Signing of Costa.
Most the players having a full season under MB, knowing the system better.
Harrison and Dallas in better form.
The emergence of a few more of the u23's, looking likely to be ready for the step up.
Wonder if we can go a whole page before there's a negative twist.
gessa wrote: ↑Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:07 pm
Signing of Costa.
Most the players having a full season under MB, knowing the system better.
Harrison and Dallas in better form.
The emergence of a few more of the u23's, looking likely to be ready for the step up.
Wonder if we can go a whole page before there's a negative twist.
gessa wrote: ↑Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:52 pm
I remember one of these on waccoe, only positive posts, lasted to about 6 of them.
I'm convinced a lot of the negative vibe here comes from reading Waccoe, a forum that is so much greater than the sum of it's parts..Absolute no balance of that forum...the clique have THE opinion and woe betide anyone that challenges it
If I post re football, it'll be a contrary PoV but I then stay away from that thread
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Thread title made me think of that great Ian Dury and the Blockheads tune...
First one to say gets a thumbs up from me.
On top of what has been already said.
Our transfer activity means we have some money to invest in the team.
Ryan Kent is on his way to EL..( ok I may have made that last one up but it is still possible.)
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian wrote: ↑Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:23 pm
Thread title made me think of that great Ian Dury and the Blockheads tune... First one to say gets a thumbs up from me.
On top of what has been already said.
Our transfer activity means we have some money to invest in the team.
Ryan Kent is on his way to EL..( ok I may have made that last one up but it is still possible.)
Um
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Fri Jul 26, 2019 5:17 pm
I'm convinced a lot of the negative vibe here comes from reading Waccoe, a forum that is so much greater than the sum of it's parts..Absolute no balance of that forum...the clique have THE opinion and woe betide anyone that challenges it
If I post re football, it'll be a contrary PoV but I then stay away from that thread
I think generally there is a great balance on this site, more so than any other site and whilst people often have differing opinions generally people seem to still respect other people's points of view. Very rarely people get nasty or insulting which is a huge positive.
Reasons to be positive:
A) We don't have PH in charge.....
B) We have managed to get money for our weak link in defence whilst in the process weakening our promotion rivals Brentford.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm
I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm
Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
faaip wrote: ↑Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:41 pm
Health service glasses, gigolos and brasses
Round or skinny bottoms
Ahh... sorry.. faaip I had missed this....
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
In a year of the most stunningly good new music, I've stumbled on an album that's gonna be a big part of me going forward. Good music lifts me like nothing else..Reason to be positive #1
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Bielsa here for another season
Pablo is, despite his aging legs, a little genius
Costa
KP still here (not a mega fanboy, but he's grown into that DM role and can only improve)
Dallas and Harrison looking like players with something other than workrate to offer this season
A number of U23s looking capable of stepping up and affording us the opportunity to rest key players (Strujik for Cooper/White, Shack for Klich, Bogusz for Pablo, Edmondson for Roofe/Bamford, you get the idea)
We support greatest club on the planet!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson