Purple 3rd kit

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Purple 3rd kit

Post by Currie14 »

Lumiukko wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 5:20 pm I inquired with LUFC shop quite some time ago when I couldn't get the 3rd kit in a size Large, and was told there would be no more coming in. I told them that was sales suicide as I know it is in a fair demand and with the success we have playing in it they could sell a lot more. Not sure did they expect both the success of the team this season and the demand for a 3rd change kit.

I see a few pop up on resale sites like eBay but you have to be careful for both the usual caveats like dodgy sellers and that it isn't a knockoff kit. I got a legitimate centenary grey/pink kit from last season via eBay and paid about the same as club shop was selling at (definitely wanted this one as it marked the 100 years + promotion).
Is directfootballshop.co.uk a genuine reseller or likely knock off? They have them at £54.99 so not cheap but too much to risk it being fake.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Durly wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 8:19 pm I agree. There's another mock up on Waccoe with a navy, round collar and navy (or could be dark purple) shorts and it looks much better.
I'll have a look, ta, that would be even better.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 6:54 pm It is lovely isnt it
Nice colour :tup: I'd buy it
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

I'm quite keen on the dark bluey purple away one. Bit of an 80s Gothy feel about it.............like a Wayne Hussey blouse. :)
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

Here you go, Sara........although I don't think it will look like this......

Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Durly wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 10:04 pm Here you go, Sara........although I don't think it will look like this......

That would do me, definitely. Even the sponsor doesn't look quite so bad on it.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Looks like somebody’s ridden a mountain bike over it a few times, otherwise I quite like it
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

SaraM wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:24 am That would do me, definitely. Even the sponsor doesn't look quite so bad on it.
It looks much better than the other one but, alas, I think it's just a concept kit, based on rumours. The sneak peak from Footy Headlines I posted earlier looks like it will be a cross between the two designs that are doing the rounds.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Currie14 wrote: Thu May 13, 2021 9:17 pm Is directfootballshop.co.uk a genuine reseller or likely knock off? They have them at £54.99 so not cheap but too much to risk it being fake.
They say they are the authentic kits, but then I came across this so... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/direct ... shop.co.uk :duno:
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 10:55 am Looks like somebody’s ridden a mountain bike over it a few times, otherwise I quite like it
I don't like those 'tracks' either. Plain would be much better in my opinion :)
Currie14
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Currie14 »

Lumiukko wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 3:19 pm They say they are the authentic kits, but then I came across this so... https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/direct ... shop.co.uk :duno:
Thanks, something just didn't look quite right, the logo's are a bit.....blurred. Think it's more that they aren't going to supply anything rather than copy's!

Agree that it's a bit short sighted of the club and Adidas that they can't make more to suit demand, only fuels the knock off sites.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Currie14 wrote: Fri May 14, 2021 9:44 pm Thanks, something just didn't look quite right, the logo's are a bit.....blurred. Think it's more that they aren't going to supply anything rather than copy's!

Agree that it's a bit short sighted of the club and Adidas that they can't make more to suit demand, only fuels the knock off sites.
Agree on both counts.