Bear with me here, but a mate on twitter sent me a message to say that the hotel he was in was currently hosting three players supposedly signing for us today. Mentioned a Spanish lad (Pedraza, not news), a Swede (I'm guessing this was Wahlquist who I was unaware of) and A N Other who he didn't recognise. He asked at reception, but they were all booked under agents names. Could be something and nothing, but there's enough there we now know about to suggest something is happening for us today
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304 wrote:Bear with me here, but a mate on twitter sent me a message to say that the hotel he was in was currently hosting three players supposedly signing for us today. Mentioned a Spanish lad (Pedraza, not news), a Swede (I'm guessing this was Wahlquist who I was unaware of) and A N Other who he didn't recognise. He asked at reception, but they were all booked under agents names. Could be something and nothing, but there's enough there we now know about to suggest something is happening for us today
His mentioning a Swede threw me until I came on here and saw mention of this Wahlquist guy, Leon, so maybe something is happening. A decent utility defender, perhaps recommended by Jansson, would be no bad thing. Must admit to being curious as to who the third is
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
lufc1304 wrote:His mentioning a Swede threw me until I came on here and saw mention of this Wahlquist guy, Leon, so maybe something is happening. A decent utility defender, perhaps recommended by Jansson, would be no bad thing. Must admit to being curious as to who the third is
Durly wrote:Think Phil Hay has said we aren't in for Bogle. We made an enquiry, supposedly, but the fee put us off...........
That's what Hay tweeted too.
A couple of new names being mentioned now..
Bradley Dack - Gillingham. Saw him against Walsall earlier in the season looked a decent player but hard to judge from one game, 1 of the 2 players that stood out for them.
Ovie Ejaria - Liverpool- Know nothing about him but got injured on Saturday, so that is probably a no go now
Always such a frustrating day. Gone quiet again.
I wonder if Hay's tweet was before we found out Fletcher wasn't coming in. Bogle, although untested, at 6'2 and powerful, seems to fit the bill. If not him then who?