Julian Drexler's name reamerges as a target...

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Julian Drexler's name reamerges as a target...

Post by Smudge3920 »

The 27 year old German, lots of experience, collected some hardware...good pedigree as an AMF... reportedly 30 mill, but also some reports out there that he might be available on a free, so a bit confusing...27 is not off putting, and we do need an additioanl AMF...IMO he would be a definate asset.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Julian Drexler's name reamerges as a target...

Post by SG90 »

He'd be free, PSG are releasing him. Would be a quality signing and obviously the lack of transfer fee would compensate for wages. This is the kind of signing we need if we want to push the top 6 and Bielsa would be the perfect manager to get his career back on track. Hopefully Koch can put in a good word. :tup:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Not for me.

Used to be a class act but has regressed imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Cjay wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 12:47 pm Not for me.

Used to be a class act but has regressed imo.
Not often I disagree with you CJay on transfers, but I seem to remember everyone was saying the same about Cavani last year and look how good he's been. We can't afford to turn our noses up at quality players available on a free.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 1:35 pm Not often I disagree with you CJay on transfers, but I seem to remember everyone was saying the same about Cavani last year and look how good he's been. We can't afford to turn our noses up at quality players available on a free.
He has missed 36 games through injury in the last 3 seasons, so 12 games a season average.

Its to much of a risk imo, Manure can afford to take the risk on Cavani, we cant on Draxler.

I am a fan of him as a player, fully fit and motivated he is a top 6 player (even though he never reached his potential).

But to many red flags.
Signed

King Cjay

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I thought he was s**t at PSG ... feels like another JKA waiting to happen for me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

Wouldn’t touch him with a barge pole. As Cjay mentioned, way too much time out with injuries and probably contaminated at this stage by the entitled and rancid attitudes rampant amongst PSG players.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

A wide variety of comments , exactly what I try to illicit... Injuries are difficult to deal with. and all clubs now have the medical staff to be able to determine the risk factor....
Boo Radley ...said
probably contaminated at this stage by the entitled and rancid attitudes rampant amongst PSG players.
That is the type of comment that does concern me, but again I believe Bielsa is old enough and wise enough to be able to determine if he can deal with it, also if it is the case,remember he will be in a different dressing room and have a squad of guys who believe in team so it would not be easy for him to be that disruptive, and could be brought back in line...

Bottom line for me is we cannot be turning away to quick from players of his quality on a free.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 4:50 pm A wide variety of comments , exactly what I try to illicit... Injuries are difficult to deal with. and all clubs now have the medical staff to be able to determine the risk factor....

That is the type of comment that does concern me, but again I believe Bielsa is old enough and wise enough to be able to determine if he can deal with it, also if it is the case,remember he will be in a different dressing room and have a squad of guys who believe in team so it would not be easy for him to be that disruptive, and could be brought back in line...

Bottom line for me is we cannot be turning away to quick from players of his quality on a free.
Bielsa deals with it by selling it. He won't tolerate attitude
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:03 pm Bielsa deals with it by selling it. He won't tolerate attitude
If he cannot change it yes I agree, the only way Drexler will get in is if MB agree's... if he does I assume he thinks he can deal with and willing to give it a try.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:13 pm If he cannot change it yes I agree, the only way Drexler will get in is if MB agree's... if he does I assume he thinks he can deal with and willing to give it a try.
Bit late to promise big wages then have him sat in the U23's because he's a bit of a prima donna.. Bielsa doesn't scout for attitude, that's something that becomes a problem later
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 5:16 pm Bit late to promise big wages then have him sat in the U23's because he's a bit of a prima donna.. Bielsa doesn't scout for attitude, that's something that becomes a problem later
Agreed , I think there is more to MB scouting procedure ...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Sorry SG but it seems Draxler is staying in Paris.

Seems he preferred to stay in Paris on an extortionate amount of money with his glamorous French dancer girlfriend whilst playing football occasionally against vastly inferior teams in general over coming to Leeds and being made to do 50 laps of Thorp Arch the day after getting off the plane.
Signed

King Cjay

mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Cjay wrote: Mon May 17, 2021 12:31 pm Sorry SG but it seems Draxler is staying in Paris.

Seems he preferred to stay in Paris on an extortionate amount of money with his glamorous French dancer girlfriend whilst playing football occasionally against vastly inferior teams in general over coming to Leeds and being made to do 50 laps of Thorp Arch the day after getting off the plane.
To be fair to the lad... :)