2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: 2019/20 Transfer Rumours & Discussion Thread

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Fri May 24, 2019 10:03 am I remember seeing Clarke come on as a sub and he played 30 min
and was blowing hard, and looking knackered, and just could not
track back, lost the ball continuously and I wondered what is wrong with the boy.
Does anybody remember that, or did I just dream it?
No you didn't dream it Rab

Clarke was puffing & blowing after three or four runs down the right flank & appeared completely knackered after twenty minutes in our home game v Reading last November

I believe I mentioned it on our Leeds v Reading match day topic at the time
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

As I say if someone wants to give us (blow) 10Mill on Clarke then yes please..I'm perfectly happy if he stays but 10 mill for someone completely untested would be a bonus. He's probably the 5th best player in our U23's
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/ ... -1-9790435

Cibicki wanted by Elfsborg and still interest in Saiz. De Bock, Pearce and O'Kane also available to leave.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Bielsa wants Harrison back on loan according to Phil Hay. God knows why! 🙈😲 I'd rather have Izzy Brown back.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:39 pm Bielsa wants Harrison back on loan according to Phil Hay. God knows why! 🙈😲 I'd rather have Izzy Brown back.
He was industrious and clearly Bielsa liked him. Maybe he'll be less eager to show off and more focused on production next season...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 2:39 pm Bielsa wants Harrison back on loan according to Phil Hay. God knows why! 🙈😲 I'd rather have Izzy Brown back.
Oh dear :(
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Genghers wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 3:32 pm He was industrious and clearly Bielsa liked him. Maybe he'll be less eager to show off and more focused on production next season...
If we're relying on loans, then we need much better. We can't afford to carry passengers again with Pablo 34. :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Not sure about Rads not supporting Bielsa ..but if the fans were the "Chairman" it sounds like most would over rule their managers wishes ...

I'd have Harrison back in a flash, came from playing in the States which is a massive disadvantage, got better as the season went on and now has a year in the system. Work rate is excellent and he certainly has talent and vision. He'll be a good fit for us next season if he returns.

Nothing being said about Harrison this season that wasn't said about Phillips last season by fans
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 5:21 pm Not sure about Rads not supporting Bielsa ..but if the fans were the "Chairman" it sounds like most would over rule their managers wishes ...

I'd have Harrison back in a flash, came from playing in the States which is a massive disadvantage, got better as the season went on and now has a year in the system. Work rate is excellent and he certainly has talent and vision. He'll be a good fit for us next season if he returns.

Nothing being said about Harrison this season that wasn't said about Phillips last season by fans
+1
Whilst his output could have been better, and probably will get better his defensive work often went unnoticed. In the Derby matches alone he got back to get a crucial touch to deny Derby a goal in the first game (where the ref gave a penalty and then overturned the decision) and in the second match he had got back to be in the perfect position to mop up the loose ball when Cooper needlessly gave a penalty away. That is why Bielsa likes him as he fits into the system in a way that someone like Harry Wilson possibly couldn't.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Because he is stubborn. He obviously sees him as a player in the making, and also he is cheap.. For me playing Harrison and Tyler Roberts in the midfield together is one of the reasons that teams find it easy to defend against us.

At least with Izzy we dont know what we missed..
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Because he’s industrious, improving, but most of all fits Bielsa’s system. Think he could be a big bonus for us next season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 6:32 pm Because he is stubborn. He obviously sees him as a player in the making, and also he is cheap.. For me playing Harrison and Tyler Roberts in the midfield together is one of the reasons that teams find it easy to defend against us.

At least with Izzy we dont know what we missed..
Those scored a combined 7 goals and got 5 assists between them.🙈 :roll: Like I said, we can't rely on Pablo carrying us again. They need to start contributing. Their finishing is woeful.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Being linked with Saeid Ezatolahi on a free transfer from FC Rostov in Russia. Played for Reading on loan last season, but got injured for the season after 4 games. Their fans are raving over him, but then again they think Lewis Baker is good, so who knows. He played for Iran in the WC last year.

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/201 ... ited-move/
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:10 pm Being linked with Saeid Ezatolahi on a free transfer from FC Rostov in Russia. Played for Reading on loan last season, but got injured for the season after 4 games. Their fans are raving over him, but then again they think Lewis Baker is good, so who knows. He played for Iran in the WC last year.

http://www.persianfootball.com/news/201 ... ited-move/
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Markel Susaeta is out of contract, dont know if we are interested but MB is clearly a big fan (only missed a few games when MB was Bilbao manager).

31 32 in December but a very experienced winger/midfielder who stuck loyally with his boyhood club despite offers from Manure and others in the past.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 9:20 pm
Is this a compilation of all the times he gave the ball away and fell over?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Looks like a poor mans Harrison there....
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

One player I really think we should go for is Reece James, looked an absolute beast against us on that fateful Good Friday game. He can literally play all over the park as he showed that day and financially wouldnt be a problem ; if Wigan could afford he's wages I am sure we could. Chelsea are bound to loan him out again, so this is an ideal chance for us to get the guy.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

Gurj wrote: Wed May 29, 2019 8:04 am One player I really think we should go for is Reece James, looked an absolute beast against us on that fateful Good Friday game. He can literally play all over the park as he showed that day and financially wouldnt be a problem ; if Wigan could afford he's wages I am sure we could. Chelsea are bound to loan him out again, so this is an ideal chance for us to get the guy.
You're right. A good player, who would give us options in several areas of the pitch. Not sure that the transfer ban that Chelsea will be under next season will affect the number that they make available for loan.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Tue May 28, 2019 11:50 pm Is this a compilation of all the times he gave the ball away and fell over?
:lol:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa