Summer Transfer Rumours

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Locked
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4456
Joined: Wed Dec 20, 2006 5:41 pm
Twitter: @EirikOstrem
Location: A place you cant afford to live

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by MeeTa »

ldsutd wrote:Twitter is alive with Adryan rumour's coming to Leeds. No one knows the truth regarding who is current contract is actually with lol. This ones a weird one that's for sure but if Massimo pulls this off he looks like the sort of player that could bring us a little magic.

would love this if we got him. Though thought he was in contract with Flamengo, and on loan to Cagliari?
Image
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by 1964white »

MeeTa wrote:
would love this if we got him. Though thought he was in contract with Flamengo, and on loan to Cagliari?
And this....

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j& ... 2k&cad=rja
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Twiggster »

MeeTa wrote:
would love this if we got him. Though thought he was in contract with Flamengo, and on loan to Cagliari?
And this is why I'm worried about this, Meeta. I hope ALL the legalities regarding contracts and nationality are sorted and given official FA/FL/UEFA/FIFA approval, before we dive in head first.
This is LUFC. Looking hypothetically ahead to next May and we could be in a promotion position ( :mrgreen: ), I could see us getting 15 points deducted for having signed an illegal player or summat! It's LUFC - if it can screw up, it WILL!
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by weasel »

A lot of south american contracts are weird with agents actually owning the 'player rights' and clubs simply loaning them and having 'registration rights' as such and paying the agent rather than a club. This was the case with Tevez and was the reason why West Ham were fined as it was seen as third party ownership and also a huge part of the reason why he was able to go direct from Man U to Man C as there was no transfer as such between the clubs. When he left West Ham to go to Man U the transfer fee was £20m although West Ham only received £2m to release him from his registration rights.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by ldsutd »

he looks a bit like Elijah Wood. Could he be the new baby faced assassin? I cant believe we are even being linked to young talent like this, even if we don't get him its exciting being a Leeds fan at the moment. :scarf1:
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Twiggster »

weasel wrote:A lot of south american contracts are weird with agents actually owning the 'player rights' and clubs simply loaning them and having 'registration rights' as such and paying the agent rather than a club. This was the case with Tevez and was the reason why West Ham were fined as it was seen as third party ownership and also a huge part of the reason why he was able to go direct from Man U to Man C as there was no transfer as such between the clubs. When he left West Ham to go to Man U the transfer fee was £20m although West Ham only received £2m to release him from his registration rights.
My above point prezakkerly, Weasely One....posted whilst you were posting, from the time shown :)
User avatar
Twiggster
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 23104
Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
Location: near København, DK
Contact:

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Twiggster »

Simon Austin ‏@sport_simon
MC has got back to me on Adryan. Just says "it's very difficult". Read into that what you will.

As feared.....
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by weasel »

After West Ham were fined around £5m the 'third party' ownership rules were changed but don't really know the ins and outs as to how easy it is to sign someone this way.

I think Man U were offered the chance to buy Tevez's full rights for around £25m and they didn't want to which is how City then got him and as such I think at that point Tevez then become a normal player in the sense of the club 'owning' the player and when he left City got the transfer fee. Of course when Man U signed him with him still being third party owned it was perfectly okay for the FA.....
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by mav »

weasel wrote:After West Ham were fined around £5m the 'third party' ownership rules were changed but don't really know the ins and outs as to how easy it is to sign someone this way.

I think Man U were offered the chance to buy Tevez's full rights for around £25m and they didn't want to which is how City then got him and as such I think at that point Tevez then become a normal player in the sense of the club 'owning' the player and when he left City got the transfer fee. Of course when Man U signed him with him still being third party owned it was perfectly okay for the FA.....

I thought Wet Sham got done because they never said he was 3rd party owned?
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
User avatar
barryanorak
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3191
Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 7:45 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by barryanorak »

Post moved...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

jack_gc
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by jack_gc »

Adam Pope ‏@APOPEY 3h

#lufc Expecting another busy week in the transfer market. So many names mentioned but no one confirmed as MC says he wants 5 or 6 more in.

5 or 6 more signings? on top of the 7 new faces that have already come in (off the top of my head). Must be some players heading out the door soon too.
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3048
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:20 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Drs.Dad »

I see that even reports in the Italian football media have Adryan as being on the plane for a medical at Leeds today! He was wanted by scum only two years ago, is only 19 now....... could be a great acquisition if it comes off!
:tup:
Image
User avatar
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1948
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:32 pm

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by theleedsmango »

Drs.Dad wrote:I see that even reports in the Italian football media have Adryan as being on the plane for a medical at Leeds today! He was wanted by scum only two years ago, is only 19 now....... could be a great acquisition if it comes off!
:tup:
Hmmmm scum were after him eh? That at least puts him on an equal footing with Wootton, Ajose and Stewart. Get him in!
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Brader
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Brader »

Could explain kenny being let go ? he was rumoured to be our highest wage at 20K (after mccormack has now left).
ldsutd
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1127
Joined: Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:42 am
Location: LEEDS

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by ldsutd »

I think there will be a fair few of our current squad going out on loan come September.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14632
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by hector »

that is if we can "persuade" any bugger to take em.... :mrgreen:
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:that is if we can "persuade" any bugger to take em.... :mrgreen:
Indeed Hector......Warnock & McDermott have alot to answer for !
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Gandalf »

Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP · 2m
Have had contact from Mirco Antenucci's camp tonight. They say that he is "very, very close" to joining Leeds. #lufc

Emanuele Giulianelli ‏@EmaGiulianelli 1m
+++ Tomorrow the deal for Antenucci will be closed and he will be a Leeds player. #lufc
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by Norm »

It's the first time I've looked at this thread for a little while.
I had to pinch myself after reading some of the previous pages.
Am I the only one a little unnerved by some of the rumoured (hell, more than rumoured to read it) influx of quality players.
I suppose after years of austerity, crap ownership and even crappier management (the promotion from L1 being the exception of course) our expectations have been somewhat neutered. After our 3 good signings last week I never expected more, but on he goes and surprises us again. I hope not to hear anyone else bleat about him not putting his money where his mouth is. The man's obviously respected throughout much of the football world and not just for his money. I suspect he's liked by the professionals and can only thank providence for MC's interest in us. I think he really wants to awake the sleeping giant! He's nobody's fool and he has ambition for Leeds and, by extension, for us.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Summer Transfer Rumours

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote:It's the first time I've looked at this thread for a little while.
I had to pinch myself after reading some of the previous pages.
Am I the only one a little unnerved by some of the rumoured (hell, more than rumoured to read it) influx of quality players.
I suppose after years of austerity, crap ownership and even crappier management (the promotion from L1 being the exception of course) our expectations have been somewhat neutered. After our 3 good signings last week I never expected more, but on he goes and surprises us again. I hope not to hear anyone else bleat about him not putting his money where his mouth is. The man's obviously respected throughout much of the football world and not just for his money. I suspect he's liked by the professionals and can only thank providence for MC's interest in us. I think he really wants to awake the sleeping giant! He's nobody's fool and he has ambition for Leeds and, by extension, for us.
Another cracking post Norm

To the doubters - "And now you're gonna believe us we're gonna win the....." :sing:
Locked