Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Fulham v Leeds United
Fulham
Fulham
2–1
Championship
21/12/2019
Craven Cottage
Leeds United
Leeds United
All-time record vs Fulham
65
Played
26
Won
16
Drawn
23
Lost
+16
GD
40%
Win %
Away record
34
Played
11
Won
7
Drawn
16
Lost
-4
GD
32%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
03/04/2018 Craven Cottage 2–0 L Championship ↗
15/08/2017 Elland Road 0–0 D Championship ↗
07/03/2017 Craven Cottage 1–1 D Championship ↗
16/08/2016 Elland Road 1–1 D Championship ↗
23/02/2016 Elland Road 1–1 D Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Fulham
#PlayerGoals
1 John Charles 8
2 Jimmy Greenhoff 4
3 Patrick Bamford 4
4 Tommy Wright 4
5 Albert Johanneson 3
Starting XI
Goa Casilla
Def Ayling
Def Cooper ©
Def White
Def Dallas
Mid Phillips
Mid Hernandez
Mid Klich
Mid Costa
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Alioski
SUB Nketiah
SUB Stevens
Unused Substitutes
-- Meslier
-- Berardi
-- Gotts
-- Casey
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41754
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by Cjay »

I actually found the Fulham performance quite encouraging (shock horror) :shock:

While Cardiff was very poor and deeply concerning, was quite impressed yesterday.

Their was some sloppy moments, White struggled with Mitrovic, Phillips wasnt great, passing was off at times.

But we outplayed a bogey side on their own patch, we forced Fulham (famous for their passing football) to become a hoofball side, so scared and intimidated by us that they resorted to thumping the ball up to Mitrovic.

We created plenty of good chances, Dallas bless his heart will never be the man you want these to fall to as they did yesterday, but without Pablo we created chances.

While i thought Mitrovic dominated White physically aside from the pen did he have a shot?

Im as pessimistic as anyone but i dont feel concerned about the performance yesterday even though soft goals (2nd goal) and poor finishing cost us.

Pablo injury concerns me, the lack of depth on the bench is concerning, but the performance yesterday, nah.

Obviously we dont want to be talking about soft goals and poor finishing to often (like last season) but as a one off imo take the performance as a positive and move on and hope for reinforcements.

:shirtw: :shirtw: :scarfe2:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by 1964white »

Just one of those games where nothing went right from the start, it felt like Millwall all over again only difference was we didn't go down to ten men. Truth is we were in the game for much of the match & really should have stepped up a gear once we got the equaliser, sadly we didn't as our passing was atrocious & we lost our fluency. Only White (his poorest game in a Leeds shirt) made a challenge for Fulham's winning goal whilst at least five of our defenders stood ball-watching. Yes we lost a match however the biggest concern is how many more games is our talisman Pablo Hernandez will miss?

Positives

We created several chances.
Bamford's performance & equaliser.
Bamford's 10th goal of the season.
Kiko's magnificent one-handed save, unlucky with the penalty too.
Better in the air with the return of Cooper.
First defeat in 12 matches.
The unbeaten run was always inevitable.
We've lost to a premiership outfit from last season whom if not for their coach shouldn't be 9 points adrift of Leeds.
Scott Parker probably keeps his job for now.

Negatives

Pablo's injury.
Missed Hernandez's creativity.
Soft penalty.
One of the worst refereeing performances I've witnessed in the championship this season.
Two of best players this season White & Phillips had poor games.
Our passing was atrocious at times.
Missed chances once again.
Five goals conceded in the last 120 minutes.
Fulham time-wasting from the 30th minute onwards
Fulham players rolling around the floor like big-girl blouses feigning injury
Six consecutive defeats in London
1 win in 9 league trips to Fulham

Ratings

8 Casilla
4 Ayling
5 White
6 Cooper
6 Dallas
5 Phillips
5 Costa
6 Klich
n/a Hernandez
6 Harrison
8 Bamford MOTM
Subs
5 Alioski
5 Nketiah
6 Stevens
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by BGwhite »

I'm not concerned about yesterday's result either. Chances created but missed are more concerning and but for a totally incompetent refereeing display we probably win it even without Pablo which says something against one of the division's supposed top sides on the their patch. I will be much more concerned if we don't see off Preston but we must be ready for their diving and feigning injuries as well as the 'Cardiff' tactics as they have some big tall guys up front . If we can't win then DON'T F***** LOSE !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Velotrax

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by Velotrax »

Ok, We have had two bad results, one by our own hand, taking our eye off the ball so to speak, and the utter dismall, one sided how can I say this, corrupt ref, who gave a pen for fk 'all,
It's just my opinion , but we are the best team in the league and maybe just being slightly sceptic the EFL want to keep our massive support for themselves, so they are employing dodgy tactics to attempt to stop us, lets face it everyone hates us
Velotrax

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by Velotrax »

mothbanquet wrote: ↑Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:08 pm That was different, a folly completely of our own making. This just simply smacked of injustice right from the off. We could point fingers at ourselves quite squarely in the last game but this time, the concession from the corner, fair enough but for the foolishness of the referee we might never have found ourselves in that position. It might sound like making excuses but I don't know what we could've done to affect the outcome of this game from the outset.

On top of that, the last result was a draw. This is a defeat, not just a kick up the backside but a real kick in the balls. It might spur the club into action off the field as well as on it...
I concur mate
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by 1964white »

Poor support in the River Thames :lol:


Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 16.09.36.png
Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 16.09.36.png (306.14 KiB) Viewed 3551 times
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by 1964white »

Look who's on the back row

Was on the pitch at half-time being interviewed by the Fulham announcer, took a gentle applause from the home fans then he arrives at the Leeds end to the Allan Clarke songs & loud version of 'He's Leeds & he knows he is', Clarkey responded with the Leeds salutes :)

Who are the Chinese or Malaysian chappies on the front row?


Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 16.11.20.png
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Cooper returns in place of Berardi

Post by 1964white »

Referee warning the Leeds team prior to kick-off 'I'm giving you nothing' as Mitrovic ties up his boots in an effort to avoid falling over at will during the game :roll:


Screenshot 2019-12-22 at 16.20.51.png
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

EXTENDED HIGHLIGHTS

Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Norm »

First, I apologise for whatever I said which intimated to some that I was criticising our fans - that wasn't ever my intent and I will abstain from any further comment on the subject lest it be perceived as such. I realise I have been an 'armchair fan' for so long that I could be seen as out of date with things.

However, I've been at ER and away grounds so many times during my active support that I've seen our players drop their heads at yelled insults from supporters who think they should have done something differently - boo boys I called them, often to their faces. However, I'm sure our fans don't do that any more and are in line for a collective Nobel Peace Prize, so I'll stfu.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Norm wrote: ↑Sun Dec 22, 2019 7:16 pm First, I apologise for whatever I said which intimated to some that I was criticising our fans - that wasn't ever my intent and I will abstain from any further comment on the subject lest it be perceived as such. I realise I have been an 'armchair fan' for so long that I could be seen as out of date with things.

However, I've been at ER and away grounds so many times during my active support that I've seen our players drop their heads at yelled insults from supporters who think they should have done something differently - boo boys I called them, often to their faces. However, I'm sure our fans don't do that any more and are in line for a collective Nobel Peace Prize, so I'll stfu.
No need to apologise Norm, your comment creates debate :tup:

Football fans should never boo their team
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Norm »

1964white

No need to apologise Norm, your comment creates debate :tup:

Football fans should never boo their team
Thanks Leon - I thought you'd understand, even if you didn't agree with my POV, but I'm glad that we concur about not booing our players. On the rare occasions when I heard that I almost couldn't believe it coming from Leeds fans, but then I'm from Wakefield so what the hell do I know. :)
rab_rant

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by rab_rant »

When we drew 3-3 with Cardiff there was a lot of gnashing of teeth an renting of garments on this forum.

Certain members then wrote articles that had a calming influence and after a few days certain member wrote that they were not feeling so bad, so we can see how the group dynamic changes within the forum... going from negative to positive.

If we can witness such a change in psychology within the forum then I think what Norm is saying that if the fans get on the players case either on social media or during a match then it has an influence on how they perform.

Fans are also called supporters, and that should be their primary function... to lift up and uphold.



Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:31 am When we drew 3-3 with Cardiff there was a lot of gnashing of teeth an renting of garments on this forum.

Certain members then wrote articles that had a calming influence and after a few days certain member wrote that they were not feeling so bad, so we can see how the group dynamic changes within the forum... going from negative to positive.

If we can witness such a change in psychology within the forum then I think what Norm is saying that if the fans get on the players case either on social media or during a match then it has an influence on how they perform.

Fans are also called supporters, and that should be their primary function... to lift up and uphold.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
In other words there should be no criticism of LUFC, all be nicey nicey hence no true reflection on incidents during a game therefore minimal debate :roll:
rab_rant

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: In other words there should be no criticism of LUFC, all be nicey nicey hence no true reflection on incidents during a game therefore minimal debate :roll:
Where your heart is, so also is your treasure.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155408
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:09 pm Where your heart is, so also is your treasure.

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
You sound like my dear mum who was a very religious lady
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19705
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by weasel »

I think what is trying to be said is not a criticism of the fans but that there was a nervousness around the stadium which then maybe made the players nervy - not a criticism but just something that happened. To be honest I doubt it had any real effect on the players as we were still playing good football, still creating the chances and it was just 2 isolated Cardiff attacks.Another match and those 2 attacks lead to nothing. Always going to be a bit nervy when the opposition pulls a goal back as suddenly they are back in the match and have something to play for.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
rab_rant

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by rab_rant »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:45 pm You sound like my dear mum who was a very religious lady
Mothers are Good. Everybody should have one.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79122
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Fulham v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: ↑Mon Dec 23, 2019 9:31 am When we drew 3-3 with Cardiff there was a lot of gnashing of teeth an renting of garments on this forum.

Certain members then wrote articles that had a calming influence and after a few days certain member wrote that they were not feeling so bad, so we can see how the group dynamic changes within the forum... going from negative to positive.

If we can witness such a change in psychology within the forum then I think what Norm is saying that if the fans get on the players case either on social media or during a match then it has an influence on how they perform.

Fans are also called supporters, and that should be their primary function... to lift up and uphold.



Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk
grrrrrrrrr..right now I'm gonna lease a tux
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply