Things that annoy you!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by 1964white »

I'm having withdrawal symptoms already
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:05 pm I'm having withdrawal symptoms already
Not quite suffering a total football withdrawal just yet as I got myself down to The Shay yesterday evening for the Halifax - Woking game as it is only a few miles from where I live. Cracking evening to be honest despite the result. Interesting to note Town usually pull in around 1500 at home and the attendance last night was 2154. Not much talk about Corona at all so that was great. I just saw people wanting to go about their business and get on with life. Now I log on to the BBC site and see Shrek's ugly mug and the headline something about guinea pigs. No thanks.

Not sure about next weekend but I'm sure something will come up.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by 1964white »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:35 pm Not quite suffering a total football withdrawal just yet as I got myself down to The Shay yesterday evening for the Halifax - Woking game as it is only a few miles from where I live. Cracking evening to be honest despite the result. Interesting to note Town usually pull in around 1500 at home and the attendance last night was 2154. Not much talk about Corona at all so that was great. I just saw people wanting to go about their business and get on with life. Now I log on to the BBC site and see Shrek's ugly mug and the headline something about guinea pigs. No thanks.

Not sure about next weekend but I'm sure something will come up.
What a increase :shock:

Probably made people who generally watch Sky football get out of their armchairs & go watch football from two teams who are playing the game for the love of it
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79004
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by The Subhuman »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:35 pm Not quite suffering a total football withdrawal just yet as I got myself down to The Shay yesterday evening for the Halifax - Woking game as it is only a few miles from where I live. Cracking evening to be honest despite the result. Interesting to note Town usually pull in around 1500 at home and the attendance last night was 2154. Not much talk about Corona at all so that was great. I just saw people wanting to go about their business and get on with life. Now I log on to the BBC site and see Shrek's ugly mug and the headline something about guinea pigs. No thanks.

Not sure about next weekend but I'm sure something will come up.
I live about 6 miles from Woking and used to spend a lot of time in the stands at the Kingfield..what was the score?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

faaip wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 5:57 pm I live about 6 miles from Woking and used to spend a lot of time in the stands at the Kingfield..what was the score?
Sorry mate I don't know where I got Woking from. Town were playing Ebbsfleet. Woking's game was called off.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79004
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by The Subhuman »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:19 pm Sorry mate I don't know where I got Woking from. Town were playing Ebbsfleet. Woking's game was called off.
No worries, I did google it and Woking won there the week before 2-0
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79004
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 6:42 pm The non-compliance of inanimate objects.
ahh, you have something there.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 19296
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:19 pm
Twitter: @Becchiobear
Location: Bramley Leeds

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by becchio bear »

Kids in supermarket trolleys. No, I don't mean those in the little seats at the front of the trolleys or babies in the lay down seats. I'm talking about those kids in the base of a trolley, they are able bodied, can walk, their shoes have been pounding pavements, might have dog s**t etc on them and they are in trolleys where we put our food!!! Absolutely disgusting. :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by 1964white »

becchio bear wrote: ↑Sun Mar 15, 2020 7:03 pm Kids in supermarket trolleys. No, I don't mean those in the little seats at the front of the trolleys or babies in the lay down seats. I'm talking about those kids in the base of a trolley, they are able bodied, can walk, their shoes have been pounding pavements, might have dog s**t etc on them and they are in trolleys where we put our food!!! Absolutely disgusting. :bear:
Once again all down to bad parenting young lady :(
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

People walking around supermarkets in their dressing gowns. I appreciate not everyone will have experienced this phenomenon but trust me it does happen.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by HarryofOz »

i did mention earlier that selfishness annoys me - which could encompass a whole range of actions which are too many to mention

But one thing that does annoy me - which isn't an act of selfishness - is hearing people eat on the train (or other forms of public transport). And it doesn't bother me on a plane or a boat, just land-based transport.

I don't know why I find it annoying, but I just do.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155173
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by 1964white »

No acknowledgement of a thank you after holding the door open for the person behind you
User avatar
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 4012
Joined: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:08 pm
Twitter: @richleeds64
Location: Leeds LS27

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by rich_leeds64 »

People who park in the “parent and child” spaces who think because they have a child seat in the car but no child it’s still ok or worse still the ones who pull into disabled spaces and sprint to the cash machine or do the shopping, just because they can’t park elsewhere and walk the extra 30-40metres
User avatar
Irish Ian
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 17183
Joined: Fri Jan 18, 2019 5:53 pm
Location: Directly above the centre of the Earth.

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by Irish Ian »

That bet 365 advert which is stalking me around this site!
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79004
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Mar 17, 2020 7:55 am Snoring. Especially snoring.
Have you tried wearing one of those breathing strips across your nose?
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14629
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by hector »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:54 am I usually just employ sharp elbows.
What do you employ him for??

and how much does he charge??
:)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79004
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by The Subhuman »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Tue Mar 17, 2020 11:54 am It's not me who snores, and even if I did, I wouldn't be annoying myself. I usually just employ sharp elbows.
I had my tongue in cheek...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

This Bet365 ad flashes up every time I go from page to page on here now. I could handle the once a day lark that it was doing but this is just soooo annoying now. Anyone got any tips to get rid. Got ghostery, ad blocker etc but can't get rid!
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14629
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by hector »

ublock origin seems to work on firefox for me
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: Things that annoy you!

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Won't work for me on Chrome despite it saying it is Chrome compatible. I've checked the "click to block all popups on this site" icon but still no joy. Damn.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
Post Reply