Tyler Roberts-Birmingham move confirmed

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
LUFC 1966
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Tyler Roberts

Post by LUFC 1966 »

to me Costa and Roberts are both better impact players. Costa was different gravy coming on in the last few games and Tyler has set up 2 goals for Paddy (albeit VAR got the offside down to .01 of a millimeter to disallow one) . Definitely worth a spot in the squad for that ability alone.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Better from Roberts, at least may add some £s to his sale.price.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:36 pm
Better from Roberts, at least may add some £s to his sale.price.
Great game from Roberts today. Hope this is him going forward.

One wonders. Bielsa is very loyal as a manager. he likes Tyler more than anyone on this forum. I think he sees him as a quality player for the future. Plus he doesn't like to make wholesale changes. But maybe? I don't think they'd shop him. What would be tempting? I think 10 or 12 million might have the board thinking?
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:52 pm Great game from Roberts today. Hope this is him going forward.

One wonders. Bielsa is very loyal as a manager. he likes Tyler more than anyone on this forum. I think he sees him as a quality player for the future. Plus he doesn't like to make wholesale changes. But maybe? I don't think they'd shop him. What would be tempting? I think 10 or 12 million might have the board thinking?
I dont rate him and one game doesnt change my mind.

Was better today tbf.

I do think the fact Bielsa did say words to the effect of Roberts only plays because of injuries and needs to show he deserves a place because of his performances instead.

Thats pretty scathing from Bielsa? He doesnt do that often and with Roberts also out of contract in a year it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he was sold this summer?

If after 3 years MB still isnt convinced will the club want to commit to another contract which they would need to if they dont let him go in the summer?
Signed

King Cjay

andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Cjay wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:01 pm I dont rate him and one game doesnt change my mind.

Was better today tbf.

I do think the fact Bielsa did say words to the effect of Roberts only plays because of injuries and needs to show he deserves a place because of his performances instead.

Thats pretty scathing from Bielsa? He doesnt do that often and with Roberts also out of contract in a year it wouldn't be a surprise at all if he was sold this summer?

If after 3 years MB still isnt convinced will the club want to commit to another contract which they would need to if they dont let him go in the summer?
Did he make those comments today? I hadn't heard that. Plus, I wasn't aware of the 1 year on the contract. It does mean a decision has to be made in the summer.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:08 pm Did he make those comments today? I hadn't heard that. Plus, I wasn't aware of the 1 year on the contract. It does mean a decision has to be made in the summer.
Another stop-start season for Tyler Roberts - how is he developing as a player?

You summed it up a little bit. What Tyler needs is to play with continuity, but not because anyone is missing but because he deserves to keep his place.

Depending on this we will see if he is able to consolidate himself as a Premier League player or not.

The game that he played the other day, should allow him to continue in the team but to consolidate himself in the team he needs to improve.

He needs to be able to create more danger and generate fear from the opponents. The game the other day was an excellent first step. But he needs to keep on evolving.

(Said that Vs Southampton, its actually quite a scathing thing for MB to say given.how he rarely criticises players ever).
Signed

King Cjay

Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 5:52 pm Bielsa likes Tyler more than anyone on this forum.
I’m secretly hoping for a birthday card. 8-)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:08 pm Did he make those comments today? I hadn't heard that. Plus, I wasn't aware of the 1 year on the contract. It does mean a decision has to be made in the summer.
Yeah. Interesting for sure. I'd say he met those expectations today. But it does sound like the next 10 games are make or break on whether he gets a new contract or is allowed to leave in the summer.

Plus, if its the last year of his contract, my valuation was too high
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Tyler gives his all, but at the end of the day, it's still f'all, never going to make the grade
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Tyler under contract until June next year
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I hope no one feels that was too biased
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Roberts needs to add a few goals to his game, he has come desperately close lately. That little lob was exquisite.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 6:55 pm I hope no one feels that was too biased
Why would they ?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:14 pm Why would they ?
Was accused of it earlier
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Hey I've been accused of worse...............................................
.............................. and gotten away with it.............................
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Did some good stuff today, but never looks like a goal threat and was greedy when we had 3 players around him available.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

How the f**k doesn't he look a goal threat? ...
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

faaip wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:29 pm How the f**k doesn't he look a goal threat? ...
0 goals all season, 7 goals in 3 seasons perhaps? Are you his mum? I can't understand the blind devotion to such a mediocre player.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:35 pm 0 goals all season, 7 goals in 3 seasons perhaps?
Those stats don't make good reading :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The only goal threat today, disallowed goal and a stunning shot lob which if Raph or Pablo pulled out would have had the forum dribbling in delight bit as it were Roberts it was s**t ...Disallowed goal in the last game, 2 assists recently and that should have been 5 if players could finish simple chances.