New Head Coach LUFC
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
Don't have a smartphone.Guildford White wrote:Reaction to Hockaday's appointment
- theleedsmango
- First Team

- Posts: 1948
- Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I'm giving Hock a chance, and will be 100% behind him.
That being said; certain people continually rampaged McDermott and never gave him a 'chance.' So I think we should all lay our cards on the table and say that whether or not you partake in praising or mocking Hock, or any manager forthcoming or past, that it does not have any influence on your status as a Leeds supporter, irregardless of how many games you go to per season, and that to use such statements to back up your argument as a better fan, and therefore suggesting your opinion is above others, will make you look like a very silly boy indeed.
A negative based opinion can be counteracted by a positive statement to settle an argument without having to state how many games you have been to or how much money you have spent or indeed suggesting that your argument opponent is a poor Leeds fans as (s)he has made a negative comment.
That being said; certain people continually rampaged McDermott and never gave him a 'chance.' So I think we should all lay our cards on the table and say that whether or not you partake in praising or mocking Hock, or any manager forthcoming or past, that it does not have any influence on your status as a Leeds supporter, irregardless of how many games you go to per season, and that to use such statements to back up your argument as a better fan, and therefore suggesting your opinion is above others, will make you look like a very silly boy indeed.
A negative based opinion can be counteracted by a positive statement to settle an argument without having to state how many games you have been to or how much money you have spent or indeed suggesting that your argument opponent is a poor Leeds fans as (s)he has made a negative comment.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
Link works on my Macbook,don't need a phone for itTwiggster wrote:
Don't have a smartphone.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
Just gives me a link to download Vine app - then it's for phones.Guildford White wrote:
Link works on my Macbook,don't need a phone for it
Never mind
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I don't think this is the best way to start:
Telling dedicated Leeds fans that they have to earn his respect is a pretty arrogant thing to say. Who the hell does he think he is?Hockaday: 'I have to earn the fan's respect and they have to earn mine'
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
Durly beat you to it - that's his signatureTwiggster wrote:
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14816
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I'm sorry to say that, to me, this is beyond tinpot. I'm actually embarrassed to be a Leeds fan at this moment in time. Maybe Cockaday will prove me and others wrong, but I seriously doubt it. I suspect he'll get a chrimbo card with his P45 inside, if he lasts that long. A joke, and not a very funny one
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
Every manager has to start somewhere, give the guy a chance!El Es Six wrote:Listening to the press conference - if I were a Leeds player I'd feel less than inspired with a president that calls me a kid and a 1st team coach that's achieved next to nothing. I have a bad feeling about this set-up right now.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79067
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
theleedsmango wrote:I'm giving Hock a chance, and will be 100% behind him.
That being said; certain people continually rampaged McDermott and never gave him a 'chance.' So I think we should all lay our cards on the table and say that whether or not you partake in praising or mocking Hock, or any manager forthcoming or past, that it does not have any influence on your status as a Leeds supporter, irregardless of how many games you go to per season, and that to use such statements to back up your argument as a better fan, and therefore suggesting your opinion is above others, will make you look like a very silly boy indeed.
A negative based opinion can be counteracted by a positive statement to settle an argument without having to state how many games you have been to or how much money you have spent or indeed suggesting that your argument opponent is a poor Leeds fans as (s)he has made a negative comment.
Two of us, from day one, knew BMC wouldn't do a good job here...Me, because I'd seen first hand the sides he put out at Woking..and Gessa...Neither of us bad mouthed him. Still haven't as far as I'm concerned.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
So with Hockaday as coach and Lewis as his assistant and Carbone running the Academy - I guess it's goodbye and thanks for everything to Redfearn and Gibbs?
If not, where do they fit in?
If not, where do they fit in?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79067
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
lufc1304 wrote:I'm sorry to say that, to me, this is beyond tinpot. I'm actually embarrassed to be a Leeds fan at this moment in time. Maybe Cockaday will prove me and others wrong, but I seriously doubt it. I suspect he'll get a chrimbo card with his P45 inside, if he lasts that long. A joke, and not a very funny one
Exactly my thought process when we appointed BMC...It's not an appointment I'm happy about but I've never seen FG play so in this case I'm willing to wait and see..
Certainly an interesting development. Maybe Leeds want to start from the youth end in developing their team and DH will be good at that. Whether he has the all round managerial skills to manage successfully at League 2 or Championship level I don't know but he was better than most on here thought IMO and I hope that he gets the job.''
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I really wish that last quote hadn't mentioned League 2.faaip wrote:Certainly an interesting development. Maybe Leeds want to start from the youth end in developing their team and DH will be good at that. Whether he has the all round managerial skills to manage successfully at League 2 or Championship level I don't know but he was better than most on here thought IMO and I hope that he gets the job.''
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155290
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I did 42 games last season & saw with my own eyes how poor McDermott actually was....calling him 'poor' is not bad-mouthing him in my book !faaip wrote:
Two of us, from day one, knew BMC wouldn't do a good job here...Me, because I'd seen first hand the sides he put out at Woking..and Gessa...Neither of us bad mouthed him. Still haven't as far as I'm concerned.
- Ronan
- Manager

- Posts: 2898
- Joined: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:39 pm
- Location: Belfast
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
As i said before i would take Bubbles the Chimp as long as it brought us success....looks like it came true !!
I'm not holding out much hope for this season....but who knows
I'm not holding out much hope for this season....but who knows
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I think that got all mixed up to be fair. I am sure Hockaday said " He had to earn their respect "Guildford White wrote:I don't think this is the best way to start:
Telling dedicated Leeds fans that they have to earn his respect is a pretty arrogant thing to say. Who the hell does he think he is?
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2055
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
It seems to me this appointment has been the cheapest option just how will he feel when he has only managed in front of a few hundred fans who were baying for his head at Forest Green when he gets 4,000 at away game going at him never mind Elland Road.If I were a player it would not entice me to join United unless nobody else wanted me,Cellino has got himself a yes man.His last record at Forest Green at conference level 7 defeats in 8 games.Everything at the moment at the club is about the cheapness it is even said he is thinking of doing away with Thorpe Arch and that was the jewel in our crown years ago what happens if a miracle happens and we got got promoted and have no training ground.And no I have not been to the pub yet.The bookies have us at 5/1 to be relegated and the bookies are not usually far from been wrong.The one thing that I am glad about is I have NOT renewed my season ticket I hope those of you who have get some value for money but somehow I doubt it.
- lufc1304
- Superstar

- Posts: 14816
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
- Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
- Location: Lisburn, N.I
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
I thought BMD was a good appointment at the time, got that one wrong
I think cockaday is a dreadfully poor appointment, let's hope I'm consistent!!
I think cockaday is a dreadfully poor appointment, let's hope I'm consistent!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Head Coach LUFC
He said he had to earn our respect and we had to earn his.Gurj wrote:
I think that got all mixed up to be fair. I am sure Hockaday said " He had to earn their respect "
With the astonishing support that we keep showing despite 20 years of gloom, how dare he say we have to prove ourselves to him? He is as arrogant as Clough, but at least Clough had something to be arrogant about.
Off to a bad start.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.