1964white wrote:I reckon employing Hock was part of Cellino's cunning plan with the knowledge that his tenure as LUFC head coach would be short-lived. MC didn't want a manager during the transfer window, someone who would be looking to bring in his own players.
I suspect the new manager/coach will be installed on the 1st September once the transfer window is shut !
As for the new man at the helm I reckon he will be an Italian coach which is logical I suppose !
On that theory, whoever comes in will be fired at the end of December.
I have seen lots of these "cunning plan" theories, all more complex than the natural reason - Cellino is shite at picking coaches. Always was at Cagliari, why would he be better now?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Phil Hay @PhilHayYEP
Possible runners and riders - Eamonn Dolan, Gary McAllister, Gianluca Festa, Rolando Maran, Ivo Pulga. But your guess is as good as mine.
Unfortunately, Dolan's name was being taken seriously by the bookies, after the Watford defeat! Tho Gary Mac has attended most of our games recently, including the Dundee friendly and was ay Bradford last night last night.
Feel for The Hock, was never qualified to do this job yet our mad owner, president, chairman or whatever title he wants to be couldn't see what everyone else could !!
Happy he has gone. Didnt think he was up to the job in the first place. However, not happy he was given the chance by MC in the first place. No proven record as a manager at this level, obviously not the fans favorite, it was doomed from the start. Absolute waste of pre season and start of a season. I do blame MC for that, to be fair to Hock he never stood a chance what with the fans views on him.
Hope he gets someone in now with proven track record at a similar level, not necessarily from this league but someone who can come in and maybe try put some good football together and wont take sh*t from anyone.
For me, Steve Clarke, Tim Sherwood. Thought they were both unfairly sacked from there posts. Mackay would have been but considering he is a raving sexist racist man may not be the best choice!! Or....someone similar to Martinez who can bring the 'European' style to Elland Road.
If we wanted to be really ambitious Di Matteo may be a good choice.
Chances are it will be Festa though or some other Italian manager. However they may be best for the club and the long term, if MC knows what long term is.
As I said in another .thread, I believe Cellino stated he would hire a British (or even English) coach to pander to those fans who were suspicious about such a big foreign input to the club. Fair enough, but why Hockaday I will never understand! Now he can go ahead and hire an Italian coach as he probably wanted to do in the first place. Okay Massimo, now lets get the REAL show back on the road!
Forza Leeds!
Drs.Dad wrote:As I said in another .thread, I believe Cellino stated he would hire a British (or even English) coach to pander to those fans who were suspicious about such a big foreign input to the club. Fair enough, but why Hockaday I will never understand! Now he can go ahead and hire an Italian coach as he probably wanted to do in the first place. Okay Massimo, now lets get the REAL show back on the road!
Forza Leeds!
My thoughts entirely.....get ready for the Italian job
Well now we have been landed with aload of players the new coach would not want to late to bring in any players he may want once again another major c**k up from someone who does not understand the British game.
eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Well now we have been landed with aload of players the new coach would not want to late to bring in any players he may want once again another major c**k up from someone who does not understand the British game.
You don't get it do you mate? Cellino picks the players - the coach/manager gets them fit and decides tactics (or in fukaday's case "tictacs") - end of...as goneaway would say..."it is what it is"