Derby county

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Derby county

Post by Currie14 »

Just realised that Derby are going to have a huge part to play in the run in to decide Auto's and play off's.

They still have to play Leeds, Brentford and Forest at home and WBA away.

Over the course of the season so far they are statistically the best side in the division at home (pretty ropey away) and are in great form it seems.

It would be them :evil:
gessa

Re: Derby county

Post by gessa »

They have Preston and Cardiff too. So that's 6 of the top 7 as it stands.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Derby should hold no fears for us. We outplayed them 3 times out of 4 last season and were outplaying them in the 4th match when we self imploded. Derby just took advantage of us gifting them the game.

This season we absolutely annihilated them and should have won 6 or 7-0. Yes they have improved with Rooney but judging by the fact they have 6 of the top 7 teams to play it might just be that they have had a good run of form because they haven't been playing any of the better teams and in a match between 2 poor teams then they have the x factor of Rooney being able to create or score a goal from nothing.

Would be nice if we'd secured promotion before then. We could all go down to Derby and stand outside their ground during the game with binoculars.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

weasel wrote:Derby should hold no fears for us. We outplayed them 3 times out of 4 last season and were outplaying them in the 4th match when we self imploded. Derby just took advantage of us gifting them the game.

This season we absolutely annihilated them and should have won 6 or 7-0. Yes they have improved with Rooney but judging by the fact they have 6 of the top 7 teams to play it might just be that they have had a good run of form because they haven't been playing any of the better teams and in a match between 2 poor teams then they have the x factor of Rooney being able to create or score a goal from nothing.

Would be nice if we'd secured promotion before then. We could all go down to Derby and stand outside their ground during the game with binoculars.
ImageImageImage

Sent from my moto g(8) power using Tapatalk

Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

weasel wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:05 am Derby should hold no fears for us. We outplayed them 3 times out of 4 last season and were outplaying them in the 4th match when we self imploded. Derby just took advantage of us gifting them the game.

Great Idea re the binoculars, I live 15 mins from their ground, you can smell the bullshit as you drive past
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What about the points deduction due to them ?
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Not bad if you can get your sponsor (32 Red, oh wait a minute) to pay your star players wages. What happened to fair competition? Does anyone know if 32 Red are paying Augustin's wages. Its fair to say he's had a positive impact at Derby Rooney.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:01 pm What about the points deduction due to them ?
Sending them down whilst clinching the title at shame park would be my preferred outcome.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

1964white wrote:What about the points deduction due to them ?
All gone quiet on that front.

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

They have broke every rule in the rule book apart from peeping through a fence :roll:
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

One of my least favourite teams after last years Spygate nonsense, talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.
What should have happened is that the football league should have simply contacted Bielsa to say that whilst we realise no law has been broken this sort of thing is not acceptable in English Football please refrain from doing it in future. Bielsa being the honourable and honest man in football would have apologised and agreed not to do it again and that should have the end of the matter.
But oh no! Fuelled by the Leeds hating football establishment, the Leeds hating media and the establishment’s beloved fat a Frank (who was never brought to task for allegedly lying to the press initially about bolt cutters, trespassing etc.) the media frenzy carried on for months giving the impression the Leeds had committed the worst crime ever known to man. This culminated in an unprecedented £200000 fine (for not breaking any laws, football or civil) and was probably ultimately responsible, due to the distraction caused, for Leeds not being promoted last season.
I hope they get a massive points deduction for their cynical flouting of FFP rules but I’m not holding breath given that another of the media and football establishment’s darlings fat Wayne is now in the Derby fold.
Still it would be nice for us to seal promotion when we play them in a week or twos time.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I expect Tom Lawrence is going to get a three game ban as well after his red card for the headbutt on Saturday.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 4:52 pm They have broke every rule in the rule book apart from peeping through a fence :roll:
That rule wasn't in the rule book though....
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

SaraM wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:19 pm Sending them down whilst clinching the title at shame park would be my preferred outcome.
That’d be sweet
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Declared Champions by beating them, so they have to give us a guard of honour off the pitch, then nick their open top bus that will be parked outside as they’d hope to get to drive it through the city to celebrate their biggest game of the year.
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Ratscoot wrote:Declared Champions by beating them, so they have to give us a guard of honour off the pitch, then nick their open top bus that will be parked outside as they’d hope to get to drive it through the city to celebrate their biggest game of the year.
Driven by Tom Lawrence Image

gessa

Post by gessa »

One of their players, Andre Wisdom, in hospital after being stabbed during an assault and robbery in Toxteth, Liverpool.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Wisdom's a Leeds fan, apparently. Get well soon.
LevLeeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Twitter: @Simonlev99

Post by LevLeeds »

Velotrax wrote: Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:57 pm Great Idea re the binoculars, I live 15 mins from their ground, you can smell the bullshit as you drive past
Where you from mate?? I'm a Spondon lad originally.
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Ilkeston bud