Leeds v Newcastle Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI to face Magpies

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
rab_rant

Re: Leeds v Newcastle Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI to face Magpies

Post by rab_rant »

Here is a Stat for you.
Lord Bamford has set a record of scoring 35 goals under the management of Bielsa making him the top scorer in all of Bielsa's management career.

I bet Marcelo has filed that stat away in the corner of his memory somewhere.

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:27 pm I thought we looked stronger with Struijk at CB over Cooper. MB has to realise we need to change something rather than relying on favourites.
Struijk got to play with Koch though and not Ayling plus Coop is the captain..Really don't see him losing that honour anytime soon
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:09 pm Here is a Stat for you.
Lord Bamford has set a record of scoring 35 goals under the management of Bielsa making him the top scorer in all of Bielsa's management career.

I like it Rab. :tup:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:14 pmShould be 10
More even :shock: to consider how poor he was in front of goal last season, he has been amazing, I wonder what the club would do should a big bid come in for him in January
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

Cjay wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:54 pm Still confused by KP's corner.

What was he trying to do?

4th goal was great to see, 4,5 on 2.
What I liked best with the 4th was how Klich took himself out of the play knowing he was offside. Otherwise he would have completely ruined a rush with all kinds of potential. Wonderful awareness that salted the game away.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

onemoreslogan wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:26 pm What I liked best with the 4th was how Klich took himself out of the play knowing he was offside. Otherwise he would have completely ruined a rush with all kinds of potential. Wonderful awareness that salted the game away.
Kp? :) :tup:
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

dezzy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:25 pm More even :shock: to consider how poor he was in front of goal last season, he has been amazing, I wonder what the club would do should a big bid come in for him in January
If it was anything above £15m i would flog him. :lol:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:09 pm Here is a Stat for you.

The £7m we paid for Paddy has proved a bargain
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

onemoreslogan wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:26 pm What I liked best with the 4th was how Klich took himself out of the play knowing he was offside. Otherwise he would have completely ruined a rush with all kinds of potential. Wonderful awareness that salted the game away.
I'm going to watch the game again tonight over my tea so I can analyze the game better without a squeaky bum. Things like Klich's awareness for the 4th were missed by me.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

dezzy wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:25 pm More even :shock: to consider how poor he was in front of goal last season, he has been amazing, I wonder what the club would do should a big bid come in for him in January
Take it and run tbh! Imagine how many a clinical striker would score!
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:30 pm The £7m we paid for Paddy has proved a bargain
Yep, Paddy has paid his transfer fee back in spades this season. Also has kept my FPL team ticking over with his goals and assists.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:24 pm Alioski's goal made up for him being at fault for their first goal. Otherwise he wasn't great.
Awful defending for their first

Klich jogs to the man on the flank, stuck a token leg out which was never going to stop the cross, Ayling is beaten in the air with the flick on, Alioski is caught ball watching at the back post allowing Hendrick to slot home with considerable ease.

Not taking anything away from our victory but we were woeful & nervous at the back v a poor jaded Newcastle side. Attacking-wise we made the geordies look daft
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lumiukko wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:32 pm Yep, Paddy has paid his transfer fee back in spades this season. Also has kept my FPL team ticking over with his goals and assists.
I hate to think where we would be without him Lumi, his all-round game was brilliant once again
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Another quick point. We know that beating the bottom few teams home and away will likely keep us up, so it's good we got the 3 points in this game.

In the next 5 we have, Scum, Burnley, WBA, Spurs, Brighton. 9 points from Burnley, WBA, and Brighton would have us in a wonderful place. Don't expect anything from the Scum or Spurs matches, but if we could sneak a point from one of those, particularly Scum, Lumi will be a very happy man.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:11 pm Struijk got to play with Koch though and not Ayling plus Coop is the captain..Really don't see him losing that honour anytime soon
I don't think Bielsa will go down the Struijk road unless it's a enforced change Faaip
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

1964white wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:41 pm I hate to think where we would be without him Lumi, his all-round game was brilliant once again
Indeed '64. I was a huge knocker of his game last season but he's clearly worked his arse off to improve his all round game and he's been a revelation this season. Still misses a fair few but has become more clinical this season. Hugely deserves his starting spot and with Klich and KP has to be in the starting XI every week.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Referring to the goal that was never given
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 9:11 pm Struijk got to play with Koch though and not Ayling plus Coop is the captain..Really don't see him losing that honour anytime soon
When Cooper played with Koch, we conceded 8 v Leicester and Palace.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The stuff Klich does often goes unnoticed here but yes I saw that too
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Lumiukko wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 8:29 pm In agreement. Showed tonight what he could have offered last week.
Whole heartedly agree... but I dont think he was ready last week...