Cecil the Lion...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Cecil the Lion...

Post by 1964white »

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33699346

The rich dentist is full of remorse apparently :roll: probably concerned about the effect of his actions on his business & affluent lifestyle. Walter Palmer & his accomplishes deserves the same treatment as they handed out to Cecil.
Bow & arrow in the leg sufference would soon stop killers of wildlife
Drs.Dad
Manager
Manager

Re: Cecil the Lion...

Post by Drs.Dad »

1964white wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-33699346

The rich dentist is full of remorse apparently :roll: probably concerned about the effect of his actions on his business & affluent lifestyle. Walter Palmer & his accomplishes deserves the same treatment as they handed out to Cecil.
Bow & arrow in the leg sufference would soon stop killers of wildlife

Who is the 'animal' here? This is disgusting! He not only put this majestic creature through 40 hours of pain before finally killing it, but will inevitably be responsible for the death of 6 lion cubs when a new male takes over the pride. Jail time is too good for this man, who already has a record. I hope there are other dental practices where he lives so that all his patients can desert him without losing dental cover.
:evil: :evil: :evil:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Hunting for sport/pleasure = just plain wrong
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

I'm glad Walter Palmer has been deluged with hate mail for the killing of Cecil the prized lion. Not only has he killed this magnificent animal but also he's killed leopard, white rhino, moose & big horn sheep.
Most of these animals are endangered creatures. How he ever got a permit to commit these killings one wonders but of course money talks !! I hope he is jailed, his business goes down the pan & someone shoots him with a bow & arrow which leaves him in agony for forty hours :chair: :x
gessa

Post by gessa »

I don't buy his story at all, he has previous as a few have said above.
When I saw the news report last night, they said it could have a massive negative impact on the whole eco system of the national park.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

The family nature of this site precludes me from saying exactly what I think of Walter Palmer. Suffice to say, I'd happily hunt this (insert your own term of endearment!) with a bow and arrow, and see how much of a thrill he gets from that. £35K paid to slaughter magnificent creatures who would tear him limb from limb but for the fact that he's armed and probably aboard a large 4x4 for added protection. Sincerely hope all right-minded patients of his boycott the practice and put him out of business. Utter scum!! :x
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

All I can say is that if I ever met Walter Palmer he'd be the one needing a good dentist! :evil:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Mrs64 wrote:I'm glad Walter Palmer has been deluged with hate mail for the killing of Cecil the prized lion. Not only has he killed this magnificent animal but also he's killed leopard, white rhino, moose & big horn sheep.
Most of these animals are endangered creatures. How he ever got a permit to commit these killings one wonders but of course money talks !! I hope he is jailed, his business goes down the pan & someone shoots him with a bow & arrow which leaves him in agony for forty hours :chair: :x
Been pondering this one as to how best to vent my anger at this despicable creature...you have just summed it up perfectly for me Mrs64
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Utterly ashamed to be one of the 300 million who call this worthless excuse for a human being my countryman.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Not a fan of Witch hunts, it is all OTT for me.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mav wrote:Not a fan of Witch hunts, it is all OTT for me.
Do you want all wildlife to become extinct because of these trophy hunters

I see the coward is in hiding, now he knows what it's like to be hunted & have his life threatened. Serves him right, i have know sympathy for whatsoever. Hope he enjoys hell !
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

I see he has written a letter to all his valued patients.

To my valued patients: As you may have already heard, I have been in the news over the last few days for reasons that have nothing to do with my profession or the care I provide for you. I want you to know of this situation and my involvement In addition to spending time with my family, one of my passions outside dentistry is hunting. I've been a life-long hunter since I was a child growing up in North Dakota. I don't often talk about hunting with my patients because it can be a divisive and emotionally charged topic. I understand and respect that not everyone shares the same views on hunting.

In early July, I was in Zimbabwe on a bow hunting trip for big game. I hired several professional guides and they secured all proper permits. To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted. I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt. I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have.

Again, I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion. That was never my intention. The media interest in this matter – along with a substantial number of comments and calls from people who are angered by this situation and by the practice of hunting in general – has disrupted our business and our ability to see our patients. For that disruption, I apologize profoundly for this inconvenience and promise you that we will do our best to resume normal operations as soon as possible. We are working to have patients with immediate needs referred to other dentists and will keep you informed of any additional developments. On behalf of all of us at River Bluff Dental, thank you for your support.

Sincerely, Walter J. Palmer, DDS River Bluff Dental"

In the comments section someone has translated it to:-

In case any Dodo readers don't speak a$$hole, allow me to translate:

"I didn't mean to kill this lion by luring it out with food. I meant to kill another, different lion by luring it out with food.I had no idea it was collared, except for the time I aimed my bow at it, the time my guides aimed their guns at it, and the time it took for us to sever its head from its body. Really, with all the blood, it was quite easy to overlook. I participate in hunting legally, except for the time I illegally killed a black bear, lied about it, pled guilty about lying about it, and was fined $3000. We will do our best to reopen our practice, so I can continue to bill you in an effort to fund the senseless slaughter of threatened species so I can have a trophy on my wall, and to compensate for the fact that there is such a significant hole in my soul, my manhood, and my life that it can only be filled by killing animals for no purpose. I'll end this letter with "sincerely", but the only thing that's sincere is that I sincerely wish I hadn't been caught".

Dreadful man, I hope all his valued patients go elsewhere :evil: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Well I don't think this can be too OTT. I don't know why someone would think it's ok to kill endangered species, or hunt animals for pleasure at all. It shows a mental defect

"Any artistic decision which is based on whether or not you're going to make money isn't an artistic decision, it's a business decision"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:I see he has written a letter to all his valued patients.

To my valued patients: As you may have already heard, I have been in the news over the last few days for reasons that have nothing to do with my profession or the care I provide for you. I want you to know of this situation and my involvement In addition to spending time with my family, one of my passions outside dentistry is hunting. I've been a life-long hunter since I was a child growing up in North Dakota. I don't often talk about hunting with my patients because it can be a divisive and emotionally charged topic. I understand and respect that not everyone shares the same views on hunting.

In early July, I was in Zimbabwe on a bow hunting trip for big game. I hired several professional guides and they secured all proper permits. To my knowledge, everything about this trip was legal and properly handled and conducted. I had no idea that the lion I took was a known, local favorite, was collared and part of a study until the end of the hunt. I relied on the expertise of my local professional guides to ensure a legal hunt. I have not been contacted by authorities in Zimbabwe or in the U.S. about this situation, but will assist them in any inquiries they may have.

Again, I deeply regret that my pursuit of an activity I love and practice responsibly and legally resulted in the taking of this lion. That was never my intention. The media interest in this matter – along with a substantial number of comments and calls from people who are angered by this situation and by the practice of hunting in general – has disrupted our business and our ability to see our patients. For that disruption, I apologize profoundly for this inconvenience and promise you that we will do our best to resume normal operations as soon as possible. We are working to have patients with immediate needs referred to other dentists and will keep you informed of any additional developments. On behalf of all of us at River Bluff Dental, thank you for your support.

Sincerely, Walter J. Palmer, DDS River Bluff Dental"

In the comments section someone has translated it to:-

In case any Dodo readers don't speak a$$hole, allow me to translate:

"I didn't mean to kill this lion by luring it out with food. I meant to kill another, different lion by luring it out with food.I had no idea it was collared, except for the time I aimed my bow at it, the time my guides aimed their guns at it, and the time it took for us to sever its head from its body. Really, with all the blood, it was quite easy to overlook. I participate in hunting legally, except for the time I illegally killed a black bear, lied about it, pled guilty about lying about it, and was fined $3000. We will do our best to reopen our practice, so I can continue to bill you in an effort to fund the senseless slaughter of threatened species so I can have a trophy on my wall, and to compensate for the fact that there is such a significant hole in my soul, my manhood, and my life that it can only be filled by killing animals for no purpose. I'll end this letter with "sincerely", but the only thing that's sincere is that I sincerely wish I hadn't been caught".

Dreadful man, I hope all his valued patients go elsewhere :evil: :bear:
All he is concerned about is his livelihood & lifestyle
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Awesome post Bechio Bear. This utter scumbag is trying to defend himself by saying he would happily kill any other Lion? Unbelievable! He is deserving everything he ie getting!
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BB: Outstanding. Thanks so much for sharing. I will share it, too.
essexwhite
First Team
First Team

Post by essexwhite »

He needs to be put out with the lions and theyl sort him,,,ba***rd!!
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

He's an absolute knob, something everyone agrees on. But the level of press and outrage over this is astounding. Half the people ranting about how an awful man he is, couldn't give less of a toss about proper world issues, screw terror, screw hunger etc but a man killing a big cat, that gets everyone's attention. meh
cat in the hat
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by cat in the hat »

As much as any fool hunting for any other reason than to survive is a disgrace I do think this whole episode has gone way OTT now. Their even talking about deporting him ffs.

Still, to put things into perspective, this makes you think, well it does me.

Image[/url]

Sorry about the border, I can't seem to be able to re-size it. Still, you get the drift, I hope?
Im dyslexic, get over it!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Sorry Catman, you can't argue that one shouldn't get angry about one bad thing happening because worse things are also happening.

Lots of people are trying to do things about poverty, it's not being ignored but it is a huge problem that cannot easily be solved and will take a long time if it ever is even solved.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.