Raph is staying

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Raph is staying

Post by Cjay »

This is going to be the saga we have to put up with all summer unfortunately.

Liverpool fans going mad on twitter absolutely convinced that Raph is going to join them for only £10mil more than they sold Brewster to Sheffield United for.

ITK Liverpool fan social media accounts regurgitating this click bait for the entitled masses of LFC to lick up.

Here and now i think we should set them straight on a few things.

We aren't dumb, we know our standing in the world of football isnt what it was, we spent a long time out of the top flight.

But we arent a pushover by any means.

Financially we broke records in the Championship turnover wise.

We announced a record breaking sponsorship deal upon promotion.

And recently we announced a new board member and investor who just so happens to be a LUFC fan, Peter Lowy runs his families investment fund and his family has a net worth that on his own puts us top 8 of the Premier League owners finance league.

Throw in Radz himself and the York family (given the head of it was recently at the match we can assume we do actually have their support) then LUFC can count on financial support behind the club of over £6billion.

We are a historically successful club with very strong financial support, we dont need to sell Raph, we dont want to sell Raph, and given how vocal our majority shareholder was about the ESl i cant imagine he would want to do Liverpool or any of the ESL lot any favours.

Liverpool fans got very excited about an interview Raph did where he spoke about his friendship with other Brazilian footballers in England, nothing strange in that, he spoke about watching Premier League football in the past also and mentioned Gerrard, Henry and others.

What they seem to ignore is this bit.

“I have a contract for another four years and I don't even think about leaving here for exactly this reason: I am happy and making others happy.”

So lets recap, we are a commercially successful club that is growing, we have very strong financial support and no need to sell, the player himself has said publicly he wants to stay, the majority owner wont want to do any favours for the scumbag 6 and crucially its hard to imagine Marcelo Bielsa agreeing to let Raph leave.

The club will do nothing to upset Bielsa.

So i think we can safely say Raph is staying. :)

And when he eventually does leave it will be for a figure far above £32million, likely double it at least.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Raph is staying

Post by Leeds1000 »

I will take your word as gospel Cjay. :)

You are not willing to be bought off i can tell. ;-)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Good post Cj...
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

The £32m is laughable. You just have to look at the fact we paid £30m for Rodrigo with the big possibility of no resale value (due to his age). In signing Rodrigo the club basically said we were willing to blow £30m on making the team better so why would we now be looking to receive £32m (of which only £12-15m would be profit) to weaken the side.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

The thread title is welcome news if substantiated.
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

Welcome back to the Premier League summer transfer window! where the big 6 clubs think they can sign your best players for nowhere near what your valuation of them is.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

visitingvillan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 1:10 am Welcome back to the Premier League summer transfer window! where the big 6 clubs think they can sign your best players for nowhere near what your valuation of them is.
Well not just the 'big' clubs. Just a couple of years ago a team playing in the shadow of their illustrious rivals Birmingham City tried to sign Kalvin Phiilips from us for around £30m.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

£32m? Delusional! Even worse when you think they had the audacity to demand £30m for Harry Wilson :lol:
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

weasel wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 11:14 am Well not just the 'big' clubs. Just a couple of years ago a team playing in the shadow of their illustrious rivals Birmingham City tried to sign Kalvin Phiilips from us for around £30m.
at least that club didn't offer 3 million plus Josh Onamah :lol:
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

No we arent :lol:

Deary me.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

How long before the rumours start that Harry Wilson is coming east, as part of the deal that sees Raph going west?
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

DavidH wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 9:01 pm How long before the rumours start that Harry Wilson is coming east, as part of the deal that sees Raph going west?
Oh they've been at it for months. Same with scum fans thinking we'll swap for Dan James. :lol: :roll:
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

visitingvillan wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:17 pm at least that club didn't offer 3 million plus Josh Onamah :lol:
What seriously?! That's embarrassing even by Levy's standards. :lol:
visitingvillan
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by visitingvillan »

SG90 wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 10:09 pm What seriously?! That's embarrassing even by Levy's standards. :lol:
yep, after we lost the Playoff final vs Fulham and went into financial meltdown under Dr Tony, we were likely to accept an offer around 25m for Jack. Good ole Levy entered in with that offer and our current owners then purchased the club and told him that he was staying with us.