Goodgessa wrote:Alan Nixon Tweeting, Antonsson set to leave the club.
Surely if true this must mean we have someone lined up.
Fletcher? Does the fact they have signed Snoddy mean they will now let him leave.
January Transfer Window - Is this thread a waste of space ?
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.
Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: January Transfer Window ?
-
gessa
Re: January Transfer Window ?
I had high hopes the first1964white wrote:GoodI hope that info is genuine mate. One of the worst strikers I've witnessed in a white shirt in all the years I've been watching Leeds
3/4 times I'd seen him, but the last 3 times he has been awful, looked very disinterested. Think there is a player in there but not working out here.
Last edited by gessa on Mon Jan 30, 2017 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: January Transfer Window ?
West Ham were waiting for the Payet deal to go through (which it has now done so ), so they could fund Hogan transfer from Brentford. As long as that goes through and all the signs are that it will be, then Fletcher will be joining Leeds on loan till end of season.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Thing with Antonsson is I havent worked out what he's game is about ? What are he's strengths ?!
He clearly isnt a lone furrow target man but I have seen very little to show he's a jack in the box striker either, other than the last gasp cup goal he scored versus Fleetwood. He doesnt seem to have much pace, so what does he have exactly ?!
He clearly isnt a lone furrow target man but I have seen very little to show he's a jack in the box striker either, other than the last gasp cup goal he scored versus Fleetwood. He doesnt seem to have much pace, so what does he have exactly ?!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: January Transfer Window ?
I'll go on record as an Antonsson fan, he'll play well elsewhere given more than scraps to feed on...I think he's a clever striker who would thrive on playing off Hernandez. Didn't see yesterdays performance though but difficult circumstances and it shows how hard it is to play second fiddle.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Not a lot Gurj.....he runs around like a headless chicken imo, maybe he's trying too hard to impressGurj wrote:Thing with Antonsson is I havent worked out what he's game is about ? What are he's strengths ?!
He clearly isnt a lone furrow target man but I have seen very little to show he's a jack in the box striker either, other than the last gasp cup goal he scored versus Fleetwood. He doesnt seem to have much pace, so what does he have exactly ?!
- Cravex
- Ballboy

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Of the main players linked I'd like to see the following four in the door
Canos - LW/RW/AM
Wahlqvist - RB/LB/CB
Fletcher - CF
Pedraza - LW
Can't see us getting Canos if Pedraza comes in. Three of those four and we'll mean business!
Canos - LW/RW/AM
Wahlqvist - RB/LB/CB
Fletcher - CF
Pedraza - LW
Can't see us getting Canos if Pedraza comes in. Three of those four and we'll mean business!
-
gessa
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Problem for me with Fletcher is, he's potential not the finished article, which is what we need if Wood was to get injured, Fletcher goals per game isn't great reading.
- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19702
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Must admit I feel a bit sorry for Antonnsen as he has become such a bit part player and the games against Cambridge and Sutton are not games that suit him as he was up and against 'big lump' centrebacks and not getting any service at all. As Faaip suggests he might do a lot better with someone like Hernandez playing balls into him.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: January Transfer Window ?
I'd agree with this. I had high hopes for him when he signed - the Swedish lads I used to work with all spoke highly of him. Our style just doesn't suit him and he looks like he's become very frustrated at his recent lack of opportunities.faaip wrote:I'll go on record as an Antonsson fan, he'll play well elsewhere given more than scraps to feed on...I think he's a clever striker who would thrive on playing off Hernandez. Didn't see yesterdays performance though but difficult circumstances and it shows how hard it is to play second fiddle.

- Cravex
- Ballboy

- Posts: 30
- Joined: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:43 pm
Re: January Transfer Window ?
I think this Window is just about brining in quality support. The Swedish defender can cover a few positions and has likely been tipped by Jansson. The Spaniards bring in attacking flair and add to our wide options (likely superior to the current Dallas, Doukara, Sacko options). Fletcher should be able to do a job as back-up, but I agree his scoring record isn't great, even in League 1.
If we did lose Wood I wouldn't mind seeing Roofe get a run with a strike partner up top. If we're sticking to the one up-front then we'd have to rely on Fletcher... if he signs.
If we did lose Wood I wouldn't mind seeing Roofe get a run with a strike partner up top. If we're sticking to the one up-front then we'd have to rely on Fletcher... if he signs.
Last edited by Cravex on Mon Jan 30, 2017 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
gessa
Re: January Transfer Window ?
You'd expect the Spanish lad to be good with a 10M euro price tag. Hopefully he's the one missing link.Cravex wrote:I think this Window is just about brining in quality support. The Swedish defender can cover a few positions and has likely been tipped by Jansson. The Spaniards bring in attacking flair and add to our wide options (likely superior to the current Dallas, Doukara, Sacko options). Fletcher should be able to do a job as back-up, but I agree his scoring record isn't great, even in League 1.
If we did lose Wood I wouldn't mind seeing Roofe get a run with a strike partner up top. If we're sticking to the one up-front then we'd have to rely on Feltcher... if he signs.
- Durly
- First Team

- Posts: 2339
- Joined: Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:11 pm
Re: January Transfer Window ?
We definitely need a like for like replacement for when Wood is injured/suspended/needs a rest, as I don't see Monk being keen to change a (largely) winning formation. Not sure if Fletcher offers that? I know little about him really.Cravex wrote:I think this Window is just about brining in quality support. The Swedish defender can cover a few positions and has likely been tipped by Jansson. The Spaniards bring in attacking flair and add to our wide options (likely superior to the current Dallas, Doukara, Sacko options). Fletcher should be able to do a job as back-up, but I agree his scoring record isn't great, even in League 1.
If we did lose Wood I wouldn't mind seeing Roofe get a run with a strike partner up top. If we're sticking to the one up-front then we'd have to rely on Fletcher... if he signs.

- weasel
- Superstar

- Posts: 19702
- Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
- Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Don't forget Sacko had something like a £50m release clause. Hopefully, if we do sign him, he is a bit more polished than Sacko. Won't get excited about anyone until they actually sign though as we have been linked with 100s of players and then the signings we did make see to slip in completely under the radar.
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
-
mav
- First Team

- Posts: 2340
- Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:01 pm
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Fletcher has scored so few goals, I cant see the point.
1 in 4.
Lafferty has scored at the same ratio and is much better suited to our set up I think.
1 in 4.
Lafferty has scored at the same ratio and is much better suited to our set up I think.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
- Oscar
- First Team

- Posts: 1475
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2015 6:14 pm
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Not convinced signing Ashley Fletcher is the way forward, 7 goals in 16 starts last season isn't terrible, however, this is in league one and he probably won't be starting games for us. From what I have seen he is very very fast, strong, hard working and good in the air plus makes some very intelligent runs off the ball so he won't be the worst signing in the world. However, he is not a great goalscorer at the moment and from what I have seen offers nowhere near the same as Wood offers to the team.
I would sign RMC would fit into this team perfectly, would be incredibly effective on the right or left of the attacking 3 behind Chris Wood and of course can score a goal from absolutely nothing which is something this team doesn't have in midfield and almost all of the teams we are competing against do have.
RMC and Pedraza/Canos will make us almost unstoppable.
I would sign RMC would fit into this team perfectly, would be incredibly effective on the right or left of the attacking 3 behind Chris Wood and of course can score a goal from absolutely nothing which is something this team doesn't have in midfield and almost all of the teams we are competing against do have.
RMC and Pedraza/Canos will make us almost unstoppable.
- Gurj
- Manager

- Posts: 2755
- Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:22 am
- Location: Birmingham
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Sky Sports Spanish pundit Guillam Balague know's he stuff so this will do me :-
GUILLEM SAYS: I hear Pedraza is going on loan. He was on loan at Lugo from Villarreal, who paid 300,000 euros to bring him back and then send him on loan to Leeds.
He is fast, very good with his positioning and works hard without the ball. He is one of those players who loves one-on-ones, which you don't see too often. He is quick, has ability and it is a clever signing for Leeds. If he adapts to life and football in the Championship he could be a very good addition.
Guess this the key, how quickly can he adapt ? Bigger foreign stars than him have taken a long time, Lets hope he can hit the ground running. We need him to.
GUILLEM SAYS: I hear Pedraza is going on loan. He was on loan at Lugo from Villarreal, who paid 300,000 euros to bring him back and then send him on loan to Leeds.
He is fast, very good with his positioning and works hard without the ball. He is one of those players who loves one-on-ones, which you don't see too often. He is quick, has ability and it is a clever signing for Leeds. If he adapts to life and football in the Championship he could be a very good addition.
Guess this the key, how quickly can he adapt ? Bigger foreign stars than him have taken a long time, Lets hope he can hit the ground running. We need him to.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79056
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: January Transfer Window ?
Gary Shaw wrote:Not convinced signing Ashley Fletcher is the way forward, 7 goals in 16 starts last season isn't terrible, however, this is in league one and he probably won't be starting games for us. From what I have seen he is very very fast, strong, hard working and good in the air plus makes some very intelligent runs off the ball so he won't be the worst signing in the world. However, he is not a great goalscorer at the moment and from what I have seen offers nowhere near the same as Wood offers to the team.
I would sign RMC would fit into this team perfectly, would be incredibly effective on the right or left of the attacking 3 behind Chris Wood and of course can score a goal from absolutely nothing which is something this team doesn't have in midfield and almost all of the teams we are competing against do have.
RMC and Pedraza/Canos will make us almost unstoppable.
I'd really hate to see RMC back in a Leeds strip
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14648
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: January Transfer Window ?
faaip wrote:I'd really hate to see RMC back in a Leeds strip
Me too!!
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155271
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: January Transfer Window ?
His local bookies takings would triple overnightfaaip wrote:I'd really hate to see RMC back in a Leeds strip