The Film and Television Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
rab_rant

Re: The Film Thread

Post by rab_rant »

Finnish TV is running a season of movies by women directors. last night I watched Detroit about the riots of 1967. Very harrowing experience looking at police brutality and stupidity... coupled with corrupt judicial system.
https://youtu.be/BAtueMG-s-o

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

TwatsBack
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 254
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 6:56 am
Twitter: @armleywhite

Re: The Film Thread

Post by TwatsBack »

One film to avoid. Far North with Sean Bean. Dear god, plot is crap, acting is crap ending is utterly awful. I cannot believe i sat and watched that bag o shite. I suppose I just anted it to get better, it didn't. Save yourself 90 odd mins of life sapping bollocks. You have been warned.
Yup, it's me.
User avatar
wilsdenwhite
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1476
Joined: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:35 am

Re: The Film Thread

Post by wilsdenwhite »

Currently working my way through the Sergio Leone westerns. What a master of his craft he was. The Dollars trilogy need no introduction of course and each are very memorable in their own right. Once Upon a Time in the West is simply a masterpiece. Such a great cast all on the top of their game with stellar performances from Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, Charles Bronson and others. Today I watched A Fistful of Dynamite which is considered to be Leone's least favoured spaghetti western but I seem to like it more and more each viewing. I think if you love westerns you'll agree all Leone's films rightly earn their place among the greatest ever, made all the more brilliant by the score's from Ennio Morricone, another master of his craft.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18295
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Muppet the Cat »

wilsdenwhite wrote: ↑Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:17 pm Currently working my way through the Sergio Leone westerns. What a master of his craft he was. The Dollars trilogy need no introduction of course and each are very memorable in their own right. Once Upon a Time in the West is simply a masterpiece. Such a great cast all on the top of their game with stellar performances from Henry Fonda, Claudia Cardinale, Charles Bronson and others. Today I watched A Fistful of Dynamite which is considered to be Leone's least favoured spaghetti western but I seem to like it more and more each viewing. I think if you love westerns you'll agree all Leone's films rightly earn their place among the greatest ever, made all the more brilliant by the score's from Ennio Morricone, another master of his craft.
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly one of my favourite ever films Wilsden :)
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Film Thread

Post by 1964white »

Enjoying Amazon Prime.....two very different films

Christmas Eve

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.52.15.png
Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.52.15.png (323.93 KiB) Viewed 4716 times

Christmas Day

Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.54.20.png
Screenshot 2020-12-25 at 21.54.20.png (345.69 KiB) Viewed 4716 times
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Film Thread

Post by hector »

Both very good films '64

We re-watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang yesterday evening.....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
billysboots
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1490
Joined: Mon May 26, 2003 7:29 am
Location: N.Ireland

Re: The Film Thread

Post by billysboots »

I watched The Midnight Sky with George Clooney last night.
Really enjoyed it, might be too sombre for some.
There Is Only One United.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Film Thread

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Sat Dec 26, 2020 3:35 am Both very good films '64

We re-watched Chitty Chitty Bang Bang yesterday evening.....
I found both the Bob films very emotional as I'm a cat/dog lover, Lassie always made me cry when I was a kid :verysad:
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Film Thread

Post by hector »

I generally like animals more than people....
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11893
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Has anyone seen Hector?

download.jpeg
download.jpeg (8.35 KiB) Viewed 4591 times
User avatar
Ellandback1
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 11893
Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
Twitter: @EllandBack1
Location: The truth is out there

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Ellandback1 »

Or Leon?

DHS-_L%3Fon_The_Professional_movie_poster.jpg
DHS-_L%3Fon_The_Professional_movie_poster.jpg (35.28 KiB) Viewed 4587 times
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Film Thread

Post by hector »

Yup :mrgreen:

to be fair, Hector is a good film, nice and tranquil and slow moving...... Just like I am now.... :P

:) :)

Leon is violent :shock: :shock:
:)
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: The Film Thread

Post by Smudge3920 »

Last night watched a 2012 release , cannot believe I have not watched sooner..."Cloud Atlas" Fantastic array of actor's. great script really enjoyed it...

Hector/Leon ... I watched 1917 when released, and I was somewhat dissapointed, great cinematography, and effects, but I found the plot/storyline somewhat lacking... I do intend to watch it again at some point to see if I missed something.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Film Thread

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 12.37.19.png
Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 12.37.19.png (219.95 KiB) Viewed 4508 times


Watched this last night, a heartbreaking true story.

If you are a animal/dog lover, get the tissues out folks

No wonder I couldn't sleep last night


Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 12.49.57.png
Screenshot 2020-12-29 at 12.49.57.png (372.71 KiB) Viewed 4494 times
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Film Thread

Post by hector »

Saw that a few years ago, very sad indeed..

Meeta had a picture of the dog as his avatar for a while.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: The Film Thread

Post by White Riot »

A Quiet Place - suspenseful horror :twisted:
rab_rant

Re: The Film Thread

Post by rab_rant »

If you want a real tear jerker try "I am Sam" with Sean Penn

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: The Film Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Cracking movie

4 Downton cast, 1 Doc Martin receptionist and a Game of Thrones hunk for the lasses ...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155150
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: The Film Thread

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 1:43 pm Saw that a few years ago, very sad indeed..

Meeta had a picture of the dog as his avatar for a while.
Oh yes so he did

That film is so sad I don't think I could watch it again, the devotion Haichi showed to his owner typifies a loyal dog/animal
User avatar
hector
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 14625
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
Location: In a wood

Re: The Film Thread

Post by hector »

1964white wrote: ↑Tue Dec 29, 2020 3:45 pm Oh yes so he did

That film is so sad I don't think I could watch it again, the devotion Haichi showed to his owner typifies a loyal dog/animal
Mrs H and I discussed that too, and we can't watch it again either...
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
Post Reply