The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18th May) - EFL Statement delights Leeds fans

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18th May) - EFL Statement delights Leeds fans

Post by Ellandback1 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:09 pm Hi folks, I took a bit of a break from all things Leeds for a while so haven't been on.

For anyone who has a qualms or pangs of conscience about promoting without having to play out the games just pop over to Youtube and search the Leeds vs West Brom game from April 1971.

If that isn't enough fast forward to Paris 1975.

Those teams were denied the reward due to them because of ineptitude which led to injustice.

Or even look at this season.
Millwall Berras Red and the Penalty. Red overturned retrospectively but Leeds still lost the game.
Fulham Softest penalty in the history of the game
QPR " the sun glare of the sun meant the linesman couldn't see"

So the sooner the powers that be scrap this season, effect promotion and relegation the better.
Ian, History is littered with Leeds being screwed over.

Raul's hand ball

Bowyers suspension in the Champions League

Kewells transfer with unlicenced agent at 2m, which went to Kewell

Istanbul

Leeds 10 point deduction for going into admin, then a further 15 points for acting improperly whilst in admin.

These are just a few things
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Mon 18th May) - EFL Statement delights Leeds fans

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Bogusz been injured hasn't he? Think he looks to have what it takes imo
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:58 pm Bogusz been injured hasn't he? Think he looks to have what it takes imo
I wasn't aware he was injured. He should have got out on loan to get first team experience just like what we did with Beckford when we signed him. We sent him on loan to Carlisle I believe. Their fans must hate us as much as MU
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:54 pm Fulham, still had Brentford, Forest and West Brom to play also.
Yes they had a awful run-in.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ellandback1 wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:56 pm Ian, History is littered with Leeds being screwed over.

Raul's hand ball

Bowyers suspension in the Champions League

Kewells transfer with unlicenced agent at 2m, which went to Kewell

Istanbul

Leeds 10 point deduction for going into admin, then a further 15 points for acting improperly whilst in admin.

These are just a few things
Add to that & Ian's injustices

Two goals disallowed in the last five minutes in a FA Cup semi-final v Chelsea at Villa Park

AC Milan in the Cup-Winners Cup Final in Salonika - referee banned from officiating ever again
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ahh the old two wrongs to make a right theory ...If we can't play football again then a weighted PPG including SOS and venue. Plus IIRC Fulham like us have struggled v lower quality teams so I'd imagine a tough run in would have suited them plus if they beat us and Brom that really closes gaps...lets not be so arrogant to assume they couldn't ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon May 18, 2020 7:09 pm Hi folks, I took a bit of a break from all things Leeds for a while so haven't been on.
Missed you in our Album of the Year polls Ian
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:46 am Missed you in our Album of the Year polls Ian
Cheers, I will try and pick it up from here on.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:18 pm Cheers, I will try and pick it up from here on.
Good man :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 11:07 am Ahh the old two wrongs to make a right theory ...If we can't play football again then a weighted PPG including SOS and venue. Plus IIRC Fulham like us have struggled v lower quality teams so I'd imagine a tough run in would have suited them plus if they beat us and Brom that really closes gaps...lets not be so arrogant to assume they couldn't ...
Without Mitrovic they would be halfway down the league.

Chatting with my accountant/Fuham fan last week, he doesn't think the cottagers are ready for a return to the premiership yet, also said they have rode their luck a few times this season however from what he has seen he does think Leeds (in particular) & West Brom are the two best sides in the championship