Kiko Casilla

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Kiko Casilla

Post by Irish Ian »

While I may admire his guts to play on is our sub keeper just there to look good?

If he was injured he should have went off.

Self before side?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Can't have been a problem playing with the hand, maybe a slight strain.

So is today the day we hear or is the FA/FL going to stretch it out again?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 12:26 pm
So is today the day we hear or is the FA/FL going to stretch it out again?
Longest 24 hrs since 'The Longest Day'

Must be a real bugger looking for loopholes...
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

barryanorak wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 2:57 pm Longest 24 hrs since 'The Longest Day'

Must be a real bugger looking for loopholes...
Ah, just the man. Would you care to nominate THRAK as your favourite album of 1995 so I can vote for it, please?

And so that Hector has to listen to it.

Thank you!
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

SaraM wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:17 pm Ah, just the man. Would you care to nominate THRAK as your favourite album of 1995 so I can vote for it, please?

And so that Hector has to listen to it.

Thank you!
:twisted:
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Feb 23, 2020 9:10 pm While I may admire his guts to play on is our sub keeper just there to look good?

If he was injured he should have went off.

Self before side?
Obviously Kiko and physio thought he was ok to play and he did save us right at the death. No point changing things unless it had been serious.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm very ok with Casilla starting, never thought for a minute he was affected by the probably baseless accusations. His woes were just the usual goalkeeping stuff, most keepers go through that sort of phase periodically, it's the nature of the beast
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do think Meslier is a good keeper though, toss of a coin for me which is better
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:30 pm I'm very ok with Casilla starting, never thought for a minute he was affected by the probably baseless accusations. His woes were just the usual goalkeeping stuff, most keepers go through that sort of phase periodically, it's the nature of the beast
Exactly. If he was a bag of nerves from start to finish of a game then you think he is distracted. Keepers beaten at the near post happens, keepers not being great on crosses happens and he wasn't the greatest at dealing with crosses prior to the charge.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kiko is expected to stay according to Phil Hay.

Not happy about this.

Goalie was a priority imo.

Kiko is iffy and Meslier is untested and inexperienced.

Number 1 goalkeeper should have been a priority imo, goalkeeper is one of 2 positions with striker you cant mess about with.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Eireleeds1
Youth Team
Youth Team
Twitter: @kevingaff

Post by Eireleeds1 »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm Kiko is expected to stay according to Phil Hay.

Not happy about this.

Number 1 goalkeeper should have been a priority imo, goalkeeper is one of 2 positions with striker you cant mess about with.
I’d imagine he proved impossible to get rid of. Grossly overpaid and not even Championship standard, let alone PL
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:58 pm Kiko is expected to stay according to Phil Hay.

Not happy about this.

I think they needed Kiko to leave before they targetted a new keeper. And there doesn't seem to be any takers. If they'd signed someone else they'd be stuck with Kiko's $40k wages.

That said, I'd put money on him starting the season. I just think Meslier is not quite ready. And, maybe by having Kiko start, it will keep him in the shop window (knock on wood)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:20 pm I think they needed Kiko to leave before they targetted a new keeper. And there doesn't seem to be any takers. If they'd signed someone else they'd be stuck with Kiko's $40k wages.

That said, I'd put money on him starting the season. I just think Meslier is not quite ready. And, maybe by having Kiko start, it will keep him in the shop window (knock on wood)
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

weasel wrote: Mon Feb 24, 2020 6:28 pm Exactly. If he was a bag of nerves from start to finish of a game then you think he is distracted. Keepers beaten at the near post happens, keepers not being great on crosses happens and he wasn't the greatest at dealing with crosses prior to the charge.
Makes perfect sense as to why we signed him.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Let's not forget the cross he let through his legs last week.

Anyway it is all set up for him to play a blinder in our game tomorrow.

Is it still PC to say "blinder?" :duno:
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
hector

Post by hector »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 8:34 am
Is it still PC to say "blinder?" :duno:
it is easier to say than
visually challened er

:)
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

kiko the clown
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

I was worried that Meslier looks a little young and lightweight still. But he was brilliant against Liverpool and showed a really good head.

Meslier is first choice.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Messlier always looks to me like he is an outfield player that suddenly got put in net cos the first choice keeper got injured. Not sure what it is, his stance, the way he dives etc but is possibly down to his age and maybe he wasn't a keeper till his teens.

Did well today and hopefully will continue to improve.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

What’s he on a week? 40k? Not massive money, you’d imagine someone would take him? Hope he moves on and we can replace him
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..