Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Today's Games

Post by 1964white »

Birmingham's new striker Scott Hogan makes an immediate impact scoring the brummies first goal at Ashton Gate

Bristol City 1-2 Birmingham
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:11 pm Ok, maybe we're talking slightly at cross purposes, but I'm not sure what you base your assertion about Nketiah's potential contribution on. We didn't see enough of him to be that positive, and what we did see was inconclusive, for me.

With Augustin it seems that he hasn't been bought for instant impact, as most probably hoped. That doesn't mean that he isn't a good player, or that he won't have a vital contribution to make this season. From Bielsa's comment about not playing him at 50%, but doing so when he gets to 70%, I'm guessing we'll probably see him vs Brentford or Bristol.
On his ability and my knack for knowing a good player when I see one, he was basically a plus Kemar Roofe. His movement and anticipation was first class. His goal scoring instincts were excellent and his technique was better.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:36 pm On his ability and my knack for knowing a good player when I see one, he was basically a plus Kemar Roofe. His movement and anticipation was first class. His goal scoring instincts were excellent and his technique was better.
Should have kept Roofe & Jansson
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:36 pm On his ability and my knack for knowing a good player when I see one, he was basically a plus Kemar Roofe. His movement and anticipation was first class. His goal scoring instincts were excellent and his technique was better.
Should have kept Roofe & Jansson
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Thanks Brum - 3-1 win away.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Birmingham go 1-3 up

Keeps the robins five points behind us
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jeez they could have gotten to within 2?..I thought we'd had them well beaten this season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

1964white wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 9:39 pm Should have kept Roofe & Jansson
We couldn't afford Roofe and Jansson not disciplined enough for Bielsa.
They would have both made a positive difference though.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Peps doing us some favours, Forest last week now Bristol.. wonder if we can take advantage or throw it back as usual.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

SaraM wrote: Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:11 pm Ok, maybe we're talking slightly at cross purposes, but I'm not sure what you base your assertion about Nketiah's potential contribution on. We didn't see enough of him to be that positive, and what we did see was inconclusive, for me.

With Augustin it seems that he hasn't been bought for instant impact, as most probably hoped. That doesn't mean that he isn't a good player, or that he won't have a vital contribution to make this season. From Bielsa's comment about not playing him at 50%, but doing so when he gets to 70%, I'm guessing we'll probably see him vs Brentford or Bristol.
Eddie Nketiah is a gun.

Just go back and check his equaliser v Preston away.

There arent too many players in this league who would not only that header but have the ability to pull it off.
But at this stage of his career he isnt a lone striker ,but for the record I dont feel that we have a player who can play as a deep lying forward.
Bamford is a poacher at best, he hasnt the pace to come deep ti link the play then get into the box.
JKA will struggle to get up to the requirements of this crucial role that Bielsa requires I reckon.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Fair comments on Eddie. As said, I'm not really criticising him, I just don't think his impact in our system was guaranteed, despite his ability. It's a moot point now anyway.

I really liked Roofe, and wish we'd kept him.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

SaraM wrote: Sat Feb 08, 2020 12:11 am

I really liked Roofe, and wish we'd kept him.
Me too, if we still had him we wouldn't be clutching at straws for goals
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Today's championship games

Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 10.48.11.png
Screenshot 2020-02-08 at 10.48.11.png (33.28 KiB) Viewed 1701 times
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

I'm not really all that concerned about Forest. watching them play, their position flatters them. More worried about Fulham and Brentford, with the most prolific scorer and tightest defence in the league respectively. That said, we kept Mitrovic quiet and beat Brentford's defence when we played both teams so my fears solely lie in other teams' ability to take points off them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Preston one up at Wigan

As we seem to be relying on the lower clubs in the championship

Come on Wigan
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Brentford 1 up

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

gessa

Post by gessa »

Boro equalise
gessa

Post by gessa »

Short lived
gessa

Post by gessa »

Another equaliser, 3 goals in 5 minutes.

Fulham 1 up
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

West Brom a goal up at HT.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa