Anonymous wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:11 am
Maybe a pre arranged pm chain where each person sends to two people that they know. Nothing would have to appear on the board then, and one person wouldn't be stuck sending all the messages. Still leaves the question of who to include, though.
Or even those who find these links letting us know 'how they find these streams? through pm's
How do you find these links in the first place?
Do you have to sign up to these sites even though they claim they are free?
I was looking for a Man City v Arsenal link to no avail, in fact I came nowhere close
Links come from facebook or twitter groups that are either closed or impossible to search for..I have a link or three for those but they may have "moved" since last used
VIPbox, Firstrow sports can be useful, especially for non Leeds games for some reason, make sure you run adblock and even then you'll get a couple. Be patient with those
Hiding links in a thread somewhere..IE "Sara's 50 things you can do with a guitar amp" Page 3 halfway down or something, as one solution..pm everyone you need to in the week before the game the thread, page and make it an edit not a new post so it doesn't rise to the top of the page and no seachable words like link for the game to be used.
I'm usually around for the games, especially now and for the foreseeable future. So I could do that..though my partner is a bit off colour at the moment and I'm in nurse mode a bit
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
To return to the original question, I'd have thought the best way to watch the remaining 9 games would be from behind the settee, through fingers over the eyes...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...
barryanorak wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 3:09 pm
To return to the original question, I'd have thought the best way to watch the remaining 9 games would be from behind the settee, through fingers over the eyes...
I always find watching Leeds on the telly more nerve-racking than being at the actual games, thankfully we have a settee
faaip wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 12:10 pm
Links come from facebook or twitter groups that are either closed or impossible to search for..I have a link or three for those but they may have "moved" since last used
VIPbox, Firstrow sports can be useful, especially for non Leeds games for some reason, make sure you run adblock and even then you'll get a couple. Be patient with those
Hiding links in a thread somewhere..IE "Sara's 50 things you can do with a guitar amp" Page 3 halfway down or something, as one solution..pm everyone you need to in the week before the game the thread, page and make it an edit not a new post so it doesn't rise to the top of the page and no seachable words like link for the game to be used.
I'm usually around for the games, especially now and for the foreseeable future. So I could do that..though my partner is a bit off colour at the moment and I'm in nurse mode a bit
Anonymous wrote: ↑Fri Jun 19, 2020 2:27 pm
Hiding links in an unconnected thread sounds like a good idea. Still requires a decision about who to inform and who not though. Maybe a low post threshold, like twenty posts, to root out people just joining to rumble streams, but without excluding genuine recent members.