You know sweet F.A.Wolfetoneleeds wrote: You'll hate it when leeds start to turn it around...
I just know it you'll be loving it on here it we failed..
New Manager / Coach Rumours
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
I know I know..
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
You cannot believe how desperate some of us old-timers who saw the Revie team are to see Leeds back where we ought to be.
But we have been around long enough for (most of us) to know that to achieve success you need a top-class manager / coach, someone who has a strategy and who builds the team that he needs to fulfil that strategy.
The Don did that with someone seen as an old has-been, Bobby Collins, a centre-half written off by everybody, Jack Charlton, and an incredibly talented group of youngsters, supplemented with key buys (Johnny Giles, Mick Jones, Allan Clarke)
Wilko did it with someone seen as being past his best, Gordon Strachan, some judicious buys of players seen as just past their peak (Mel Sterland, Chris Fairclough, Chris Whyte, Lee Chapman), some prodigious youth (David Batty, Gary Speed) and the tactical buy (Vinnie Jones) who after promotion was replaced by the more creative Gary McAllister.
The key thing is that they both had a vision and both had the time to implement what was needed to fulfil that vision.
Now we have an owner (or should I say Mr. President) who thinks he is playing some godawful computer game, appoints the cheapest coach he can find and fires them months later - that was what he did at Cagliari, that is what he did with Hockaday. We will never get success that way. Never.
This is not me wanting my beloved club to fail, this is me venting my disgust at the way we get treated by owners like Bates, GFH and Cellino who see us as a plaything.
But we have been around long enough for (most of us) to know that to achieve success you need a top-class manager / coach, someone who has a strategy and who builds the team that he needs to fulfil that strategy.
The Don did that with someone seen as an old has-been, Bobby Collins, a centre-half written off by everybody, Jack Charlton, and an incredibly talented group of youngsters, supplemented with key buys (Johnny Giles, Mick Jones, Allan Clarke)
Wilko did it with someone seen as being past his best, Gordon Strachan, some judicious buys of players seen as just past their peak (Mel Sterland, Chris Fairclough, Chris Whyte, Lee Chapman), some prodigious youth (David Batty, Gary Speed) and the tactical buy (Vinnie Jones) who after promotion was replaced by the more creative Gary McAllister.
The key thing is that they both had a vision and both had the time to implement what was needed to fulfil that vision.
Now we have an owner (or should I say Mr. President) who thinks he is playing some godawful computer game, appoints the cheapest coach he can find and fires them months later - that was what he did at Cagliari, that is what he did with Hockaday. We will never get success that way. Never.
This is not me wanting my beloved club to fail, this is me venting my disgust at the way we get treated by owners like Bates, GFH and Cellino who see us as a plaything.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
Getting better though fella...
Al forward £50 on to you of we don't reack top 10 this year!!
Al forward £50 on to you of we don't reack top 10 this year!!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
Thank god us hardcore fans have put their hard earned cash into the club or else we'd have been in total meltdown by now....where are the 250,000 fans who applied for the Watford play-off final ticketsWolfetoneleeds wrote: You'll hate it when leeds start to turn it around...
I just know it you'll be loving it on here it we failed..
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
It's coming along 64...
I'm more optimistic now than for along time!!
Now hockaday gone get someone to really work with these kids, play them how they need to be. It will happen!!!
I'm more optimistic now than for along time!!
Now hockaday gone get someone to really work with these kids, play them how they need to be. It will happen!!!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155415
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
It certainly is WolfieWolfetoneleeds wrote:It's coming along 64...
I'm more optimistic now than for along time!!
Now hockaday gone get someone to really work with these kids, play them how they need to be. It will happen!!!
Are you off to Birmingham ?
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
My prediction before the season was a 10th place finish. And no, I wouldn't take your money mate, you need it to keep following the lads.Wolfetoneleeds wrote:Getting better though fella...
Al forward £50 on to you of we don't reack top 10 this year!!
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
Glad you declined the offer ;)1964white wrote:
It certainly is Wolfiegood atmosphere at ER on Saturday
Are you off to Birmingham ?
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
Can't make birmingham... Talking to a mate suppose to be going done to Bournemouth for a few nights for it..1964white wrote:
It certainly is Wolfiegood atmosphere at ER on Saturday
Are you off to Birmingham ?
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
I'm guessing you'll be making the trip down/up1964white wrote:
It certainly is Wolfiegood atmosphere at ER on Saturday
Are you off to Birmingham ?
-
andywatson
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
Twiggs proving that even a broken clock is right twice a day!Twiggster wrote:lots of ITK on Twitter, that Beppe Sannino has been approached by us,,,,
This was reported on BBC 5 live earlier. Then again the BBC report might have fuelled Twitter, or vice versa.
Wolfie/GW you are both on the same side here- and actually both saying the same thing is needed- a decent coach. The only difference is your optimism in how likely it is to happen. How about Marching on Together?
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
- Wolfetoneleeds
- Manager

- Posts: 2580
- Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:17 pm
- Location: Leeds
New Manager / Coach Rumours
Haha I know mate... Ahh I'm not really having a go at gw.. Was more a tongue in cheek comment...andywatson wrote:
Twiggs proving that even a broken clock is right twice a day!![]()
This was reported on BBC 5 live earlier. Then again the BBC report might have fuelled Twitter, or vice versa.
Wolfie/GW you are both on the same side here- and actually both saying the same thing is needed- a decent coach. The only difference is your optimism in how likely it is to happen. How about Marching on Together?
We fwiends really
- Martyn
- Superstar

- Posts: 10635
- Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 10:47 am
- Twitter: @MartynStead
- Location: and Momentum both uncertain
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
I have no problem with Wolfie at all, he has the optimism of the young, and that is a great thing.andywatson wrote:
Twiggs proving that even a broken clock is right twice a day!![]()
This was reported on BBC 5 live earlier. Then again the BBC report might have fuelled Twitter, or vice versa.
Wolfie/GW you are both on the same side here- and actually both saying the same thing is needed- a decent coach. The only difference is your optimism in how likely it is to happen. How about Marching on Together?
More worrying is when older posters fall for it, then it is gullibility rather than hopefulness.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
I can't get 5Live over hereandywatson wrote:
Twiggs proving that even a broken clock is right twice a day!![]()
This was reported on BBC 5 live earlier. Then again the BBC report might have fuelled Twitter, or vice versa.
And I only have digital remote controlled clocks in my home.
-
andywatson
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 490
- Joined: Sat Jan 29, 2005 7:18 pm
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
That was also done tongue in cheek- I hoped the smiley (used properly!) conveyed that.
I was simply adding some weight to your twitter report.
I was simply adding some weight to your twitter report.
Wise.......well lets just say I TOLD YOU SO
- Twiggster
- MOT Legend

- Posts: 23104
- Joined: Thu May 22, 2003 2:31 pm
- Location: near København, DK
- Contact:
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
OOOH - YOU fat bastid :hahaha:andywatson wrote:
I was simply adding some weight to your twitter report.
-
eastyorkshirewhite
- First Team

- Posts: 2057
- Joined: Sun May 02, 2010 10:47 am
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
Leeds may have a big stadium they may have facilities as well the reason sky show us that the pubs who pay a lot of money for sky do get big customers in when Leeds are on but then they are in the pub not at Elland Road,and it is the pubs who pay the most for sky and at the end of the day we are not in the premiership and I agree it will be a lot of years before they are.1964white wrote:
We have a 40k stadium, a massive fanbase & all the facilities in place for us to be a prem club, it's just that little matter of achieving promotion, it may never happen in my lifetime but i have more hope now than i've had in last ten years.
If we are not a big club....why have Sky persisted in showing Leeds United on their TV station more so than most clubs at our level over the years ? the reason being the can maximise viewing figures because of our worldwide fanbase !
I know many fans who follow prem teams & i've lost count how many have said they want Leeds United back in the premiership, we are a massive draw
- Gino 1959
- Superstar

- Posts: 11810
- Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:31 pm
- Location: Na Saoirsí (Baile átha Cliath)
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
I reckon that I'll be drawing my state pension before we are in the Prem again.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.
-
scuudz
- Reserve Player

- Posts: 307
- Joined: Mon May 17, 2010 10:47 pm
Re: New Manager / Coach Rumours
Although I am optimistic about our chances of doing well this season with the squad we've got now, I think it is fair to say that the most important signing of the summer is yet to be made. The next manager/head coach will be critical to our success.
The concern I have is that any well-reputed British coach is unlikely to want the Leeds job simply because of the restrictions placed on him by MC. I hope I'm wrong, but I cannot see how a Steve Clarke, Tim Sherwood or Tony Pulis would be ok working under MC when a lot of the decision-making is taken out of their hands. Then, you are left with either Italian managers (Maran, Sannino, Festa etc.) or lesser known British managers (Cooper etc.). Arguably, the Italian managers would know what Cellino is like, and what to expect when they take the job. The lesser known Brits would basically be like another Hock - eternally grateful for the chance to 'manage' a big club like Leeds and wouldn't butt heads with MC.
If it were up to me, my #1 choice would be Steve Clarke. Ideally, MC would take a bit of a back seat now that the transfer window has closed, and let the new coach take it from here, but that is probably wishful thinking. I think Redders would do a great job as head coach too, and he already knows the club and the players. However, I think he is way more important to the club as the academy manager and from all the reports, that is where his passion lies anyway.
Also, as another poster on the forum said, if Redders takes the head coach job and things don't go well, we risk losing him completely, which would be a disaster.
Looking at all the odds, rumours and reports, my choices (in order of preference) would be Clarke, Grayson and then Redfearn. Oscar Garcia's name was mentioned as being MC's #1 choice, but he has just been named as Watford's new boss. I honestly would have picked Clarke over him anyway.
The concern I have is that any well-reputed British coach is unlikely to want the Leeds job simply because of the restrictions placed on him by MC. I hope I'm wrong, but I cannot see how a Steve Clarke, Tim Sherwood or Tony Pulis would be ok working under MC when a lot of the decision-making is taken out of their hands. Then, you are left with either Italian managers (Maran, Sannino, Festa etc.) or lesser known British managers (Cooper etc.). Arguably, the Italian managers would know what Cellino is like, and what to expect when they take the job. The lesser known Brits would basically be like another Hock - eternally grateful for the chance to 'manage' a big club like Leeds and wouldn't butt heads with MC.
If it were up to me, my #1 choice would be Steve Clarke. Ideally, MC would take a bit of a back seat now that the transfer window has closed, and let the new coach take it from here, but that is probably wishful thinking. I think Redders would do a great job as head coach too, and he already knows the club and the players. However, I think he is way more important to the club as the academy manager and from all the reports, that is where his passion lies anyway.
Also, as another poster on the forum said, if Redders takes the head coach job and things don't go well, we risk losing him completely, which would be a disaster.
Looking at all the odds, rumours and reports, my choices (in order of preference) would be Clarke, Grayson and then Redfearn. Oscar Garcia's name was mentioned as being MC's #1 choice, but he has just been named as Watford's new boss. I honestly would have picked Clarke over him anyway.