Heckingbottom has gone

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by Ellandback1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:05 pm You got to think that most of those on that list are going to want the promise of significant investment.
Afternoon Norfolk, not to mention 2 million Leeds fans...
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Ellandback1 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:09 pm Afternoon Norfolk, not to mention 2 million Leeds fans...
I would think most of those would take the job without the promises though ;-)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155472
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:14 am fair enough - not done a lot here and if I'm honest I feel more confident with someone else taking charge next season. Though I do not think hecky has really been given a fair chance.

One thing i don't understand is why they have waited so long to announce this. this should have been announced right at the end of the season.
Agree Dan on all that

Because they are not fully concentrating on Leeds United matters, have fingers in too many pies
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by Ellandback1 »

NorfolkWhite wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:11 pm I would think most of those would take the job without the promises though ;-)
Becchio Bear would need to get a bigger shed... :) :) :)
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11902
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:12 pm Agree Dan on all that

Because they are not fully concentrating on Leeds United matters, have fingers in too many pies
Hey Leon, I believe Leeds are trying to get Bielsa to agree terms right now.

I don't believe they wanted to news to break so quickly and alert other clubs...
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155472
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by 1964white »

HarryofOz wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:17 am I'm not holding my breath in anticipation re his replacement
As I said on another topic Harry, our owners haven't got it right in decades. Our current lot are now on their third managerial appointment in twelve months

And then if it goes tits up once again everyone will blame the manager :roll:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155472
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:26 am Can I start a Briesla out thread or is it too early

wink
:rol:
User avatar
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 14825
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:40 pm
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411
Location: Lisburn, N.I

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by lufc1304 »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:18 pm As I said on another topic Harry, our owners haven't got it right in decades. Our current lot are now on their third managerial appointment in twelve months

And then if it goes tits up once again everyone will blame the manager :roll:
Decades, Leon? So who is the last manager you've actually rated? I'll stand corrected if my memory is failing me, but I recall you waxing lyrical on here about TC, PH, Monk, even Evans. And those are managers from the last 2 years!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2669
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by paddy parrott »

That list and many more mate. Leeds United have made errors after one another since bubble burst in 2001/.... silliest to start wit appointed Venables then Reid to overlook and right under their noses was Eddie Gray ..yes I know some are not agreeing . But man and ex manager and coach would have saved a small fortune.
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41786
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by Cjay »

:)

That is all
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155472
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:03 pm With his South American experience having managed Chile and Argentina, Marcelo Bielsa will certainly have an influence over Abel Hernandez.

Can anyone else see a link there?
Good point Matt
User avatar
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:57 am

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by NorfolkWhite »

Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:58 pm :)

That is all
Didn't notice it being your birthday :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155472
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by 1964white »

lufc1304 wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:28 pm Decades, Leon? So who is the last manager you've actually rated? I'll stand corrected if my memory is failing me, but I recall you waxing lyrical on here about TC, PH, Monk, even Evans. And those are managers from the last 2 years!
Nick I haven't waxed lyrical over any of them, I was prepared to give them a chance which is a different stance altogether, lets face it none of them lasted very long & were not the answers to any long-term success although I think Monk came close, had he stayed he required backing, obviously he got no support & he departed as quick as he came in !

Most successful manager we last appointed was Howard Wilkinson in the 80's, George Graham steadied the ship & O'Leary did well although with the resources at his disposal he probably should have done better until it all went tits up

To answer your question Nick our last best manager was employed in 1988 which is thirty years ago :shock:
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13948
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by John in Louisiana »

faaip wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:25 am We've still got the receipt and he's under guarantee
:rol: :rol:

If only!
AndyG
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 29
Joined: Sun May 06, 2018 2:05 pm

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by AndyG »

Let's be honest, as soon as Heck was appointed we all knew how it was going to end. Happened sooner than l thought but that's a good thing IMO. I called for Alardyce when Everton sacked him, but I'm really not sure who l want now. Just someone get us up.....please!
User avatar
tomat26
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 am

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by tomat26 »

Thank f**k...now let's get a decent manager.....my club has been an embarrassment for far too long !!!

MOT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
User avatar
tomat26
Ballboy
Ballboy
Posts: 9
Joined: Mon May 28, 2018 8:21 am

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by tomat26 »

Hopefully with a decent manager we will now all bond together on this forum and cut out all the alt right nastiness that has been creeping in lately.
User avatar
beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 757
Joined: Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:39 am
Location: bottom of a glass

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by beer belly bert »

hope its not another yes man , :tdown: need a strong man with his own transfer targets ,
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155472
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: ↑Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:30 pm hope its not another yes man , :tdown: need a strong man with his own transfer targets ,
That's the problem Bert, we are limited to whom we can employ as a yes man is what Radz is looking for. Should we employ a strong manager, straight away that diminishes & devalues Orta's role to a certain degree a man whom AR relies on for his football knowledge & along with Kinnear obviously play key roles within his management team
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79212
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Heckingbottom has gone

Post by The Subhuman »

I think this managers own player thing is a fallacy these days, they really shouldn't get the time to do their own scouting worldwide.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Post Reply