QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

First competitive match of the 2016/17 campaign, still haven't a clue what this season is going to bring to the table. Also unsure what Monk feels is his best starting line-up for the early kick-off at Loftus Road. I'd take a draw !

Early start for me on Sunday, looking forward to seeing the new Leeds under Gary Monk
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14809
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by lufc1304 »

I've went 2-1 to us on the prediction thread, Leon, but I'd take a draw myself. Interesting to see what starting 11 he goes with, there's a few permutations. Is it live on Sky?
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
User avatar
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11608
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:51 am

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Gandalf »

lufc1304 wrote:Is it live on Sky?
Yes Sky Sports 1, 11.30 start
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14809
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by lufc1304 »

Cheers Gandi!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by paddy parrott »

Draw for me too , possibly lots of goals
for me I'd fancy 2-2,even 3-3 draw. Exciting start for the season eh?
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Crude »

Hard to gauge where the team is at at the moment. But seems like The Monk has them ready.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
gessa

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by gessa »

Looking at what the back 4 could well be I'm not optimistic about this one .
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by weasel »

The back 4 is the only thing worrying me about this game/season especially with Berardi being iffy with injury and Taylor set to fly the nest. Those 2 are/were the strongest components of the back 4 which was the achilles heel last season and would look set to be so again this season. The best we can hope for is that they are a bit steadier than last season and cut out the comedy goals - yes we will concede a reasonable amount but hopefully teams will have to earn their goals.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
mav
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2340
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by mav »

weasel wrote:The back 4 is the only thing worrying me about this game/season especially with Berardi being iffy with injury and Taylor set to fly the nest. Those 2 are/were the strongest components of the back 4 which was the achilles heel last season and would look set to be so again this season. The best we can hope for is that they are a bit steadier than last season and cut out the comedy goals - yes we will concede a reasonable amount but hopefully teams will have to earn their goals.

on the bright side, our forward line should dissuade teams from getting to adventurous!
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Genghers »

-----------------Green------------------
Coyle-Bartley-Bamba-Taylor
-------------Dave--Viera--------------
Dallas------Mowatt-------Roofe
-----------------Wood-------------------
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by The Subhuman »

I think so to
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Brader
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1027
Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:29 am

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Brader »

Is viera that good to be chucked in first game of the season?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5801
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 8:24 pm
Location: Newcastle

Re: RE: Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Genghers »

Brader wrote:Is viera that good to be chucked in first game of the season?
Played more than any of our other midfielders in pre-season, so he's got to be in contention. Otherwise it'll probably be Grimes I'd have thought.
User avatar
Crude
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5674
Joined: Sat Jul 22, 2006 5:43 pm
Location: 'Merica

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Crude »

Is Luke Murphy still in the side? Haven't heard his name much lately.
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
User avatar
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 872
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2005 9:09 pm
Location: Armley

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by patlufc »

Hard one to call, looks like we could score goals but not got much confidence in the centre backs. Bamba isn't really very good!!
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155181
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by 1964white »

patlufc wrote:Hard one to call, looks like we could score goals but not got much confidence in the centre backs. Bamba isn't really very good!!
We agree on that :tup:

See you at the Fulham game Pat :-D
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by danhirons »

back line weaker than last season can only be a bad sign...

I can see Monk being sacked fairly early on. No experience as a manager at this level. Really hoping he proves me wrong though!
User avatar
herefordbornleedsboy
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 561
Joined: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:42 am
Location: Hereford

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

3-1 Leeds is my prediction. Going into this season with real optimism. Although I agree we need another cb
User avatar
Oscar
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1475
Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Oscar »

danhirons wrote:
I can see Monk being sacked fairly early on.
I agree, however, this is probably for different reasons though. I am 50-50 about whether or not Monk will still be Leeds head coach by December/January, this isn't because I don't rate Garry as a head coach (I think he is a superb head coach), the problem is we could easily lose 6-7 games around November-January time, if we do this would probably see him be sacked (based on the last 2 seasons) :( .
I am hoping Cellino proves me wrong and gives Garry the time he deserves.
User avatar
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4221
Joined: Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:52 pm

Re: QPR v Leeds - Team News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by Ratscoot »

Genghers wrote:-----------------Green------------------
Coyle-Bartley-Bamba-Taylor
-------------Dave--Viera--------------
Dallas------Mowatt-------Roofe
-----------------Wood-------------------
I wouldn't be surprised to see this been the team, looks good going forward but like most I do worry about our centre backs, hoping to be proved wrong.

Thinks Mowatt needs a good start to the season or I can see him loosing his place very easily

Come On Leeds :tup: :tup: :tup:
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Post Reply