Pre-season Games - Villarreal v Leeds
- Ellandback1
- Superstar

- Posts: 11896
- Joined: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:01 pm
- Twitter: @EllandBack1
- Location: The truth is out there
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.
Everyone keeps saying its just a friendly, and players are finding their feet.
But its the same for both sides!
To me, very disappointing!
Our players are supposed to be the fittest, therefor we should have some kind of advantage over our competition!
But its the same for both sides!
To me, very disappointing!
Our players are supposed to be the fittest, therefor we should have some kind of advantage over our competition!
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.
Also Bielsa was waving his arms furiously so Marcelo was taking the game seriously & obviously unhappy with aspects of our play.Ellandback1 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:53 pm Everyone keeps saying its just a friendly, and players are finding their feet.
But its the same for both sides!
To me, very disappointing!
Our players are supposed to be the fittest, therefor we should have some kind of advantage over our competition!
- The Subhuman
- Superstar

- Posts: 79019
- Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
- Location: God's own county
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.
Panic setting in early I see, Costa actually played quite well today, not much worse than Jack if at all.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
- hector
- Moderator

- Posts: 14634
- Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 5:57 am
- Location: In a wood
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds. 12.30pm Today
I am trying my hardest not to respond to that statement...Orange Box wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 2:38 pm Which one is which? Cos I do like a Curly Wurly but I’m not too keen on Cheesy Wotsits.
Hopelessly lost.................. But making good time
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.
We just need a central midfield player who can run the midfield, take the pressure off Kalvin.
We are so reliant on our England star
We are so reliant on our England star
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7498
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds. 12.30pm Today
That suits me just fine
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.
Pablo ????White Riot wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 4:52 pm Exactly, why we have not had a playmaker since Saiz departed is astounding.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
- White Riot
- Superstar

- Posts: 22381
- Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
- Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- Johnboy1965
- Subs Bench

- Posts: 812
- Joined: Wed Apr 28, 2021 7:53 am
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.....Highlights up.
Assuming Rodders and Bamford both start I feel our bench is weak. There is no one who can come on and take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. Roberts, Costa and Poveda are too predictable and lack the cutting edge.
Would like to see Summerville or Greenwood get a chance next season. Costa and Roberts have had theirs and I'm afraid neither are good enough.
Would like to see Summerville or Greenwood get a chance next season. Costa and Roberts have had theirs and I'm afraid neither are good enough.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.....Highlights up.
Attacking players with very few goals or assists in their game.Johnboy1965 wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:40 pm Assuming Rodders and Bamford both start I feel our bench is weak. There is no one who can come on and take the game by the scruff of the neck and make things happen. Roberts, Costa and Poveda are too predictable and lack the cutting edge.
- Carrick Dave
- Site Contributor

- Posts: 6750
- Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:46 pm
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds. 12.30pm Today
The guy is an absolute waste of a wage. I've been watching him fail to achieve anything at all ever since he arrived, even Bielsa appears incapable of improving him - no energy, no urgency, no originality, no threat, no goals.
I wish I felt differently but I groan every time he comes on.
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds. 12.30pm Today
Also has a tendency to foul the opposition attackers when he chases back to defend.Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:58 pm The guy is an absolute waste of a wage. I've been watching him fail to achieve anything at all ever since he arrived, even Bielsa appears incapable of improving him - no energy, no urgency, no originality, no threat, no goals.
I wish I felt differently but I groan every time he comes on.
Raphinha is on different planet in comparison to Costa whom we paid the same fee for.
-
WhiteRose
- Manager

- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds. 12.30pm Today
Completely agree, he has very few redeeming features to his game, does show the odd flash of ability but far too inconsistent. He also seems to have a knack for giving away free kicks in dangerous areas when trying to defend.Carrick Dave wrote: ↑Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:58 pm The guy is an absolute waste of a wage. I've been watching him fail to achieve anything at all ever since he arrived, even Bielsa appears incapable of improving him - no energy, no urgency, no originality, no threat, no goals.
I wish I felt differently but I groan every time he comes on.
-
WhiteRose
- Manager

- Posts: 3693
- Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:24 pm
- 1964white
- Lord Southwold

- Posts: 155199
- Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
- Twitter: @1964white
-
Leeds1000
- Manager

- Posts: 4157
- Joined: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:11 pm
Re: Pre-season Games - Real Betis v Leeds.....Highlights up.
Have to agree in regards Costa's defending its woeful and it nearly always does result in a dangerous freekick. He's obviously a confidence player but he's never got beyond level 1 for us unfortunately.
- Orange Box
- Superstar

- Posts: 7498
- Joined: Wed Mar 10, 2021 3:51 pm
- Location: West of Scotland, formerly Cas Vegas