Leeds Weekly 20191202

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Weekly 20191202

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:25 am Actually I couldn't replicate the other items so all I've done is get lucky once and then fail 4 times.
I've been at this now for 14 hours and I'm sick of this so I'm going to cancel my initial intention and forget the whole idea.
Leon thanks for the copy of the instructions but I think there's something lacking in them, because I followed them faithfully but couldn't get anywhere with them apart from the initial try.
Goodnight folks
Norm I had similar problems initially so don't give up on the process I provided. I was working from memory & I found I had forgotten one of the actions so I had to phone a friend to assist where I was going wrong, now it's like riding a bike for me.

Go back to it when you have a clear head Norm!
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

What was the action you forgot Leon please? Was it included in the list you gave me?
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

ELC-02-12-2019.png
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

No matter which dataset I use I am getting the same file every time because the original dataset is always the one which appears in the box.
This time I tried to post part of the 'Guess the crowd' but it defaulted to the file I successfully uploaded yesterday.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

There has to be a part of the sequence where the source dataset is identified and I don't see one.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

interesting that our home and away record is almost identical - even down to goal difference
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

This process seems to go to the 'C:/pictures' directory where, coincidentally, I put the original file which I had saved as 'ELC20191202.png'.
Maybe there's a missing step where I save the process as a file first then I'm presented with a choice of files somewhere along the way. :dun:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

rrfierce wrote:
interesting that our home and away record is almost identical - even down to goal difference
Yes, but it wasn't after the first few games -
2019-2020__ GP W--D--L F--A W--D--L F--A W--D--L F--A GD--P
Leeds United 7 5--1--1 12--3 1--1--1 2--2 4--0--0 10--1 9--16

- sorry about the spacing RR, but thank goodness we got our home mojo back even though our away form slipped.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Norm wrote:This process seems to go to the 'C:/pictures' directory where, coincidentally, I put the original file which I had saved as 'ELC20191202.png'.
Maybe there's a missing step where I save the process as a file first then I'm presented with a choice of files somewhere along the way. :dun:
If you are saving a screenshot surely you can choose the name and also the location of the file... at least I can on my Mac.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

rab_rant wrote:
If you are saving a screenshot surely you can choose the name and also the location of the file... at least I can on my Mac.
I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner rab but I decided to have a day off.
Macs are wonderful for data transfer and processing but I'm on a Windows 10 laptop.

Adam did say I couldn't paste the file (although I can paste text, etc.) but would need to 'Upload' and 'Place Inline'.
I didn't have any idea how to do those things so I asked Leon about the method he used for his data transfer.

The method which Leon sent didn't include naming or location rab, it just was supposed to save the copied data on the clipboard in the correct format and then deposit it in the 'Post a Reply' box by the rest of the process, but I think there's a missing step. It worked OK for the ELC table you can see earlier in this thread, but when I tried to use another file it still found the previous ELC data.

Today or possibly tomorrow I'm going to try again with a different dataset in that same directory to see what happens.