The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 11th March) Casilla - Deny deny deny

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 11th March) Casilla - Deny deny deny

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 11th March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road

Casilla - Deny deny deny

Leeds shot stopper Kiko Casilla has denied there is a rift between himself and the club following his outburst on Instagram on Tuesday. The 34yo was recently dropped from the first team in favour of 19yo youngster Elia Caprile. The former Real Madrid player also lost his place in the U23's last week at Wolves.

Following his omission from the first team, the Spaniard took to Instagram to write:-
“I’m slow to go, because I believe in changes. And I wait, and I endure, and I keep. But one day I get tired, and without saying anything I leave everything and go. Believe me that once I get tired I won’t come back again, because I give everything before I leave," followed by a succession of emojis indicating he was remaining quiet

Now, I'm not saying Leeds fans are fickle (yeah we are) but hundreds of Leeds fans took to social media to demand an explanation.

The veteran keeper obliged, and posted the following comment on the clubs Fanzone's Instagram:
"honestly, there are people with very boring lives, I have not said anything bad about the club or my situation, they are personal things, not to do with Leeds.
"#mot, followed by a heart emoji in club colours.

Casilla's agent even got in on the act, commenting:-
"He has two more years at Leeds and is more than happy there. "Like every player, he would like to play more, however Illan is doing a very good job and Kiko is always close to support him. "I don't know the exact meaning behind his posts but I don't believe it is about Leeds United,"

Pundit fearful Leeds are running out of steam

Former Villa defender, now pundit Alan Hutton has criticised Bielsa for persevering with his 'man marking' tactics, though admitted to being 'in awe of Leeds non stop style'. He went on to say that it would start to take it's toll on players, identifying Mateusz Klich and Jack Harrison as potential casualties.

“Well, no wonder with the amount of running they have to do. I think everybody would be the same. “It’s one of those teams where they are at 110 per cent always, literally always. They do man for man marking that still baffles me. The way the season has gone, it’s their first season back, some of the best teams, best players that you’ll play against and there’s been no pre-season.

“Then to play this style of football, it’s going to have a toll on you. I don’t care who you are as a player and how fit you are. You look at Harrison, he’s been on the bench for the last few games. “I think he’s been outstanding, he can run all day. However, he’s still going to have a blip in form. Everybody else is going to go through that, especially with that style of football.

“I think we’re just seeing that at different periods of different games. The likes of Klich or whatever have been magnificent but they’re going to have ups and downs. I think that’s just part of how it’s going to be when you play that type of football.”

Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 11th March) Casilla - Deny deny deny

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I did say yesterday that for Casilla to go to another club, Leeds would have to either pay him off or make up a large part of his wages, either way it’ll cost us, but I don’t see the point in having a 3rd string goalie costing (reportedly)£50000/week for another 2 years.

Alan Hutton? Are there no two bit ex players who are not so called pundits these days? Having said that though Klich has looked off the pace for a few games now and looked positively dead on his feet against West Ham. Jackie, too, hasn’t looked his best recently either, hmmmm 🤔 !
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I do think we've hit a wall, bit like rookies do in the States, not down to fitness but down to the mental pressures of adjusting to the Premiership and we've had to prepare without a pre season and a slew of injuries

We'll be much better season 2...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Kiko

Once again demonstrating the idiocy of social media. :roll:

Running out of Steam

I can't believe for the life of me the players are tired after so many of them have played 2 Championship seasons with this style. It's just been a recent bad run of results, simple as. We should've really got something against Villa and Wolves for certain, if we got at least a point each out of those games this wouldn't be coming up. If we'd won both the party line would be we're flying.

Once again, can't help but feel we're a victim of our own success. We're in midtable as a newly promoted team and getting doubted, Fulham are fighting for survival and getting talked about like they're going to win the league next season. :roll:
Mountain
First Team
First Team

Post by Mountain »

Casilla's track record on "saying something then denying the obvious inference that others take from it" is truly awful.

Don't think the side is running out of steam at all. A couple of players might be tired, but it's not as if the team is getting completely overrun.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

faaip wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 9:49 am I do think we've hit a wall, bit like rookies do in the States, not down to fitness but down to the mental pressures of adjusting to the Premiership and we've had to prepare without a pre season and a slew of injuries

We'll be much better season 2...
Apart from last season, we have hit a brick wall every season at this point for the last 10 years.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

But not really anytime before under Bielsa ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Casilla.

He has to go regardless, we need a better backup keeper because at the moment we are stuck with Meslier or nobody.

Personally think we made a huge error not going for Emi Martinez.

Hutton.

Entitled to his opinion, i dont like the man to man system anyway.

Chelsea will rip it to pieces again i suspect.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

People always look for reasons for things.

Harrison form dips and it's our style that is behind it. (in other words Biejsa) Same for Klich.

Ignoring the obvious that every player has ups and down in form

It can't always be avoided.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:43 am People always look for reasons for things.

Harrison form dips and it's our style that is behind it. (in other words Biejsa) Same for Klich.

Agreed Ian, it may simply be as simple as that.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 11:43 am People always look for reasons for things.

Liverpool being a prime example.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Reading it again. I guess it could be a message to his wife, girlfriend. :P He's too expensive to have sat around the place. We should try and part-exchange him somehow, somewhere.

I was always fearful of us running out of steam until this season where it seems to have had more time off than Prince Andrew. We do seem to have had some long in-between game time this season, more than i can remember for a long time, maybe 16years? As far as i am aware Murderball only takes place on Wednesdays when we haven't got a game.

I would say Klich is the only one who looks to be out on his feet and tired.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Kiko
IMO we are stuck with him, no one wants him at the salary he is at. His play does not fill anyone with enthusiasm when he has got game time... he has 2 years left on his contract he is not going to take a pay cut, we either pay him out or he is here to stay untill his contract is up.

Running out of steam
Same old same old, all over Leeds when we have a slump, blame it on the system whilst ignoring all the other relevant facts...some teams cant even reach the wall , and some cannot do any wrong when on a losing streak..Liddypool, Spurs...typical pundit clickbait.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Leeds1000 wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 1:44 pm
I would say Klich is the only one who looks to be out on his feet and tired.
Klich with the back injury?
Fridge
First Team
First Team

Post by Fridge »

Regardless of whether Casilla’s post was about Leeds, he has to know that he is a representative of the club and whatever he puts out there will be assumed to be about the club/football.

For this reason it’s often the case that footballers make a post like this to get a reaction, then quickly deny that it is about football at all just to stir things up a bit.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:55 pm Klich with the back injury?
So that's what up with him? Makes you wonder why he is still playing doesn't it? I know we are thin on the ground in midfield but nothing like a bad back to limit mobility.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 9:22 am So that's what up with him? Makes you wonder why he is still playing doesn't it? I know we are thin on the ground in midfield but nothing like a bad back to limit mobility.
Players sometimes have to play through injury if circumstances dictate and Klich has for the most part still been very good. He's been asked to play a different game recently while we find ways to cover for Kalvin so that's why he's less noticeable. His only really off game came in the last one and even then he started well for about 15 minutes.

An integral part of the match day squad.