Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Post Reply
Leeds United v Preston North End
Leeds United
Leeds United
1–1
Championship
26/12/2019
Elland Road
⚽ Dallas
Preston North End
Preston North End
All-time record vs Preston North End
65
Played
24
Won
15
Drawn
26
Lost
-7
GD
37%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
34
Played
16
Won
7
Drawn
11
Lost
+13
GD
47%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
22/10/2019 Deepdale 1–1 D Championship ↗
09/04/2019 Deepdale 0–2 W Championship ↗
18/09/2018 Elland Road 3–0 W Championship ↗
28/08/2018 Elland Road 0–2 L Carabao Cup 2nd Round ↗
10/04/2018 Deepdale 3–1 L Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Preston North End
#PlayerGoals
1 David Healy 4
2 Hugh Baird 3
3 Kemar Roofe 3
4 Harry Duggan 3
5 Jim Storrie 2
Starting XI
Goa Casilla
Def Ayling
Def Cooper ©
Def White
Def Alioski
Mid Phillips
Def Dallas
Mid Klich
Mid Costa
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Nketiah
Unused Substitutes
-- Meslier
-- Douglas
-- Berardi
-- Gotts
-- Stevens
-- Struijk
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

Wow that's the first time I've heard Oscar swear online or when I've met him at matches

The young man wasn't impressed


Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by Norm »

He looked very worried Leon, as he probably should too. It'd not that we're even playing badly but our goalscoring record is so poor atm.
The team as a whole seems worried and anxious and the fans are also reacting to that.

The boos will never help - booing is a massive no-no and can only do harm.
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

All I can say is if the nerves have kicked in already they should go find another club preferably in non league or even change career . Nerves in April/May I can understand but not at Christmas !

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by 60sUnited »

BGwhite wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 7:24 am All I can say is if the nerves have kicked in already they should go find another club preferably in non league or even change career . Nerves in April/May I can understand but not at Christmas !
Agree BG, as well as footballing skill, at this level and at this club a certain degree of mental toughness is a basic requirement...it comes with the territory and is included in the salary. Unfortunately we have what we have and are stuck with these guys, lets just hope they grow a pair each and get on with the job.
Norm
MOT Legend
MOT Legend
Posts: 6930
Joined: Tue May 27, 2003 2:51 am
Location: SW Missouri USA

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by Norm »

Just wish we could grow a set of non-booing fans
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by weasel »

jindy30 wrote: ↑Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:05 pm Adapting to the game is essential and I feel that the players don't have the ability, maturity or training to adapt. It was plain to see PNE had worked on our game judging by the 3 players around KP in the first 10 minutes. No names because the whole team was guilty. And maybe even Bielsa.
Ah yes on absorbing these and other comments I too have realised that we failed to adapt and Preston dominated for the whole match. At first glance I thought that we played ourselves back into the game after a poor opening 25-30 minutes and then dominated proceedings in much the same way we have in most matches. How wrong was I too believe what I saw with my own eyes.

Thankfully the transfer window is nearly upon us and we can sell most of our players to various non league teams as they are clearly too poor to play in the championship as evidenced by our appalling league position. We can then go out and buy premiership class players to replace them as no point looking at any of the championship players as they are clearly far worse than ours if the league table is to be believed.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by weasel »

Norm wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 9:55 am Just wish we could grow a set of non-booing fans
Well clearly they have a right to boo as these are the worst set of players to ever play for this club and most are not championship class and as such they should be roundly booed for not thrashing all other championship teams with considerable ease. These appalling players are clearly not overachieving as they are behind 1 other team in the league despite them being truly terrible players.
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3239
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2019 1:11 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by mothbanquet »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:37 pm Ah yes on absorbing these and other comments I too have realised that we failed to adapt and Preston dominated for the whole match. At first glance I thought that we played ourselves back into the game after a poor opening 25-30 minutes and then dominated proceedings in much the same way we have in most matches. How wrong was I too believe what I saw with my own eyes.

Thankfully the transfer window is nearly upon us and we can sell most of our players to various non league teams as they are clearly too poor to play in the championship as evidenced by our appalling league position. We can then go out and buy premiership class players to replace them as no point looking at any of the championship players as they are clearly far worse than ours if the league table is to be believed.
I believe we've got Mbappe on speed dial.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:41 pm Well clearly they have a right to boo as these are the worst set of players to ever play for this club and most are not championship class and as such they should be roundly booed for not thrashing all other championship teams with considerable ease. These appalling players are clearly not overachieving as they are behind 1 other team in the league despite them being truly terrible players.
I've deleted about 40 of this type of post in the last month...count to ten and all that
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79006
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

mothbanquet wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:42 pm I believe we've got Mbappe on speed dial.
Isn't that a Hanson song?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:41 pm Well clearly they have a right to boo as these are the worst set of players to ever play for this club and most are not championship class and as such they should be roundly booed for not thrashing all other championship teams with considerable ease. These appalling players are clearly not overachieving as they are behind 1 other team in the league despite them being truly terrible players.
:rol: :rol: :rol:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14631
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by hector »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:37 pm Ah yes on absorbing these and other comments I too have realised that we failed to adapt and Preston dominated for the whole match. At first glance I thought that we played ourselves back into the game after a poor opening 25-30 minutes and then dominated proceedings in much the same way we have in most matches. How wrong was I too believe what I saw with my own eyes.

Thankfully the transfer window is nearly upon us and we can sell most of our players to various non league teams as they are clearly too poor to play in the championship as evidenced by our appalling league position. We can then go out and buy premiership class players to replace them as no point looking at any of the championship players as they are clearly far worse than ours if the league table is to be believed.
Naughty naughty Weasel :mrgreen:

;-)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

weasel wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:37 pm Ah yes on absorbing these and other comments I too have realised that we failed to adapt and Preston dominated for the whole match. At first glance I thought that we played ourselves back into the game after a poor opening 25-30 minutes and then dominated proceedings in much the same way we have in most matches. How wrong was I too believe what I saw with my own eyes.

Thankfully the transfer window is nearly upon us and we can sell most of our players to various non league teams as they are clearly too poor to play in the championship as evidenced by our appalling league position. We can then go out and buy premiership class players to replace them as no point looking at any of the championship players as they are clearly far worse than ours if the league table is to be believed.
This. :) :)
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by John in Louisiana »

mothbanquet wrote: ↑Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:42 pm I believe we've got Mbappe on speed dial.
I'd settle for Sadio Mane
60sUnited
Manager
Manager
Posts: 2673
Joined: Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:38 pm

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by 60sUnited »

I would suggest that most of the 'negative' comments are to do with whats to come from this point on, not whats happened to date. The fear of a repeat of last seasons disappointing 2nd half of the season is bound to be there, obviously stoked up by the last 3 results. I would love to sit here and say we will definitely stay in the automatic spot all season but simple fact is we just don't know and as most Leeds fans seem to be pessimistic (because of our track record) any poor result will heighten the fear factor and produce the comments that are being seen. 9 points from the next 3 games will turn us all into optimists :)
User avatar
weasel
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19694
Joined: Wed May 23, 2007 10:28 pm
Location: Firmly on the Danny-Magnet

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by weasel »

weasel wrote: ↑Fri Dec 27, 2019 11:02 am I will be interested to see how Preston do in their next match as they were out on their feet and I wouldn't be surprised if they made a few changes for their next match or if they didn't but then got thumped.
Uncanny....
Cjay wrote: ↑Sat May 17, 2025 4:23 pm I've pretended to support a team that's been crap for most of my life as part of a long term plan
Victor_Notts-17 wrote: ↑Mon Jun 01, 2026 7:03 pm Did you post them because there's something wrong with your brain
User avatar
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 6571
Joined: Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:02 am

Re: Leeds Utd v Preston North End Match Thread

Post by BGwhite »

weasel wrote: Uncanny....
I bet they lose

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply