Marcelo Bielsa

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155271
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Leeds United manager Marcelo Bielsa, whose current deal at the club runs out at the end of the season, is close to agreeing a new contract with the Elland Road side according The Telegraph
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cjay »

Another Brighton player who wishes he played for us :)
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cumbriarents
Youth Team
Youth Team
Posts: 183
Joined: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:38 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cumbriarents »

What a challenge these last few years have been for him and i bet he has loved every minute. We are the envy of every other team in the league having the great Bielsa
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Smudge3920 »

He explains things so well...
.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155271
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Leeds manager Marcelo Bielsa has held talks with the club over a new contract and is "not considering alternatives."

He reiterated he would decide his future after the final game of the season, at home to West Brom on Sunday.

"The evaluation of the continuity of a manager is such a delicate decision," he said.

But he added: "I can't not say I have revised with the authorities of the club all the variables that means to carry on.

"I am not considering any alternative option. I am being sincere, I do not have alternative options."
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Mountain »

1964white wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 12:45 pm I can't not say I have revised with the authorities of the club all the variables that means to carry on.
Even when I don't understand him, I love him.
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155271
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

Mountain wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 3:24 pm Even when I don't understand him, I love him.
Yes whatever the great man you have to love him :love:
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Posts: 389
Joined: Sat Apr 27, 2019 8:55 am

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Denman »

This is one of those periods in life when you think you know how lucky you are, but you won’t realise just how lucky for years to come.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 79056
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm always nervous now around this time...he's irreplaceable, probably the best manager in the division and one day he'll walk away.... Until he signs I'm not going to think about it...but we need 2 more seasons at least
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 6:36 pm I'm always nervous now around this time...he's irreplaceable, probably the best manager in the division and one day he'll walk away.... Until he signs I'm not going to think about it...but we need 2 more seasons at least
:tup: ... concur Faaip...this is the make or break point for greatness or just being a Prem league club...2 more years... then I think he will go back to 1 year contracts. :P
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155271
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Fri May 21, 2021 6:36 pm I'm always nervous now around this time...he's irreplaceable, probably the best manager in the division and one day he'll walk away.... Until he signs I'm not going to think about it...but we need 2 more seasons at least
Indeed at least two more seasons Faaip :tup:
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13923
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by John in Louisiana »

The Guardian is reporting that Bielsa has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... b1vWwfPCTY

Fantastic news, if true. I only wish there was a zero after that one.
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Smudge3920 »

Last 11 games ... joint top with the Citeh...last 4 games of the season 4 wins...

Who will be the first muppet next year to say Leeds will burn out they cannot keep it up all year ... :lol:
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41709
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Cjay »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun May 23, 2021 7:37 pm The Guardian is reporting that Bielsa has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... b1vWwfPCTY

Fantastic news, if true. I only wish there was a zero after that one.
Pleased if he does but really wish he would stop with these 1 year deals.

It creates such uncertainty for the club, understand his reasoning but he must see that it isnt helpful to have this uncertainty at the end of every season.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Smudge3920 »

If it is a one year deal I can live with it...Bielsa has a unique style and refuses to compromise...1 year deals are part of his "style", maybe he is a little superstitious...?...All I know is as long as we get confirmation from him or the club this is true...roll on next year ...
Mountain
First Team
First Team
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:20 am

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Mountain »

I think it's just part of the wonderful Bielsa enigma and says so much about him.

We all know that, in football, long term managerial deals do not create certainty for the club at all. This time last year, Chris Wilder could probably have looked for a 10 year contract.

All it creates is certainty for the manager, and financial security. Bielsa could easily ask for a 5 year deal, if things go well he rakes in phenomenal money, if they go wrong he gets a huge pay off. But he doesn't see the game the way others do.

As with everything he does, it's so incredibly selfless. It's hard to think of another player or manager who was so determined to not cash in on success, but to keep earning it...
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Smudge3920 »

Mountain wrote: ↑Sun May 23, 2021 8:22 pm I think it's just part of the wonderful Bielsa enigma and says so much about him.

We all know that, in football, long term managerial deals do not create certainty for the club at all. This time last year, Chris Wilder could probably have looked for a 10 year contract.

All it creates is certainty for the manager, and financial security. Bielsa could easily ask for a 5 year deal, if things go well he rakes in phenomenal money, if they go wrong he gets a huge pay off. But he doesn't see the game the way others do.

As with everything he does, it's so incredibly selfless. It's hard to think of another player or manager who was so determined to not cash in on success, but to keep earning it...
:tup: ...Thats what I was trying to say mountain ...didnt put enough thought into it ...good post
User avatar
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 16442
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2003 10:46 am

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by HarryofOz »

John in Louisiana wrote: ↑Sun May 23, 2021 7:37 pm The Guardian is reporting that Bielsa has agreed to terms on a new one-year contract.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/20 ... b1vWwfPCTY

Fantastic news, if true. I only wish there was a zero after that one.
Yeeeeessssssssssssssssss - the cherry on a delicious cake that has been this season
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
User avatar
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 5203
Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2020 4:08 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by Smudge3920 »

Fully deserved .....
.
User avatar
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Posts: 13923
Joined: Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:09 pm
Location: No Longer Lousiana - Southern Illinois

Re: Marcelo Bielsa

Post by John in Louisiana »

So this means that roughly 63% of the voters are morons.

Seriously.

Could there be any doubt?
Post Reply