The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th August) Phil Hay sets the record straight on Brien and Traore

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th August) Phil Hay sets the record straight on Brien and Traore

Post by Ellandback1 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:15 am Good morning lads and lasses hope you are well and had a great summer one and all, and are looking forward to the new season, onwards and upwards for Leeds United!

I was talking to my golfing buddy (a town fan) the other day about Lewis O’Brien and he considers him to be their star player, “a cross between Billy Bremner and Paul Scholes” was his comment - high praise indeed if perhaps a little OTT. Despite my friend being a Town fan I believe he knows what he’s talking about, so despite the fact that I know nothing about O’Brien I would trust his judgement and would not be averse to trying to bring him in as an eventual replacement for Klich.
Whenever I play golf, I always bring a spare pair of trousers.

In case I get a hole in one... :P
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Wednesday 4th August) Phil Hay sets the record straight on Brien and Traore

Post by HarryofOz »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:15 pm That's how rumours start.

BTW, can I quote you on that? :roflmao:
:) , but of course.

A source - only 17,000 km from Leeds Utd - revealed that Leeds were on the verge of signing Traore :)
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:17 am I'd love to see Dan James. I think he has so much potential that is being wasted. His record at OT is pretty good despite very limited appearances and can see Bielsa making him into a cracking no.10 or wide player - I see him more in the 10 role as someone who can carry the ball centrally with great speed. I do however think MU would be very reluctant to sell him to us as they would be concerned as to how it would look if Bielsa turned him into the player that OGS is not capable of.
He has something i suppose but id rather we signed someone a bit more the finished article.

We may not have Bielsa for many more years and it seems risky to me to keep buying players and expecting Bielsa to polish them to make them useful.

Also Manure would want £30+mil id imagine given they paid almost £20mil and he would qualfy for inflated domestic player tax.

And at that price their is far better value out their i am certain.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

How about we stop signing average players and expecting MB to perform miracles and we actually sign one of two players who are good already and can take us to the next level? Not to mention O'Brien and James will probably cost a fortune anyway.

Not surprised about Cooper, MB will keep picking his favourites. I just hope it doesn't resolve in pushing Struijk out the door.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:16 pm Whenever I play golf, I always bring a spare pair of trousers.

EB,

Did you know that if you hit a really bad shot in golf but it ends up with a good result it's called a Sister-in-law because "it's up there but it shouldn't be" :)
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 2:13 pm EB,

Did you know that if you hit a really bad shot in golf but it ends up with a good result it's called a Sister-in-law because "it's up there but it shouldn't be" :)
:shock: :-D :roflmao: :lol:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Cjay wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:53 pm He has something i suppose but id rather we signed someone a bit more the finished article.

We may not have Bielsa for many more years and it seems risky to me to keep buying players and expecting Bielsa to polish them to make them useful.

Also Manure would want £30+mil id imagine given they paid almost £20mil and he would qualfy for inflated domestic player tax.

And at that price their is far better value out their i am certain.
I have a contact in Australia that tells me that that Leeds have more or less wrapped up the Traore deal!!!!!
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 12:16 pm Whenever I play golf, I always bring a spare pair of trousers.

I can assure you I’ve never been anywhere near a hole in one Elland so I only ever need to take one pair 👍🏻
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 4:27 pm I can assure you I’ve never been anywhere near a hole in one Elland so I only ever need to take one pair 👍🏻
:)
hector

Post by hector »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:57 pm I have a contact in Australia that tells me that that Leeds have more or less wrapped up the Traore deal!!!!!
:) :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 3:57 pm I have a contact in Australia that tells me that that Leeds have more or less wrapped up the Traore deal!!!!!
Is it Harry "click bait" of Oz?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:51 am Welcome back Byebye, hope you've this summer :tup: I'm assuming much of it on the golf course.

If O'Brien achieves half of what Bremner & Scholes achieved in his career get him signed up :-D
The more I look at O'Brien the more I like him,...latest reports have him saying "He wants to play for Leeds, not looking for the pay packet and he is prepared to wait and learn from MB thus earning his place...have a feeling that there might not be too much work to do depending on what MB has set his mind on ...