FPL Competition - 2025/26

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
Post Reply
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155160
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:14 pm Hi folks,

So far we have 18 participants in our league :clap:

Thanks to all for joining.

Just a reminder to anyone else thinking of joining.

Just create a team and join the league by following the links I posted at the start of the thread.

You can join the FPL and the league at any stage of the season. But you'll get more points by entering a team before Brentford v Arsenal kicks off tonight.

Good luck everyone 8-)
Excellent mate :tup:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

Fernandes was my captain today, unfortunately I started Cavani but still. Ayling got me a goal too
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FPL Competition

Post by White Riot »

My team selection was as bad as Bielsa's :shock:

Raphinha, Bamford and Harrison, I really should stop smoking crystal meth and crack :?
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

I still have Son/Benrama and Dias to go. Started 10 only
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155160
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

I have Lloris, Kane, Zinchenko & Gundogan.

Rumours are Kane won't play
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Cjay »

I should have used the bench boost thing, Tarkowski would have got me some points.

I haven't done well :(

Need to learn more about how to play, Captains and such :lol:

Dias and Son to play, please score
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18297
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Cjay wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:14 pm I should have used the bench boost thing, Tarkowski would have got me some points.

I haven't done well :(

Need to learn more about how to play, Captains and such :lol:

Dias and Son to play, please score
Think I’m the same as you Cjay, although I haven’t checked. I left Ayling in the bench, put in the Arsenal goalie (although my other keeper is Mes, so perhaps that was the right choice) 🙄
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155160
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

What is this bench boost & captain thing all about?
User avatar
Muppet the Cat
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 18297
Joined: Mon May 29, 2017 9:42 pm
Location: Cardiff

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Actually, I'm doing better than I thought - 4th in Riot's MOT mini-league and only a point behind Frimley Rovers in 3rd.
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:42 pm What is this bench boost & captain thing all about?
You can and should nominate a captain, I think it doubles their score. You do that by clicking on them and it should ask tou if you want to make them captain. I had Fernandes as captain scoring 40 pts, not because he played us but I think he's my best player in a position he can score..

Can only do that though once the teams are unlocked after all the games

The boosts I think you can use only once a season ..maybe

I get 10 points from Benrahma too today, and assist and goal. If Spurs score I need it to be Son as I have Dias too

I think Mee Ta is out in front.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Cjay »

Muppet the Cat wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:07 pm Actually, I'm doing better than I thought - 4th in Riot's MOT mini-league and only a point behind Frimley Rovers in 3rd.
You are doing very well mate!!!
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
User avatar
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 41698
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 3:01 pm

Re: FPL Competition

Post by Cjay »

Yaaaay Son.

Points for meeee
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
rab_rant

Re: FPL Competition

Post by rab_rant »

and there was I thinking that no Leeds supporter would ever have a man utd player on the fantasy football team... how wrong can I be
User avatar
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 22381
Joined: Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:02 pm
Location: Plovdiv, Bulgaria

Re: FPL Competition

Post by White Riot »

1964white wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:42 pm What is this bench boost & captain thing all about?
Read the pm I sent you Leon ☺️
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

rab_rant wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:50 pm and there was I thinking that no Leeds supporter would ever have a man utd player on the fantasy football team... how wrong can I be
Would be a bit like ignoring the red squares in Monopoly...It's a game, no point playing if your not playing to win.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

Am I the only one with Manure players ..personally I think it far worse if you play Chelsea players ..Chelsea 10 times worse than Manure for me
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155160
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:12 pm You can and should nominate a captain, I think it doubles their score. You do that by clicking on them and it should ask tou if you want to make them captain. I had Fernandes as captain scoring 40 pts, not because he played us but I think he's my best player in a position he can score..

Can only do that though once the teams are unlocked after all the games

The boosts I think you can use only once a season ..maybe

I get 10 points from Benrahma too today, and assist and goal. If Spurs score I need it to be Son as I have Dias too

I think Mee Ta is out in front.
Thanks Faaip & well done

I naively have Kane as my captain :roll:
User avatar
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar
Posts: 78995
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 10:03 am
Location: God's own county

Re: FPL Competition

Post by The Subhuman »

We could have a no Man Utd rule but I'd want a no Chelsea rule too.
"A mind is like a parachute, it doesn't work if it's not open"
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155160
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:04 pm Am I the only one with Manure players ..personally I think it far worse if you play Chelsea players ..Chelsea 10 times worse than Manure for me
I only have Luke Shaw in my team
User avatar
1964white
Lord Southwold
Lord Southwold
Posts: 155160
Joined: Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:46 am
Twitter: @1964white

Re: FPL Competition

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: ↑Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:57 pm Read the pm I sent you Leon ☺️
:tup: :tup:
Post Reply