Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Leeds United v Crystal Palace
Leeds United
Leeds United
2–0
Premier League
08/02/2021
Elland Road
Crystal Palace
Crystal Palace
All-time record vs Crystal Palace
71
Played
32
Won
19
Drawn
20
Lost
+31
GD
45%
Win %
Home record at Elland Road
37
Played
25
Won
5
Drawn
7
Lost
+41
GD
68%
Win %
DateGroundScoreCompetition
07/11/2020 Selhurst Park 4–1 L Premier League ↗
09/03/2013 Selhurst Park 2–2 D Championship ↗
24/11/2012 Elland Road 2–1 W Championship ↗
14/01/2012 Selhurst Park 1–1 D Championship ↗
10/09/2011 Elland Road 3–2 W Championship ↗
All-time top scorers vs Crystal Palace
#PlayerGoals
1 Luciano Becchio 5
2 Peter Lorimer 5
3 John Sheridan 4
4 Russell Wainscoat 3
5 Percy Whipp 3
Starting XI
Goa Meslier
Def Ayling
Def Struijk
Def Cooper ©
Def Alioski
Mid Phillips
Def Dallas
Mid Klich
Mid Harrison
For Bamford
Substitutes
Unused Substitutes
-- Roberts
-- Casilla
-- Costa
-- Davis
-- Gelhardt
-- Cresswell
-- Jenkins
-- Huggins
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team
Posts: 1844
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:18 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Boo Radley »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:17 pm Hope so :tup: But the top 6 always get their way in the end. Could even see Barca or Real Madrid interested in him.
Sadly, that’s probably true. If that’s the case the club must make it as expensive as possible for them. Then we go again :tup:
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:22 pm At least he has a go, scored a few good uns an'all :)
Indeed Jack has Swannie, took his goal well tonight which obviously settled us down from the start.
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Posts: 565
Joined: Mon Dec 30, 2019 8:50 am

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

Ron Swanson wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 10:02 pm Excellent performance.

No stupid passing at the back, looking dangerous at all times going forward.

10/10.
well we did, but got away with it,

first halk spider boy only just got to ball before palace, second half, struyk slipped in possession as last man, just managed to recover in time
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6750
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Carrick Dave »

Smudge3920 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:20 pm IMO in the long term I think we have the more all round player...not that I am not a fan of white's as well... but overall Struijk for me will be the better long term player
I think I agree Smudge - the perceived difference in quality even at this point would make me hesitate to chase Ben again in the summer with a £25+m price tag.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:12 pm Until I saw that stat tonight, I didn't realise how many times we've hit the woodwork.
14 times this season, highest in the PL

We are top of a league :lol:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by SG90 »

Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:17 pm I remember reading that he’s supposed to be one of the best passers in the squad, hence the Phillips - backup experiment.

How do you think he measures up compared to White last year?
Struijk is doing it in the PL, while White did it in the Championship. And he's 2 years younger.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by SG90 »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 pm 14 times this season, highest in the PL

We are top of a league :lol:
I had a feeling we'd be top.
gessa

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by gessa »

Jack Harrison's opener (2 minutes 35 seconds) was Leeds' fastest Premier League goal since ***** ******** netted against Blackburn Rovers back in April 2004 (second minute).

Anyone know the scorer?
User avatar
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 20738
Joined: Tue Mar 06, 2012 1:10 am

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by whiteswan »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:25 pm well we did, but got away with it,

first halk spider boy only just got to ball before palace, second half, struyk slipped in possession as last man, just managed to recover in time
That's what the great teams do....get away with things

That's what the goalkeeper is there for....to get there (just or not)

But he managed to recover (Struijk)....after a slip, again that's what good players do, they dont give up
Last edited by whiteswan on Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6750
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Carrick Dave »

SG90 wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:27 pm Struijk is doing it in the PL, while White did it in the Championship. And he's 2 years younger.
He’s really progressed this season - I assume Koch and Llorente will have to fight to regain their place when fit.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 pm Jack Harrison's opener (2 minutes 35 seconds) was Leeds' fastest Premier League goal since ***** ******** netted against Blackburn Rovers back in April 2004 (second minute).

Anyone know the scorer?
Stephen Caldwell header with Viduka scoring the other Leeds goal at Ewood Park. I was there :)
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13923
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by John in Louisiana »

gessa wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:32 pm Jack Harrison's opener (2 minutes 35 seconds) was Leeds' fastest Premier League goal since ***** ******** netted against Blackburn Rovers back in April 2004 (second minute).

Anyone know the scorer?
I took a couple of guesses then googled it. I got it wrong, so I won't say who it was.
gessa

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:36 pm Stephen Caldwell header with Viduka scoring the other Leeds goal at Ewood Park. I was there :)
I knew if anyone knew it would be you. :tup:

Actually forgot he played for us until I saw that stat.
gessa

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:37 pm I took a couple of guesses then googled it. I got it wrong, so I won't say who it was.
John,I could have been guessing until this time next week and still wouldn't have got it
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

Some real horrors playing for us in the PL then

Michael Duberry, Jermaine Pennant & Seth (frigging) Johnson

Is it any wonder why we were relegated :(
User avatar
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 6750
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Carrick Dave »

Anonymous wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 pm Phil Hay pronounces it Stroyick, so I'm going with that.
That’s what I heard too. In my head. :lol:
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155185
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 pm I knew if anyone knew it would be you. :tup:

Actually forgot he played for us until I saw that stat.
Was Caldwell Scottish?
gessa

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:42 pm Was Caldwell Scottish?
Yes got a few caps too.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 23126
Joined: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:29 pm

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by SG90 »

gessa wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:38 pm I knew if anyone knew it would be you. :tup:

Actually forgot he played for us until I saw that stat.
I saw it already on the BBC, so that'd been cheating if I answered. :)
Velotrax

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Velotrax »

1964white wrote: ↑Mon Feb 08, 2021 11:10 pm Jack's good at hitting the woodwork bless him!
A tad harsh Leon, Jack did good tonight...
Nord VPN
Stream games in safety! Get NordVPN with up to 75% off + 3 months free
Get NordVPN →
Post Reply