Manchester United v Leeds United Match Thread - Dallas at left back, Koch in for Phillips

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Manchester United v Leeds United Match Thread - Dallas at left back, Koch in for Phillips

Post by SG90 »

Raph has been awful today
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Manchester United v Leeds United Match Thread - Dallas at left back, Koch in for Phillips

Post by Overman »

White Riot wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:03 pm And we leave Phillips on the bench and play Rodrigo and Koch in centre midfield, absolutely insane.
Just an idea, maybe at some point it might be good to sign players and actually play them in their natural position.

This has been amateurish and embarrassing. There are no excuses to be had.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:54 pm Just goes to show what a huge difference Kalvin and Llorente make!
We are just a mess & totally shapeless without these two.
Allrounder
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Allrounder »

Will be difficult to keep KP next season
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

rab_rant wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:08 pm Bill's goal was at least worth 4 manure goals🤪😍🥰
That is true, goals should be rated for artistic impression, then we'd maybe have a chance at Old Trafford.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

White Riot wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:08 pm As I said standing still will cost us a few seasons of progression.

Unless we get a couple of midfielders in we've just lost the opportunity to progress.
Yep, too many owners unfortunately.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

We overachieved last year but with fans back, teams knowing how we play and No improvement in the Squad this could be a worrying Season .Their is a reason why Bielsa signs only 1 year deals .
You need to invest in this Squad to stay in this Competition.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Cjay wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:07 pm Is this acceptable to you then Swannie?

This will never ever be acceptable, no excuses imo.
So what's the answer then Cjay? Rob a bank?

We just cannot compete money wise with this lot is all I'm saying.

Yes I'm gutted at getting stuffed at OT just like everyone else, but I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over it. I expected them to beat us easily. We'll bash other teams on another day....and scum will bash other teams on another day
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Overman wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:10 pm Just an idea, maybe at some point it might be good to sign players and actually play them in their natural position.

This has been amateurish and embarrassing. There are no excuses to be had.
What's the point of making the u23s play the same way if we don't give them a chance in their best position?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Allrounder wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:11 pm Will be difficult to keep KP next season
I think the same, his head may be already turned, and it'll have spun round a few more times watching that shite.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

I'll delay my thoughts on this match until I have rationalized it all a bit.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

That just sums Raph's performance up!
rondownunder
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by rondownunder »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:01 pm We bring on Costa, they can bring on Sancho 🙄
The top 4 will pull away this year, just as the rich have pulled away further during Covid. We are not competing with these guys with our finances. Sure we hate them, we want to beat them, we are both in the Premier league, but no one should be surprised of the gulf in class. They have Cavani, Verane and Rashford to join this lineup. Scary. We missed the solidity of KP and Llorente today, but let's all see this mismatch for what it is. We go again soon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Bloody Hell Raph!
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

They always save their best for us, will see plenty of abject performances from them this year. Nothing coming off for us today bad team selection, ricochets always dropping at scum feet, stray passes, poor tackling, ineffective pressing, a midfield players can walk straight through. Harrison and Raph both poor, sod all service to bamford all game and options from the bench worse than what’s on the field and how’s Raph missed that!
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:13 pm So what's the answer then Cjay? Rob a bank?

Yes I'm gutted at getting stuffed at OT just like everyone else, but I'm not getting my knickers in a twist over it. I expected them to beat us easily. We'll bash other teams on another day....and scum will bash other teams on another day
Why is it the likes of Burnley and Crystal Palace leave the swamp with all 3 points yet we always get hammered?
Last edited by SG90 on Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:13 pm So what's the answer then Cjay? Rob a bank?

Yeah, but to surrender the midfield against a decent side is suicide.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Wholly s**t how doesn't Raphinha put that on target ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:09 pm Shite from start to finish, but to be expected with that team selection
Only person who wasn't concerned with the team selection was Bielsa himself.

Our fans knew what was coming.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

SG90 wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 1:14 pm Why is it the likes of Burnley and Crystal Palace leave the swamp with all 3 points yet we always get hammered?
Cos MB tries to play last season's runners up with no midfield :?