Something i've noticed.....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Something i've noticed.....

Post by 1964white »

French citizens particularly their younger generation are more articulate & speak better fluent English than British people in general

No "you know what i mean"/"like" in their conversations :oops:
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Re: Something i've noticed.....

Post by TwatsBack »

1964white wrote:French citizens particularly their younger generation are more articulate & speak better fluent English than British people in general

No "you know what i mean"/"like" in their conversations :oops:
Isn't that the case of the majority of foreign students of the English language? Surely foreigners learn the correct way and the "slang" doesn't come untill they are well advanced in their learning?

My wife has Welsh relatives and their first language is Welsh. Some of them actually struggle to remember the English equivelant for some Welsh words. They all speak without the nuances we have come used to.
Yup, it's me.
hector

Post by hector »

Urm is it coz Errr they wants to be more British than us innit?

Know what I mean like??
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Post by TwatsBack »

innit bled
Yup, it's me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote:Urm is it coz Errr they wants to be more British than us innit?

Know what I mean like??
:roflmao:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

TwatsBack wrote: Isn't that the case of the majority of foreign students of the English language? Surely foreigners learn the correct way and the "slang" doesn't come untill they are well advanced in their learning?

My wife has Welsh relatives and their first language is Welsh. Some of them actually struggle to remember the English equivelant for some Welsh words. They all speak without the nuances we have come used to.

Indeed :tup: we also have so many varying accents in the UK, seems we all speak a different language !

I love accents though :-D