Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Derby County
Leeds United
Leeds United
1–1
Championship
21/09/2019
Elland Road
Derby County
Derby County
All-time record vs Derby County
128
Played
61
Won
29
Drawn
38
Lost
+37
GD
48%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
61
Played
35
Won
14
Drawn
12
Lost
+45
GD
57%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
15/05/2019 Elland Road 2–4 L Championship Play Off Semi Final 2nd Leg ↗
11/05/2019 Pride Park 0–1 W Championship Play Off Semi Final 1st Leg ↗
11/01/2019 Elland Road 2–0 W Championship ↗
11/08/2018 Pride Park 1–4 W Championship ↗
21/02/2018 Pride Park 2–2 D Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Derby County
#PlayerGoals
1 Peter Lorimer 13
2 Lee Bowyer 5
3 Jack Charlton 5
4 Allan Clarke 5
5 Harry Kewell 5
Starting XI
Goa Casilla
Def Dallas
Def Cooper ©
Def White
Def Alioski
Mid Phillips
Mid Klich
Mid Hernandez
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Costa
SUB Douglas
SUB Nketiah
Unused Substitutes
-- Meslier
-- Roberts
-- Berardi
-- Gotts
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:13 pm Ok I was there yesterday courtesy of another ticket win :)

Started out a bit stressful as the main car park I was expecting to get in had road closed barriers across it so ended up on a random street in Holbeck :shock: The picking up of the tickets was great, no queue at all and so that part was great. Into the stadium and a Fanta orange for me to calm the nerves lol.

First half of football was amazing. Sublime passing, superb to watch and a goal to boot. Cut to the second half, what the hell happened there? I was sat 6 rows from the front and my seat was right opposite the corner flag near the Kop. Eddie and Costa started warming up, yay thought I. Then Douglas joined them ...... Couldn't believe it when I saw Douglas taking his bib off :zip: I'm sorry but I just don't see what he adds to the team. I think he is lazy and slow, I thought that at the Caraboa Cup game and I thought it again yesterday. Glad Costa came on and was beginning to think that Eddie wouldn't get any game time at all. Yes Bamford does an awful lot of running in midfield etc but quite frankly that is not what he is paid to do. He is our number 9, he is supposed to be a striker, you know the one who scores goals!! He is not doing that. Maybe he should sack being a striker and become a midfielder :duno:

I could see a late snatch and grab from Derby coming and that's exactly what happened. We dominated that game for 50 minutes and then decided to sit back, let them take control, gain in confidence and score :evil: It was so frustrating to watch, I left feeling as if we had lost rather than drawn.

Eddie and Costa need more game time, don't just put them on for 15 or 10 minutes and expect miracles. Our players should not expect a shoe in to the next game, they should be made to feel they have to fight for their position.

As for Klich's penalty :ffpa: absolutely awful. :bear:
Enjoyed that match report young lady :tup:
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:13 pm Then Douglas joined them ...... Couldn't believe it when I saw Douglas taking his bib off :zip: I'm sorry but I just don't see what he adds to the team. I think he is lazy and slow, I thought that at the Caraboa Cup game and I thought it again yesterday
I'm glad I'm not the only one young lady :| many fans scratching their heads with that sub

I said to my mates around me "I can't see this working but I maybe wrong".....truly wish I was !
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:39 pm I'm glad I'm not the only one young lady :| many fans scratching their heads with that sub

I said to my mates around me "I can't see this working but I maybe wrong".....truly wish I was !
Just adds nothing :duno:

Lad near me was quite funny, Derby players warming up, including Chris Martin :rant: , he shouted "Hey we've been spying on you and guess what... we've discovered Derby County are s**t" :lol: He turned round and to be fair he did laugh.

On another note, I just don't get why people in the West Stand feel the need to jump to their feet whenever the ball is with one our players in a potential goal scoring position. You don't get any nearer and you can't see any better, all you do is cause a domino effect up the stand for everyone to have to stand to get a chance of seeing anything. As I said in my earlier post I was only 6 rows up from the front, right opposite the corner flag, it was a perfect view. Nope, in the second half the row in front of me had to jump up the moment the ball passed the half way line :rant: Utterly ridiculous. Get a ticket in the Kop or South Stand if you want to stand. I would have no problem in the whole stadium being safe standing only.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:54 pm Just adds nothing :duno:

Lad near me was quite funny, Derby players warming up, including Chris Martin :rant: , he shouted "Hey we've been spying on you and guess what... we've discovered Derby County are s**t" :lol: He turned round and to be fair he did laugh
:lol: :lol: :lol:
becchio bear wrote: ↑Sun Sep 22, 2019 6:54 pm On another note, I just don't get why people in the West Stand feel the need to jump to their feet whenever the ball is with one our players in a potential goal scoring position. You don't get any nearer and you can't see any better, all you do is cause a domino effect up the stand for everyone to have to stand to get a chance of seeing anything. As I said in my earlier post I was only 6 rows up from the front, right opposite the corner flag, it was a perfect view. Nope, in the second half the row in front of me had to jump up the moment the ball passed the half way line :rant: Utterly ridiculous. Get a ticket in the Kop or South Stand if you want to stand. I would have no problem in the whole stadium being safe standing only.
:bear:
They do it in the East Stand too

I've always stood at games, not a problem for this old fogey & much more comfortable than sitting with no legroom in our cramped stadium
jindy30
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 98
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:48 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by jindy30 »

The hoodoo continues.

Derby offered nothing but after the penalty miss that gave them a boost, and kika had a fumble and suddenly we had to control the game at 1.nil up.

I thought we did well at the.start of the second half.... If anything maybe lets not make the formulae substitutions. Aren't we supposed to be a super fit team. My guess is we woiuld have seen the game out without the defencive changes.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by 1964white »

jindy30 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 23, 2019 4:00 am The hoodoo continues.

Derby offered nothing but after the penalty miss that gave them a boost, and kika had a fumble and suddenly we had to control the game at 1.nil up.

I thought we did well at the.start of the second half.... If anything maybe lets not make the formulae substitutions. Aren't we supposed to be a super fit team. My guess is we woiuld have seen the game out without the defencive changes.
We looked shattered in the last 25 minutes & we are not even out of September yet :shock:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by hector »

I don't think they were shattered, but having switched off after the penalty, they just couldn't switch back on again, so were going through the motions.

Even when super fit, once you have switched off in your mind, it is very very hard to get the enthusiasm back up in a short space of time.

(unless you are being shot at!! )
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:26 am I don't think they were shattered, but having switched off after the penalty, they just couldn't switch back on again, so were going through the motions.

Even when super fit, once you have switched off in your mind, it is very very hard to get the enthusiasm back up in a short space of time.

(unless you are being shot at!! )
In other words we lost our momentum which was irretrievable once it had gone
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Sep 23, 2019 6:59 am In other words we lost our momentum which was irretrievable once it had gone
Yes mate...... nail on head
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by The Subhuman »

Don't take Harrison off and Douglas doesn't see the pitch
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:02 pm Don't take Harrison off and Douglas doesn't see the pitch
Both Harrison & Pablo should have stayed on, neither were playing badly

Lost our talisman who can create something out of nothing & the pace/work rate of Jack down the flank.
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Leeds Utd v Derby County Match Thread - WTF happened out there??

Post by hector »

Think Pablo was nobbled, so if he had to come off, replace him with Roberts or like for like with Costa, to keep the attacks going from both sides.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply