Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds United v Everton
Leeds United
Leeds United
1–2
Premier League
03/02/2021
Elland Road
Everton
Everton
All-time record vs Everton
124
Played
53
Won
35
Drawn
36
Lost
+14
GD
43%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
62
Played
39
Won
17
Drawn
6
Lost
+58
GD
63%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
28/11/2020 Goodison Park 0–1 W Premier League ↗
25/09/2012 Elland Road 2–1 W Capital One Cup 3rd Round ↗
13/04/2004 Elland Road 1–1 D Premier League ↗
28/09/2003 Goodison Park 4–0 L Premier League ↗
01/02/2003 Goodison Park 2–0 L Premier League ↗
All-time top scorers vs Everton
#PlayerGoals
1 Peter Lorimer 8
2 Billy Bremner 6
3 Gordon Hodgson 5
4 Allan Clarke 5
5 Mick Jones 5
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling
Def Struijk
Def Cooper ©
Def Alioski
Mid Phillips
Mid Klich
Def Dallas
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
SUB Roberts
SUB Hernandez
SUB Costa
Unused Substitutes
-- Casilla
-- Davis
-- Cresswell
-- Shackleton
-- Jenkins
-- Huggins
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by The Subhuman »

Thank you..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 5:45 pm I do think that was probably Bielsa's thinking 64. Incredible that both our new signings got injured at the same time.
Without sounding like a broken record Swannie we spent £30m + on two international CB's for a good reason.
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:43 pm Without sounding like a broken record Swannie we spent £30m + on two international CB's for a good reason.
That is a fact Leon, I dont think anyone disputes it, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that,and I also believe Coops was well aware the writing was on the wall and his role would reduce... that said like you , not wanting to sound like a broken record... You cannot fault Coops for the overall job he has done standing in throughout this injury crisis...
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by 1964white »

Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:08 pm That is a fact Leon, I dont think anyone disputes it, the best laid plans of mice and men and all that,and I also believe Coops was well aware the writing was on the wall and his role would reduce... that said like you , not wanting to sound like a broken record... You cannot fault Coops for the overall job he has done standing in throughout this injury crisis...
No you can't fault Coops, he's done a decent job at this level.
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by BobHirst »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 1:01 am Just sick and tired of the slagging off of our players. Newly promoted, doing their best. Just take a look at Fulham and WBA FFS! We are 11th in the PREMIER LEAGUE......'nuff said
I'm not picking on anyone in particular but I don't think you can disagree that as a team we do not defend set pieces very well.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155154
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by 1964white »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:25 pm I'm not picking on anyone in particular but I don't think you can disagree that as a team we do not defend set pieces very well
Even Bielsa said the goals were 'preventable' so I think our fans have the right to comment about our defending Bob.
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by whiteswan »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:25 pm I'm not picking on anyone in particular but I don't think you can disagree that as a team we do not defend set pieces very well.
We could do better at set pieces Bob and I'm not denying that, but as some on here have said, we are basically playing with a Championship team. We of course invested in two international defenders....crocked from the start of the season so our Championship defence is having to give it a go and they are doing their best. Not really their fault if they aren't up to Premier Leaugue standard but at least they are trying. Everyone makes mistakes........11th in the Premier League ain't bad :)
User avatar
BobHirst
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3452
Joined: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by BobHirst »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 12:40 am We could do better at set pieces Bob and I'm not denying that, but as some on here have said, we are basically playing with a Championship team. We of course invested in two international defenders....crocked from the start of the season so our Championship defence is having to give it a go and they are doing their best. Not really their fault if they aren't up to Premier Leaugue standard but at least they are trying. Everyone makes mistakes........11th in the Premier League ain't bad :)
11th is fantastic. I think its quite a few places higher than where most of us thought we'd be. Just imagine where we could be if we can figure out how to defend a bit better.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by The Subhuman »

BobHirst wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:49 am 11th is fantastic. I think its quite a few places higher than where most of us thought we'd be. Just imagine where we could be if we can figure out how to defend a bit better.
Oh that's easy, have a settled defence...
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Thanks for all the nice comments Cjay, Danhirons, Byebye, Faaip and White Riot - all very much appreciated. It looks like I am staying after all.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Player Ratings Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by The Subhuman »

:tup:
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
Aussieleeds
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:53 am

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by Aussieleeds »

It’s totally amazing that a team with so few Premier League standard players is currently sitting above 9 other Premier League teams.
What a strange league it is, where half the teams are full of players not good enough to play in this league!?
User avatar
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2390
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2020 5:14 pm
Location: God’s own county (north)

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by Byebyegeegee »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:54 am Thanks for all the nice comments Cjay, Danhirons, Byebye, Faaip and White Riot - all very much appreciated. It looks like I am staying after all.
Glad to hear it Chapel, you know it makes sense 👍🏻
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20737
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by whiteswan »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:54 am Thanks for all the nice comments Cjay, Danhirons, Byebye, Faaip and White Riot - all very much appreciated. It looks like I am staying after all.
You'd have missed us all in no time :)
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by danhirons »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 11:54 am Thanks for all the nice comments Cjay, Danhirons, Byebye, Faaip and White Riot - all very much appreciated. It looks like I am staying after all.
:tup:
danhirons
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3881
Joined: Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 pm

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by danhirons »

I actually disagree a bit with the view that we signed llorente and koch with a view to coops sitting on the bench

I think even with both llorente and koch fit, coops would have started and only been dropped if he started having absolutely stinkers. I feel like Bielsa would want to keep his captain on the pitch and reward him for getting us promoted last season. I think the idea was to have a pool of three centre backs to choose from - should one of them be injured/performing poorly.

But hey, who knows! We signed raph clearly with a view to displacing costa so I could be completely wrong...then again Bamford has kept his place ahead of rodrigo...
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by The Subhuman »

danhirons wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 3:41 pm I actually disagree a bit with the view that we signed llorente and koch with a view to coops sitting on the bench

I think even with both llorente and koch fit, coops would have started and only been dropped if he started having absolutely stinkers. I feel like Bielsa would want to keep his captain on the pitch and reward him for getting us promoted last season. I think the idea was to have a pool of three centre backs to choose from - should one of them be injured/performing poorly.

But hey, who knows! We signed raph clearly with a view to displacing costa so I could be completely wrong...then again Bamford has kept his place ahead of rodrigo...
So do I, to start with MB likes a right footed CB right side and left footed left side and I also agree Coop as club captain stays on the pitch. My guess is Llorente was CB and DMF cover with maybe one eye on losing Kalvin down the road or maybe opening up a 2DMF variation or pushing Kalvin t othe 8. It's all about options but Cooper starts whatever

I also think that MB would disagree this is largely a championship quality team playing out of their skins. I think he believes in his player wholeheartedly
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41696
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by Cjay »

faaip wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:15 pm So do I, to start with MB likes a right footed CB right side and left footed left side and I also agree Coop as club captain stays on the pitch. My guess is Llorente was CB and DMF cover with maybe one eye on losing Kalvin down the road or maybe opening up a 2DMF variation or pushing Kalvin t othe 8. It's all about options but Cooper starts whatever

I also think that MB would disagree this is largely a championship quality team playing out of their skins. I think he believes in his player wholeheartedly
I agree I'm sure he wouldn't describe them as a Championship team but I'm sure MB knows that we havent the most talented group of players atm.

He mentioned against Leicester i think how we basically have to play at our maximum to compete in this league and cant let levels drop.

Some people seem to take offense to the term "Championship players" but i think most of our lads who have spent all their careers in the lower leagues and arent spring chickens know that they got to the Prem through hard work and effort not because they are phenomenally talented.

Thats not a criticism imo they deserve credit for the effort but its also not wrong to say on a talent level they probably are almost all playing above their level hence why running around a lot and using fitness is crucial.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78993
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by The Subhuman »

Cjay wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:11 pm I agree I'm sure he wouldn't describe them as a Championship team but I'm sure MB knows that we havent the most talented group of players atm.

He mentioned against Leicester i think how we basically have to play at our maximum to compete in this league and cant let levels drop.

Some people seem to take offense to the term "Championship players" but i think most of our lads who have spent all their careers in the lower leagues and arent spring chickens know that they got to the Prem through hard work and effort not because they are phenomenally talented.

Thats not a criticism imo they deserve credit for the effort but its also not wrong to say on a talent level they probably are almost all playing above their level hence why running around a lot and using fitness is crucial.
I think it's the group of players he wants....big names have big ego's and he hates that. I don't think any team can get away very long playing half arsed football, so the rest of the division too knows they can't let levels drop.

You may not consider it an insult but it is ..
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager
Posts: 3891
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2020 11:57 am

Re: Leeds United v Everton Match Thread - Bamford & Raphinha Start

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Fri Feb 05, 2021 2:28 pm You'd have missed us all in no time :)
:)
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply