How can a company be allowed to accrue £1.7billion of debt the same happened with Carillion a company gets too big and no one has a handle on what the hell is going on but I can guarantee the top bosses were well paid and will walk into top jobs elsewhere just as the Carillion bosses did, unlike many of the workers.
There’s also a massive knock on to other companies as Tomas Cook (just like Carillion) has a 60-90 payment policy so they owe millions to the smaller suppliers
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
Ratscoot wrote: ↑Mon Sep 23, 2019 7:17 am
How can a company be allowed to accrue £1.7billion of debt the same happened with Carillion a company gets too big and no one has a handle on what the hell is going on but I can guarantee the top bosses were well paid and will walk into top jobs elsewhere just as the Carillion bosses did, unlike many of the workers.
Sadly TC were working to a business model that was no longer viable in the internet age.
With holidaymakers able to book hotels and flights online and arrange their own treats and excursions once at the resorts they were never going to be viable long term.
But those debts are crazy.
More jobs lost, but as has already been said the top dogs will walk away untainted and probably get a gong in the New Years honours... But that is the nature of a Limited Liability Company
Saddening
' "Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Irish Ian wrote: ↑Tue Sep 24, 2019 8:50 am
Sadly TC were working to a business model that was no longer viable in the internet age.
With holidaymakers able to book hotels and flights online and arrange their own treats and excursions once at the resorts they were never going to be viable long term.
I have a friend who does exactly that Ian. She books all flights, car hire, hotels etc to Australia, USA and even the Camino in Spain, also booking long hols to these places for friends. It's a sign if the times as is internet shopping now. So many high street shops in trouble as we sit on our bums to do our shopping now....
No idea how anyone shops online for shoes or clothes..I'd imagine 55% gets returned and 35 % put in the wardrobe because you cannot be bothered to return it.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
faaip wrote: ↑Tue Sep 24, 2019 1:29 pm
No idea how anyone shops online for shoes or clothes..I'd imagine 55% gets returned and 35 % put in the wardrobe because you cannot be bothered to return it.
My friend orders all her clothes including running shoes online. We have a post office in our village and she spends quite a lot of time there returning products. I order my walking boots online because it's always the same size and make, so I know they're always going to fit.
whiteswan wrote: ↑Tue Sep 24, 2019 2:06 pm
My friend orders all her clothes including running shoes online. We have a post office in our village and she spends quite a lot of time there returning products. I order my walking boots online because it's always the same size and make, so I know they're always going to fit.
I have a great deal of trouble buying shoes, can take me weeks to find something I like that fits, most shops don't do them in my size and I usually have to buy 2 sizes too big. My partner also has problems having size three feet, that's a childs size these days and she doesn't want to wear childrens shoes...
Needless to say we put off shoe shopping until the direst need
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
im abroad 6mths of the year and don't use a travel agent for anything I book direct with cruise lines ferries and accomadation direct and always get a better deal , why pay a middle man a cut ?