TV fixtures/Boro'

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @armleywhite

Re: TV fixtures/Fans boycotting Hillsborough

Post by TwatsBack »

Apparently I will recieve the FULL sky package FOR FREE. According to them it equates to approx 13,000 quid a year. Not a bad little perk eh? :)
Yup, it's me.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

TwatsBack wrote:Apparently I will recieve the FULL sky package FOR FREE. According to them it equates to approx 13,000 quid a year. Not a bad little perk eh? :)
Sky won't get any of my dosh :lol:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Apparently MK Dons are charging Hull fans £12 & a £1 for under 18's :shock:

How much did they charge our 6,000 fans :roll:
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TwatsBack »

1964white wrote:
Nor mine. Actually, I'm not working for Sky, but Sky bet wich is 80% owned by another company, CVC holding. So I'm only 20% selling my soul :)
Yup, it's me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ah Pakistan v England on my phone :-D
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
Don't you mean 1,300 quid a year? I know sky is expensive but that would be ridiculous :P :bear:

Oops did a misquote, was supposed to be Twatsback's 13,000 quid a year for the full sky package comment :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote:
Don't you mean 1,300 quid a year? I know sky is expensive but that would be ridiculous :P :bear:

Oops did a misquote, was supposed to be Twatsback's 13,000 quid a year for the full sky package comment :lol: :bear:
Have you got your knickers in a twist young lady :lol:
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Away game versus Sheff Wed on Jan 16th to kick off at 12.30 for Live TV Coverage on Sky TV.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TwatsBack »

1964white wrote:
Have you got your knickers in a twist young lady :lol:
:shock: :shock: She wears knickers??

:wink: :lol: :lol:
Yup, it's me.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Absolutely bloody scandalous. A Monday evening game in BRIGHTON. The FL are taking the piss letting Sky get away with that...

Just look at the fixtures they could have moved to the Monday. A Yorkshire derby? Nah, we'll give Leeds fans a 500 mile round trip!

Apparently the last train back to Leeds departs 15 minutes after full time... I suggest that this would be the one to boycott!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote:Image

Absolutely bloody scandalous. A Monday evening game in BRIGHTON. The FL are taking the piss letting Sky get away with that...

Apparently the last train back to Leeds departs 15 minutes after full time... I suggest that this would be the one to boycott!
Bugger we were looking forward to do a weekend away in Brighton/Eastbourne area with the Griffin Branch of LU Supporters Club where we could take our wives

That's down the pan now :(

What with Ipswich, Cardiff & possibly Brentford (pending on FA Cup results) all night games + Sheff Wed charging £50+ for ticket....us travelling fans are getting a raw deal

Sky are killing football & supporters clubs as we are running half-full coaches without the necessary revenue

SKY TV is s*it.....hoping their company goes pear-shape one day. Match-going Leeds fans hate them :x

An absolute joke !
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

If the Football League don't stand up to them we've no chance though. At least the money going into the Premiership is split between the clubs, I have a feeling that the FL pocket a fair amount...

There's also the beamback issue. The FL presumably get money out of the fans paying to watch the game at their home stadiums, whereas they won't pick up anything from Brighton's ticket sales, so it's beneficial to them to have more fans pack in to watch it in Leeds.
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

1964white wrote:
Bugger we were looking forward to do a weekend away in Brighton/Eastbourne area with the Griffin Branch of LU Supporters Club where we could take our wives

That's down the pan now :(

What with Ipswich, Cardiff & possibly Brentford (pending on FA Cup results) all night games + Sheff Wed charging £50+ for ticket....us travelling fans are getting a raw deal

Sky are killing football & supporters clubs as we are running half-full coaches without the necessary revenue

SKY TV is s*it.....hoping their company goes pear-shape one day. Match-going Leeds fans hate them :x

An absolute joke !
I am afraid you will just have to get used to it Sky will become stronger as time goes on clubs cant afford not to have them.It is just not the way fans who suffer lot of home fans cant make the rearranged dates either
1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote: I am afraid you will just have to get used to it Sky will become stronger as time goes on clubs cant afford not to have them.It is just not the way fans who suffer lot of home fans cant make the rearranged dates either
I know mate, i'm just thoroughly p*ssed off with them atm

Why have they made Derby v Wolves a Saturday lunchtime kick-off but are sending Leeds fans all the way down to Brighton on a Monday night which is ludicrous ? should of been the other way round, makes no sense from the brain-dead match controllers at Sky.

I hope that Radebe character doesn't come on here defending Sky's antics or else i'll feel like chucking my laptop down the garden i'm so incensed & dismayed !
TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by TwatsBack »

becchio bear wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: aye 1300.
Yup, it's me.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

We were looking at train tickets only last week for Brighton as they'd just gone on sale at the cheap prices, glad we didn't take the plunge and buy them. I'm certain that since Brighton moved to the Amex stadium all our games have been on Sky on Friday nights. Absolutely NO consideration for supporters.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rich_leeds64 wrote:We were looking at train tickets only last week for Brighton as they'd just gone on sale at the cheap prices, glad we didn't take the plunge and buy them. I'm certain that since Brighton moved to the Amex stadium all our games have been on Sky on Friday nights. Absolutely NO consideration for supporters.
The very fans who put their monies into LUFC & we are herded around like cattle :(

If i thought it was a worthwhile exercise to lodge a campaign against Sky to encourage Leeds fans to cancel their subscriptions i would, unfortunately a pointless exercise as the majority of football fans prefer to sit in the comforts of their homes rather than get off their backsides & support their clubs (how we use to do years ago) which is exactly what Sky want !

Hope to hear the Sky song from the Leeds fans at Wolves & Brighton.....turn your mikes down Sky & make out everything is rosey in football
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:If i thought it was a worthwhile exercise to lodge a campaign against Sky to encourage Leeds fans to cancel their subscriptions i would, unfortunately a pointless exercise as the majority of football fans prefer to sit in the comforts of their homes rather than get off their backsides & support their clubs (how we use to do years ago) which is exactly what Sky want !
The majority of football fans can't go to games - how many Leeds fans do you think there are worldwide? How many do you think there are in Leeds? I suspect more than 40,000 so we'd struggle to get them all in Elland Road...

We've been through all this before, but for a family of 4, getting a sky subscription is probably a lot cheaper than going to the number of our games which are shown. And it's not like people get a Sky TV just to watch Leeds, either. It's a great option for some people and gives those unable to get to games (like me!) a chance to see us in action.

Would you be happier if, rather than having a subscription, people went to the pub to watch the games? It tends to be what I do (or find a stream online). You're not giving money to Sky, but you're also not putting money into the club.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Genghers wrote: The majority of football fans can't go to games - how many Leeds fans do you think there are worldwide? How many do you think there are in Leeds? I suspect more than 40,000 so we'd struggle to get them all in Elland Road...

We've been through all this before, but for a family of 4, getting a sky subscription is probably a lot cheaper than going to the number of our games which are shown. And it's not like people get a Sky TV just to watch Leeds, either. It's a great option for some people and gives those unable to get to games (like me!) a chance to see us in action.

Would you be happier if, rather than having a subscription, people went to the pub to watch the games? It tends to be what I do (or find a stream online). You're not giving money to Sky, but you're also not putting money into the club.
Your points are valid Tom. 250,000 Leeds fans applied for the Watford Play-Off Final at Cardiff, no doubt that figure has dropped since as we haven't a sniff of premiership right now. 1,000's have drifted off to support other clubs :roll:

I speak for our travelling fans & our supporters clubs who are struggling to make ends meet due to the dominance of Sky

Sky have destroyed English football at international level. They have killed football as a spectacle imo !

Now they are intent on killing the 100+ Supporters Clubs who do sterling work getting Leeds fans all around the country to watch LUFC. God knows how many will turn up for the Preston game from East Yorks, next job on the cards for me texting our members....I'll await some feeble excuses :roll:
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Genghers wrote: The majority of football fans can't go to games - how many Leeds fans do you think there are worldwide? How many do you think there are in Leeds? I suspect more than 40,000 so we'd struggle to get them all in Elland Road...

I understand that many Leeds fans can't get to games for numerous reasons but what angers me most is the fact that Sky obviously have no idea where Brighton is in relation to Leeds and the difficulties getting there and back on a Monday night. For me personally it would involve two days off work and a room for the night in Brighton.

One idea would be to have a limit on the distance between the two teams for midweek games so that fans can get to the match and home again without too much inconvenience.