Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Scoreline : Leeds Utd v Derby County

Poll ended at Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:08 pm

0-0
No votes
1-1
13%
2-2
25%
3-3 or higher
No votes
Leeds by 1
13%
DC by 1
38%
Leeds by 2
No votes
DC by 2
13%
Leeds by 3 or more
No votes
DC by 3 or more
No votes

Total votes: 8

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

becchio bear wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:48 pm Nope chuck. I didn't participate in the poll (never saw it) but in the prediction comp on here I predicted us to win :) :bear:
:tup:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Absolutely bloody superb!!

Scored quite early and never looked like being pegged back.
Forshaw, Alio, Jansson and of course Clarke take the plaudits but a great team performance.
Please Radz see this for what it is. The best opportunity to get us up since we lost our place at the top table!!
MOT
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:41 pm Yeeesssssss, a complete performance by the lads. Simply superb.

Looked very good with the ball but I was even more impressed with our work rate off the ball. We completely shut them down and didn't give them a chance to create anything.

Not a bad performer on the field, no I'll go further than that, everyone was very good.

100% agree - fantastic - only concern is can we keep hold of Clarke ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Now...does Kalvin get his place back?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

BPF - 7
Hernandez - 8
Everyone else 9

MOTM for me? Close but Forshaw edges it.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:43 pm Cracking way to answer the critics, most of whom are our own fans.
Spot on and i'm one of those fans your alluding to , i honestly thought that we didn't have that in us after everything we were going into the game with......Hernandez wasn't playing , Phillips suspended , The Spy thing , No in-comings with signings .

What a performance WOW i'll go as far to say that i'm happy to have no signings come the end of the Transfer window just a Keeper is required IMO for back up , we have Phillips coming back vs Rotherham then Berradi , Douglas , Bamford aren't to far away from all reports .

We just need to consolidate a run now and shore up our Promotion :ok:

faaip i was wrong in the loco i trust.
NorfolkWhite
Manager
Manager

Post by NorfolkWhite »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm Now...does Kalvin get his place back?
Nope - and I’m a fan of his.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

a very impressive performance. surprised how comfortable it was . clarke, forshaw, alioski, cooper , jansson all outstanding.
on that evidence i just can't see us not going up.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

pembswhite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm 100% agree - fantastic - only concern is can we keep hold of Clarke ?
We get Promoted his not going anywhere .
SelmaBamaMan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by SelmaBamaMan »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:47 pm Greatest sport on the planet ...we always get the uninformed making daft comments about it on waccoe, I'm used to the ignorance
I didn't mean to insult. I was only pointing out what I learned watching it since the Colts vs. Giants final through the last NFL product I watched somewhere between 1995 and 2000. And most significant being in Pittsburgh when the won the first super bowl and the eruption of the people in the city in response to that and, and hearing steelworkers venting steam through their plant whistles at the risk of punishment and then having members of that same team use leaving; and lastly being an Alabama fan when Bear Bryant was head coach and then seeing the contamination of money take away the pride in the shirt.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

pembswhite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm 100% agree - fantastic - only concern is can we keep hold of Clarke ?
Why worry about something that hasn't even remotely looked like happening yet? :P
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

That was a joy to watch. The work rate, the passing, the togetherness of the team, it was a magnificent performance. If they can play a real promotion candidate like Derby off the park, then we need to feel very hopeful for the rest of the season. I thought the whole team played well but PJ and Cooper were rock like at the back, Forshaw had a great game in midfield, Ali looked wonderful at left back and Roofe and young Clarke were both excellent.

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS
gessa

Post by gessa »

leic white 63 wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:58 pm a very impressive performance. surprised how comfortable it was . clarke, forshaw, alioski, cooper , jansson all outstanding.
on that evidence i just can't see us not going up.
!9 games - 10 wins- 5 draws - 4 defeats will do it.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

faaip wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 9:53 pm Now...does Kalvin get his place back?
Not unless Bielsa changes his formation. Kalvin's been very good and showed his commitment to the team but slotting in in the defence but you can't change the team after a performance like that.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

SKY really annoying me now. Afters banging on about how BPF should have had a red card for his save against Holmes :evil: No comments at all about how WE should have had a penalty in the first 40 seconds against Alioski. Pablo got stood on right in front of the ref... nothing given plus others. Jeez the football league really don't want us to leave :rant: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Apology accepted Selma, it seemed a throwaway uninformed remark. My apologies for jumping to conclusions but we get a lot of it on waccoe. I'm a massive fan of the sport and have been since around 1980. Football most of the time cannot live up to the excitement and tension you get in the American version with most football games a snoozefest..The Eagles/Bears game last week was edge of the seat viewing and I'm a Raider fan. College wise I'm not American so no allegiance but I pick a different team every year to keep an eye on, this season was Arizona State (Go Sun Devils) ...next season will be Clemson with Tee Higgins, Ross and Etienne plus what could be the best QB to come out of college since Luck..

Plus the draft is one of sports greatest theatre...
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Boy how wrong am I.. Guanni Alioski was fantastic s and I'm so Sorry ...What a full back I'm Leeds and proud.
pembswhite
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by pembswhite »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:06 pm Why worry about something that hasn't even remotely looked like happening yet? :P
Cos I'm a Leeds United fan - you have to have something to worry about !
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

pembswhite wrote: Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:10 pm Cos I'm a Leeds United fan - you have to have something to worry about !
:lol: :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Buzzing. Great performance from the boys, just when we needed it. Win of the season for me. Alioski, Forshaw, Pontus, Coops, Clarke, Roofe all outstanding. :clap:

As for BPF, what a complete idiot. :roll: