Covid

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.

Covid passports

Yes
45%
No
48%
Don't know
7%

Total votes: 44

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Covid passports

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:30 pm This will always be used to justify any imposition they care to make. Authoritarian government has always been welcomed as a necessary protection against some threat or other; it never ends well.
Vaccines have been used for numerous diseases such as smallpox, polio, malaria, measles, mumps, flu, etc over the decades, all effective & necessary.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:58 pm Vaccines have been used for numerous diseases such as smallpox, polio, malaria, measles, mumps, flu, etc over the decades, all effective & necessary.
That's not the point I was making. I was referring to authoritarian developments in government, not the relative efficacy of vaccines.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 12:58 pm Vaccines have been used for numerous diseases such as smallpox, polio, malaria, measles, mumps, flu, etc over the decades, all effective & necessary.
I don't need a passport for any of those and I'm not going to be pointed at and shamed if I don't have the flu jab .....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Again you make sweeping generalisations regarding polio for example

New cases of polio linked to the oral vaccine have been reported in four African countries and more children are now being paralysed by vaccine-derived viruses than those infected by viruses in the wild, according to global health numbers.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and partners identified nine new cases caused by the vaccine in Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic and Angola last week. Along with seven other African countries with outbreaks, cases have also been reported in Asia. In Afghanistan and Pakistan polio remains endemic, and in Pakistan officials have been accused of covering up vaccine-related cases.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

That's all boozers need at the moment to pay for door staff to check to see if people have been jabbed or not. Bar staff won't be able to keep up in busy pubs when people just pass the passport around or whatever. They should stamp people's foreheads when they have had the jab like that geezer Arnold Rimmer.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:09 pm Again you make sweeping generalisations regarding polio for example

New cases of polio linked to the oral vaccine have been reported in four African countries and more children are now being paralysed by vaccine-derived viruses than those infected by viruses in the wild, according to global health numbers.

The World Health Organization (WHO) and partners identified nine new cases caused by the vaccine in Nigeria, the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Central African Republic and Angola last week. Along with seven other African countries with outbreaks, cases have also been reported in Asia. In Afghanistan and Pakistan polio remains endemic, and in Pakistan officials have been accused of covering up vaccine-related cases.
Not at all Rab.

Just making the point vaccines have played a large part for diseases/illnesses for centuries.

Unsure where we would be without them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:01 pm I don't need a passport for any of those and I'm not going to be pointed at and shamed if I don't have the flu jab .....
I never implied you did mate.

As I inferred in my initial posts I very much doubt passports are the way to go.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 5:46 pm That's all boozers need at the moment to pay for door staff to check to see if people have been jabbed or not. Bar staff won't be able to keep up in busy pubs when people just pass the passport around or whatever. They should stamp people's foreheads when they have had the jab like that geezer Arnold Rimmer.
There's no way this idea will work.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:01 pm I never implied you did mate.

As I inferred in my initial posts I very much doubt passports are the way to go.
Think I said earlier the medical professional said she thought it very likely we'd get passports ...Waste of taxpayers money unless we get to pay for them assuming they go the hard copy route. My guess is they stick a bar code on too for easy scanning
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

By the way the jab gave me and I still have, a sore throat, coughing, headache, lower back pain, sore arm (I knew I'd get that) nausea, dizziness, sweats/shivers and fatigue ...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 pm By the way the jab gave me and I still have, a sore throat, coughing, headache, lower back pain, sore arm (I knew I'd get that) nausea, dizziness, sweats/shivers and fatigue ...
Many have suffered the same side-effects apparently.
hector

Post by hector »

Yes I did
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

The passports will never work, and could be the start of a police state!Re after effects of the jab, I'm lucky, I only have a slightly fuzzy headache and my arms a tad sore
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 6:17 pm By the way the jab gave me and I still have, a sore throat, coughing, headache, lower back pain, sore arm (I knew I'd get that) nausea, dizziness, sweats/shivers and fatigue ...
Which one did you have faaip?
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

rab_rant wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:09 pm Again you make sweeping generalisations regarding polio for example

Polio vaccination programmes have reduced cases by 99% worldwide since 1988.
Pakistan and Nigeria were the only two countries that still have significant issues but more to do with vaccine roll out.

Afghanistan are getting more cases now because the vaccinations stopped last year but numbers are relatively small, 50 something in 2020.

Polio is something with no cure the only way is to stop it before it strikes with vaccinations, something the World has done well.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 7:29 pm Which one did you have faaip?
Oxford...I've had to had three hits of Ventolin since so far...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

faaip wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:49 pm Oxford...I've had to had three hits of Ventolin since so far...
I think quite a few people have suffered side effects from the Oxford, hope you feel better soon faaip
whiteroseboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by whiteroseboy »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 8:56 pm I think quite a few people have suffered side effects from the Oxford, hope you feel better soon faaip
I had it and had no side effects, the wife had it last Sunday and had all the symptoms, just about 90% recovered now.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

whiteroseboy wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:04 pm I had it and had no side effects, the wife had it last Sunday and had all the symptoms, just about 90% recovered now.
Same experience for us unfortunately, but the nurse injecting my wife told her that she'd had a reaction to the first dose herself but was fine with the second, so hopefully your good lady will be the same.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Pubs won't as they have had so little money coming in recently that they need every penny.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.