Gessa?
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
I see all the Union Jacks/England flags are being paraded on houses & cars !
Ah well twelve days into tournament they'll all have to be taken down again
Ah well twelve days into tournament they'll all have to be taken down again
- Kepler
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 787
- Joined: Sun Feb 11, 2007 2:20 am
- Location: Copenhagen
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
gessa wrote:
England are 25/1 to win the World Cup, for those not familiar with betting,it means if you put £10 on England to win you lose £10.

Winning doesn't really matter as longe as you win
- Vinnie Jones
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
Well, I shall be cheering on Holland as usual. The eternal bottlers...
I put a fiver on Belgium, as soon as they qualified, at 33/1 - odds now only 20/1! Best "dark horse" bet on the books.
I put a fiver on Belgium, as soon as they qualified, at 33/1 - odds now only 20/1! Best "dark horse" bet on the books.
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
gessa wrote:
England are 25/1 to win the World Cup, for those not familiar with betting,it means if you put £10 on England to win you lose £10.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
France tune up for the WC with an 8-0 win over Jamaica
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: WORLD CUP - 2014
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27756877
Meanwhile Hodgson praises England after the two draws v Ecuador & Honduras
Why does Hodgson remind me of Brian
Meanwhile Hodgson praises England after the two draws v Ecuador & Honduras
Why does Hodgson remind me of Brian
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: World Cup 2014 - BRAZIL v CROATIA
First match of this prestigious tournament featuring the samba boys - Brazil v Croatia 9pm tonight
I suspect the pre-match ceremonies will be colourful
Looking forward to this WC
I suspect the pre-match ceremonies will be colourful
Looking forward to this WC
- HarryofOz
- Superstar

- Posts: 16442
- Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am
Re: World Cup 2014 - BRAZIL v CROATIA
I am home from work now and am off work for the whole comp. Watching games by night and sleeping by day. I can't wait for it to start already.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
-
gessa
Re: World Cup 2014 - BRAZIL v CROATIA
Nice one Harry, enjoy mate.HarryofOz wrote:I am home from work now and am off work for the whole comp. Watching games by night and sleeping by day. I can't wait for it to start already.