Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Today's Games

Post by White Riot »

WhiteRose wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 8:55 am Say what you want about the penalty we would still have scored in ET without it we had several promising brakes where the players didn't bother trying to score instead electing to protect the ball and they were knackered. As happy as I am at no point have I yet felt close to the anxiety or elation that came with the 18/19 playoffs or the run to the end of the promotion season - perhaps it will with the final though.
I feel the same mate, we managed the game very well towards the end of ET. The matador dancing around the dying bull 🐂 8-)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

The very good news for England is that only three of the players (Walker, Trippier and Henderson) are in their 30s, and 14 of them are 25 or younger. Plus an obviously intelligent coach. So most of this group will be around, and developing for quite some time yet.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

The pen was soft to be honest, don't think he dived though. The one on kane in the first half was absolutely stonewall and yet was given as a foul against him!

If you want to watch diving and theatrics, watch the Italian team!
[/quote]

The pen was balanced by the cheating tactics of the Danes.

From start to finish they were rolling on the ground, shirt pulling, time wasting and generally spoiled the flow of what could have been a great match. That was there tactics.

Best example was when they were knackered after sixty minutes, so one of them feigned injury so that the ref would then let the whole team, have a breather, rehydrate and have a coaching session for give minutes.

Unbelievable Jeff 🤣

Have a nice, safe trip back to Denmark 8-)

Yeah, the Danes should sit and watch the final and watch how the Ities give a cheating master class.

Won't save the Italians though.

I can't wait for Sterling, Saka, Sancho and Foden to get running at the Zimmer frame brothers, Chiellini and Bonucci. The looks on their faces will be priceless :? :?

Football's Coming Home :celeb: :booked:
WestgateRun
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WestgateRun »

Sterling and Kane were diving all over the place. Yet when Italy do the same on Sunday, everyone will be calling them cheats...usual double standards from the English media.
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Keef and come on England. wot about two balls on the pitch and lasers in Kaspers eyes?
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

snap from talksport.
Anyfink to bring the football 'ome mate... every likkle bit 'elps innit?

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Tapatalk

Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:15 am snap from talksport.

Keep clutching at straws hope you've ordered your Italian top ready for Sunday dunno what your gonna do when the Euros are over with your obvious obsession against England 🤔
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

WestgateRun wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:41 am Sterling and Kane were diving all over the place. Yet when Italy do the same on Sunday, everyone will be calling them cheats...usual double standards from the English media.
Indeed our fans will Westgate.

You have to remember Sterling, Grealish & Kane are in training for England's diving team in the Tokyo olympics :lol:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bally wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:18 am Keep clutching at straws hope you've ordered your Italian top ready for Sunday dunno what your gonna do when the Euros are over with your obvious obsession against England 🤔
:lol: :lol:

The rest of the British Isles is very salty in it's jealousy ;-)
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:27 am :lol: :lol:

The rest of the British Isles is very salty in it's jealousy ;-)
It's pathetic
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Bally wrote: Keep clutching at straws hope you've ordered your Italian top ready for Sunday dunno what your gonna do when the Euros are over with your obvious obsession against England Image
I think that the final will be a diving contest, the Italians are masters of sliping and sliding. Both teams will spend more times on their arse than playing football.

As we speak greezey Grealish will be giving the whole english team lessons on how to dive. Sterling and Kane will be practicing their dives on foamy mattresses, and making sheepish pleading eyes to tear at the heartstrings of the referee.

You could not have read my piece where I said I hope England would win, but not for any footballing reasons, but rather for ecstatic crowd to expose the fallacy of wearing masks and social distancing... where all the government rules and regulations are flaunted and broken.

Cognitive dissonance is used to describe the mental discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs, values, or attitudes. How can you believe in all the covid rules and still celebrate like a maniac?

And far be it from me to crow about the diving and cheating. I have only reported what is being said in the mainstream media, and perhaps it is you that feels uncomfortable that the performance of the english team should be held in so low esteem.

The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious, in this case diving and cheating, the euphoria of victory will always put a Band-Aid on how that victory was won.

The final at Wembley will be no more than a spectacle to cover a multitude of sins...to generate public approval, not by excellence in football but as a diversion and distraction, to satisfy the starved souls of a lockdown nation.

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

danhirons wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 9:08 am The Danish wall was too close to the English wall for their free kick so by the letter of the law the free kick actually should have been retaken :)
Bulshitt 🤣
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

Irish Ian wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:28 am Bulshitt 🤣
It's actually true! They have to be one metre away! :angel:
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Bally wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:47 amIt's pathetic
Victory tastes all the sweeter mixed with a bit of saltiness :)
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

danhirons wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:43 am It's actually true! They have to be one metre away! :angel:
This is the new rule 👍
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:11 pm Victory tastes all the sweeter mixed with a bit of saltiness :)
I love salt :)
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

White Riot wrote:
Victory tastes all the sweeter mixed with a bit of saltiness :)
Only a person who lambasts the referee for all of the game because he doesn't give fouls, and then turns around and congratulates him for giving a penalty, can say salt makes something sweeter.

This has to be a new figure of speech... or a mixed metaphor and displays a mind that will triumph in a hollow victory.

Whatever happened to English fair play? it's just not cricket

Last edited by rab_rant on Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
liggy
First Team
First Team

Post by liggy »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 10:15 am snap from talksport.

Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

rab_rant wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 11:18 am I think that the final will be a diving contest, the Italians are masters of sliping and sliding. Both teams will spend more times on their arse than playing football.

As we speak greezey Grealish will be giving the whole english team lessons on how to dive. Sterling and Kane will be practicing their dives on foamy mattresses, and making sheepish pleading eyes to tear at the heartstrings of the referee.

You could not have read my piece where I said I hope England would win, but not for any footballing reasons, but rather for ecstatic crowd to expose the fallacy of wearing masks and social distancing... where all the government rules and regulations are flaunted and broken.

Cognitive dissonance is used to describe the mental discomfort that results from holding two conflicting beliefs, values, or attitudes. How can you believe in all the covid rules and still celebrate like a maniac?

And far be it from me to crow about the diving and cheating. I have only reported what is being said in the mainstream media, and perhaps it is you that feels uncomfortable that the performance of the english team should be held in so low esteem.

The secret of all victory lies in the organization of the non-obvious, in this case diving and cheating, the euphoria of victory will always put a Band-Aid on how that victory was won.

The final at Wembley will be no more than a spectacle to cover a multitude of sins...to generate public approval, not by excellence in football but as a diversion and distraction, to satisfy the starved souls of a lockdown nation.

🤣🤣🤣
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

White Riot wrote: Thu Jul 08, 2021 12:11 pm Victory tastes all the sweeter mixed with a bit of saltiness :)
The more someone goes on the sweeter it tastes 😂😂😂👌