Gurj wrote: ↑Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:41 am
Is Coyle back at Leeds after he's loan ? If so, why on earth isnt he playing - Dallas for all he's effort is no right back and I am sure has no desire to be considered one.
PS - Agree about he's crosses, absolutely woeful and no excuse there for him, as a winger delivering the ball into the box should be he's expertise !!
Think we have all loved Berardi over the past few years for the commitment to the shirt but it's clear now that he isnt good enough either at RB or LB.
Up front, god knows what we can do. They are all woeful !!
Can't argue with any of that Gurj
Coyle should never been loaned out for a whole season. I have a feeling he'll return to Leeds & become a sensational player for us next season
Brentford have lost some fantastic skillful pacy wingers over the last few season, we signed the one who had less skill & no pace !
Berardi as back-up at best, we can do better. You must have witnessed some very good full-backs on your travels this season Gurj
I would say we have the worst four strikers in the championship apart from the stragglers at the bottom, all would do well in League 1 or 2
It was 100% the right decision to loan Coyle out for the season as when the season started he was 3rd choice right back so wasn't going to play any games. Defenders need games, proper competitive games rather than the U23 stuff and this season will have done wonders for Coyle as he will have been learning all season. Going out on loan and playing at a lower, more physical, level was great for Charlie Taylor's development.
It could be argued that he should have been recalled in the transfer window due to Ayling's injury. However with us signing DeBock it was probably the right decision, at the time, to keep Coyle out on loan playing every match than coming back to Leeds andbeing back up to Berardi.
Too much short term views from fans, let the lad develop, make mistakes and come back to Leeds and be ready rather than throw him in and let him become the target of the boo boys when he makes mistakes. When he played previously for Leeds the talent was obvious but he seemed to make a crucial mistake every match and hopefully that problem will have been ironed out.
Easy to make decisions in hindsight now DeBock is injured, Berardi is banned etc but it would have done Coyle no good at all to come back and not be playing. Same as when I advocate us playing the youngsters, such as Pearce at left back instead of forcing Berardi and Dallas into unusual roles, it is so that we are better next season. Wouldn't it be great to see Coyle, Pearce and others being in the first team next season because they had overtaken the other options. But we wouldn't have found that out if Coyle had been back at ER playing for the U23s and if Pearce doesn't get games. Thankfully Berardi's ban should force PH to select a left back in the left back position - although wouldn't be surprised to see PH get Alioski to play left back so he can play Roofe.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
Sh*t I have done it again and mentioned someone in my above thread where I was apologising for mentioning that person. A public flogging is surely the only solution as only banning me now would not seem to be a suitable punishment any more.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
hector wrote: ↑Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am
I see nothing wrong with that decision.....
Oh God, oh God, oh God, I have now drawn Hector into a discussion involving him who must not be discussed in a non-specific thread. For God's sake Hector do not discuss this any further, delete your reply or merge the threads immediately.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
weasel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:52 am
Oh God, oh God, oh God, I have now drawn Hector into a discussion involving him who must not be discussed in a non-specific thread. For God's sake Hector do not discuss this any further, delete your reply or merge the threads immediately.
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
weasel wrote: ↑Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:50 am
Sh*t I have done it again and mentioned someone in my above thread where I was apologising for mentioning that person. A public flogging is surely the only solution as only banning me now would not seem to be a suitable punishment any more.