Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Sometimes it's a blessing in disguise

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:32 pm Like I said we all deal with it differently, I certainly don't think it's "crap" that folk are keeping positive and are hoping above all hope we can do it still.
Sorry mate my very good friend from Sussex says it all the time, then when we screw up he's almost suicidal every time we converse over the phone. Some of my friends on the coach say the same, feeling very dejected as a consequence !

Believe me I'm hoping we can do it but my way of dealing with our constant disappointments is going with low expectations. I don't intend to let the b*gg*rs get to me again.
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:32 pm Sorry mate my very good friend from Sussex says it all the time, then when we screw up he's almost suicidal every time we converse over the phone. Some of my friends on the coach say the same, feeling very dejected as a consequence !

Believe me I'm hoping we can do it but my way of dealing with our constant disappointments is going with low expectations. I don't intend to let the b*gg*rs get to me again.
We do have as much chance as any of the others, Derby, Bristol and Boro are inconsistent, so too are the baggies, Villa are on fire but on the law of averages they can't keep this run going, with Grealish out they are very ordinary, we can but hope he is, doubt we'll play as bad as the last 2 games again.

Believe my friend, believe.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 5:40 pm We do have as much chance as any of the others, Derby, Bristol and Boro are inconsistent, so too are the baggies, Villa are on fire but on the law of averages they can't keep this run going, with Grealish out they are very ordinary, we can but hope he is, doubt we'll play as bad as the last 2 games again.

Believe my friend, believe.
At least we'll be playing on big pitches & the players could be given a rest which they probably need right now
Mrs64
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Mrs64 »

gessa wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:14 pm Come on, of course you do, we all do, we just all handle it differently.

You'll be there at Wembley with the other 35.000, on cloud 9 when we beat the Baggies 3-2 in the final.
Never seen Leon so down after a football match Ges, it's not like him at all. Even when he's returned home after the disappointments at Wembley & Cardiff he wasn't miserable.
Anyway he's back to his chirpy self again now, must be my cooking :)
gessa

Post by gessa »

Mrs64 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2019 7:42 pm Never seen Leon so down after a football match Ges, it's not like him at all. Even when he's returned home after the disappointments at Wembley & Cardiff he wasn't miserable.
Anyway he's back to his chirpy self again now, must be my cooking :)
I have felt for you these last few days ;-)

And you're very likely correct, a way to a mans heart and all that and he's always praising your cookery skills.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

I'm pretty sure Rita Ora is and has been working away in the back ground with regards to the transfer window close season. I'm they have two lists, one for Promotion and one for Championship, so depending on what happens over the next few weeks will depends on what list we will go for depending on budget.

Whatever happens over the next couple of weeks of so we will all be there next season cheering on like we where this. I'm just so glad that we are all talking about disappointment of just "so far" missing out on automatic promotion, how fat we've come, even just from last year, massive improvement. An I cant wait to see what next year now brings, whether that Premier league football or not, this club has turned a corner a huge way. Bring on the playoffs and next year. C'mon!!!!! MOT
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

LevLeeds wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:37 pm I'm pretty sure Rita Ora is and has been working away in the back ground with regards to the transfer window close season. I'm they have two lists, one for Promotion and one for Championship, so depending on what happens over the next few weeks will depends on what list we will go for depending on budget.

Whatever happens over the next couple of weeks of so we will all be there next season cheering on like we where this. I'm just so glad that we are all talking about disappointment of just "so far" missing out on automatic promotion, how fat we've come, even just from last year, massive improvement. An I cant wait to see what next year now brings, whether that Premier league football or not, this club has turned a corner a huge way. Bring on the playoffs and next year. C'mon!!!!! MOT
When was the last time we had hope like this?
LarrytheLamb
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by LarrytheLamb »

Not the greatest moment to be a leeds fan we all know but heres something which still made me smile this week... :)

http://www.amadori.design/sr-bielsa-and-his-blue-bucket
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LarrytheLamb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:48 pm Not the greatest moment to be a leeds fan we all know but heres something which still made me smile this week... :)

Thank you for sharing that Larry :)

Welcome to MOT
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

LarrytheLamb wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:48 pm Not the greatest moment to be a leeds fan we all know but heres something which still made me smile this week... :)

I want one :)
R0lferoo
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by R0lferoo »

Can't see us winning the play offs blown our best chance for years,but there is always hope and I'll be clinging on too that,hoping the lads find something from somewhere
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

I thought the same thing after we went up under Wilkinson. That squad was much better equipped to handle the top flight than Bremner's was. Although, after 1987, it did go bad before we got things going again. We didn't go up the next year.

But, I would see much optimism to go up next year, if we fall short this year. We probably would lose a couple of players. Pablo might be a year older. But the bulk of our squad is on the younger side. 12 months adaptation to Bielsa ball. A couple more signings. More young players coming through. If we didn't make it this year, I'm sure we will next year.